*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
The Alban Arena, St. Albans
31st July (so next Sunday)
£15 for all day ticket

Show starts at 1 until 3, then the evening show starts 5 until about 8 :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Anyone fancy a gym rats meet at the BNBF Centrals show? I'm going anyway to cheer on a competitor and meet my hero, Freefaller.

But would be good if could get a few more, maybe go for a big manly alpha meal in between the morning and evening show?

Dude! :o

I shall be there - mildly hungover with BBx and Knip from here, supporting Sinead. So Desmo will be there too. :) Though we will have some friends there too...

Really looking forward to meeting you! :) Happy to go and grab a bite and have a chat and a manly catch up! ;)

Man of Honour
I know you're going to be there, hence the hero comment :D can't wait to meet you either, except this time I'll try not to be too scared. Last time I "saw" you at the Motors meet, I was too shy to talk to you :(

Man of Honour
Indeed man :)

I do tend to take it steady, last thing I'd want to do is twinge my back and have issues for the rest of my life...I'm bad enough as it is :p

Oh and Freefaller...I'm sorry...I watched Harry Potter last night in stead of the Gym :(....Tonight though...I become...ALPHA MAN!!!!

YEAAAAAH :cool:

Maybe :o

You better!!!!!

As for my hotel gym yesterday, I have a surprising amount of DOMS in my back!! Supersetted machine work and chins seem to work well enough it seems!

Man of Honour
I know you're going to be there, hence the hero comment :D can't wait to meet you either, except this time I'll try not to be too scared. Last time I "saw" you at the Motors meet, I was too shy to talk to you :(

:o Hero.... :o :o

I'll be mildly hungover, so will be a complete softy (which I always am). :p

Can't say I even realised you were at the motors meet! :o Sorry dude!

J.T

J.T

Soldato
I'm still planning to be at the Centrals, I just haven’t plucked up the courage to get permission yet....talk about Beta! :(

Man of Honour
J.T, beta...

i_hug_that_feel.png

Caporegime
You better!!!!!

As for my hotel gym yesterday, I have a surprising amount of DOMS in my back!! Supersetted machine work and chins seem to work well enough it seems!

Look man...I'm sorry okay? It just happened :(

I'll try get some pics up if I can of the area i'm in.

Pfft machines, free-weights all the way RAWR!

Also, I can't for the life of me remember what my three day split was, so if anyone feels nice with writing me up a small one then feel free :)..Just remember I can't do push-press too well at the moment, well, shoulder presses anyway.

Might do Legs and Back today though :)

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Morba, not being funny have you injured yourself? Your squat weight seems very low...

I tried my 220kgx5 deadlift the other day got 3 and the 4th one slipped off the metal hook strap, but my 3 went up very quickly and very easily, the 4th just kept slipping and i was trying to stop the weights from spinning (thus causing the bar to roll over the hooks, its amazing how near 500lb manages to roll uphill so easily lol).

I will upload to Youtube later if i can and re-post with it here :)

Also i'm having serious jip on my knee joints from doing dips, i load a tri bar
-(II)- <-- That shape up with about 200lb then have a 30kg dumbell on top of it and it sits on my legs, did this for about 3months and knees are very sore. Looks like i'ma have to start squatting again pronto!

Soldato
Quite chuffed last night :D After a couple of months working with dumbells/bodyweight I pushed out 3x10 pushups without failing/stopping. Seeing as before I started I could barely make 1x10 without failing (original 10st weakling:() I'm quite pleased. I'm going to push them up to 3x12 from now. I'm also looking at a doorframe pullup bar for after I move, as long as there's a suitable doorway. I rekon 10 pullups/chinups is my next milestone.

edit: Meant to say, it's through reading this thread and the like that I've gained the imptus to start training and commit to it. So thanks.

Last edited:
Soldato
one of my goals before going on holiday in 4 weeks was to get 3 pull ups out... but that really isn't going to happen im afraid. Hopefully I can meet my other goals desite a 2 and a half week lay off due to traveling with work, and a lot of eating and drinking at MK Bowl, T in the Park and graduation.

I had lost 11lbs over 4 weeks so I was really happy with my progress, but I have gained 2 lbs over those weeks, where as I would rather have lost 4 haha! Hoping to lose another 8lbs over the next 4 weeks, brining me down to about 15 stone 6lbs, the lightest I have been for ages!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom