*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Well...

Back and tri day...First time back for around 5/6 months....OWwwwwwwwwwww

Did Deadlifts, got to 50kg, so not bad really :) Hopefully it will shoot up after a couple of weeks. Also did BOR's and single arm rows over a bench. Sadly no pull up bar there.

All in all it's my damn hamstrings that hurt!

Meh, very low stats, but hey ho :)

Soldato
Think I have an injury or two. :(

The session before last I was doing rope pulldowns and felt slight twinge in my back/lat so opted not to do back today and did legs instead.

Looks like squatting wasn't too kind on it and I've just been out in the garage and am in a fair bit of discomfort. Old wrist injury is back now too and in constant pain! :mad: :(

Think I might have to switch from 3 lifting sessions a week to 2 weights and 1 cardio to let the wrist slowly get stronger. :(

Man of Honour
Delvis, I wrote up a nice 3 day split for you earlier at work, but then my boss walked in and I had to close all my OcUK windows :(

It looks like you know what exercises to do, so I won't bother typing the whole thing out again, but I'd stick roughly to Gordys but change abs and shoulders around.

Day 1 - Chest & Tri
Day 2 - Back & Bi
Day 3 - Legs & Shoulders

Ditch abs altogether, unless you really think you need it for some reason. At your stage (my stage) I'd say it's a bit pointless, maybe on one of your off days mix some core stuff (plank, abs stuff etc) in with a bit of cardio?

Caporegime
Delvis, I wrote up a nice 3 day split for you earlier at work, but then my boss walked in and I had to close all my OcUK windows :(

It looks like you know what exercises to do, so I won't bother typing the whole thing out again, but I'd stick roughly to Gordys but change abs and shoulders around.

Day 1 - Chest & Tri
Day 2 - Back & Bi
Day 3 - Legs & Shoulders

Ditch abs altogether, unless you really think you need it for some reason. At your stage (my stage) I'd say it's a bit pointless, maybe on one of your off days mix some core stuff (plank, abs stuff etc) in with a bit of cardio?

Damn bosses!!!! :p Thank you though :)

Well, I know of a fair few of the exercises yes, but if you notice that I could do something else then please, chip in...On a side note, what would you do for Tri's? With free-weights only?

I agree about the Abs...You should 'theoretically' be using your Abs for most exercises anyway, even if it's just to keep your core tight so to speak. I do have terrible abs / too much fat around them to notice anything, so hopefully once my BF lowers things will improve.

Thank you though, your input is very much appreciated :)...Really hoping I can go up in the numbers soon!

EDIT: Ooh, I noticed you put Chest and Tri's together? I figured I wouldn't be able to do any isolation on them very well after doing flys etc?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Make sure to get straight leg dead lifts in on leg days, I know that's something people forget.

For tris I do pulldowns, narrow dips and seated single arm extensions - you could mix that with standard and overhead extension as well.

Caporegime
Make sure to get straight leg dead lifts in on leg days, I know that's something people forget.

For tris I do pulldowns, narrow dips and seated single arm extensions - you could mix that with standard and overhead extension as well.

Hmm okay...Why not on Back day? I find it works my back more...?

Soldato
Straight leg deadlifts are more to target your hamstrings and you should really be able to feel it in there.

Personally I normally do deadlifts on a back day, recently been doing them after squats though as I'm only going to my gym with barbells ~once a week and my squatting has been pretty light with a weak knee.

Caporegime
Straight leg deadlifts are more to target your hamstrings and you should really be able to feel it in there.

Personally I normally do deadlifts on a back day, recently been doing them after squats though as I'm only going to my gym with barbells ~once a week and my squatting has been pretty light with a weak knee.

Yeah I used to do Deads with Squats, but trying them on back day...I just found that they work my legs as well as my back, and SLDL's tend to work my 'lower' back quite a bit, as well as my hamstrings.

And to be honest as I said earlier, my hams are killing today, and thats after normal Deadlifts :o:p

Caporegime
You're doing it wrong ^_^ :D

I tend to find it does my back slightly, in the same way that standard deadlifts work my legs slightly.

Works your legs slightly? I couldn't work this evening! More of a damn leg exercise at the moment :p

Oh, and as promised from ages ago this is what I have to work with:

img0137jy.jpg

img0138hx.jpg

img0139uy.jpg

Caporegime
that gym looks good for free, only real thing that's missing is dumbbells i noticed the olympic dumbbells but they are dangerous when it comes to heavy weights, your never sure whether or not its going to hold or fall on top of you.

if i was you, i would start putting £20 in a jar every week then after a while get a set of iron masters if your really want to do dumbbell work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom