*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Hi Guys,

Morba, not being funny have you injured yourself? Your squat weight seems very low...

I tried my 220kgx5 deadlift the other day got 3 and the 4th one slipped off the metal hook strap, but my 3 went up very quickly and very easily, the 4th just kept slipping and i was trying to stop the weights from spinning (thus causing the bar to roll over the hooks, its amazing how near 500lb manages to roll uphill so easily lol).

I will upload to Youtube later if i can and re-post with it here :)

Also i'm having serious jip on my knee joints from doing dips, i load a tri bar
-(II)- <-- That shape up with about 200lb then have a 30kg dumbell on top of it and it sits on my legs, did this for about 3months and knees are very sore. Looks like i'ma have to start squatting again pronto!
Nice deadlifting :cool:

HST is getting serious, on 10 reps for two weeks and the weights are going to get big.

Squats were 2x10x160kg, which was a pb and supposed to be the lightest day :o

SLDL was 2x10x150kg, again a pb.

Just hope I don't break! :o

Caporegime
OP
Hi Guys,

Morba, not being funny have you injured yourself? Your squat weight seems very low...

Nah, just not really touched any weights in a few months now and my legs get tired from all the swimming i'm doing. So it was just some light work to get the muscles used to being stressed again under load :)

It will be a while before I get back to lifting anything really heavy tbh, thats not in my current goals but will be eventually :D

Caporegime
Hi guys

So to get me back in to the swing of things, shall I stick to Gordys routine or make something else up?

Gordys:
Monday – Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday – Back/Biceps
Friday – Legs/Abs

I was intending to do back with Legs? Or would this not be recommended?

Any info appreciated :)

Associate
Hi guys

So to get me back in to the swing of things, shall I stick to Gordys routine or make something else up?

Gordys:
Monday – Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Wednesday – Back/Biceps
Friday – Legs/Abs

I was intending to do back with Legs? Or would this not be recommended?

Any info appreciated :)

squats and deadlifts on the same day will be tough and may limit the weight you lift on the exercise you do second. up to you though

GAC

GAC

Soldato
felt a bit under par today but still managed to have a ok session even if some tool was smoking near the entrance to the gym and stunk the place out :mad:

hack sqaut machine.
3x8x50kg's

bench press. slowly getting closer to 100, may have crack at it in two weeks once iv worked this weekend out of the system :p

8x80kg's
7x90kg's
7x80kg's
6x70kg's

deadlifts. felt good even though i did start to leave puddles after the first set, give it another week to get comfy and work up a 4th set and then il start to move it up again.

3x8x100kg's

and a quick 10 mins on the cross trainer. now time to prepare for the quest for booze.

Caporegime
OP
So, out of interest whats your split consist of? :)

I can try doing them separately and see how things go. However should I leave shoulders on chest days?

At the moment I don't have one :D

Again, I see the benefit to doing shoulders on same day as chest, but personally I rarely did that myself. My old general routine was :

chest & bi's
back & tri's
legs & shoulders

Soldato
Legs feel like jelly after my session earlier! :o

One question I do have:

When people post up what weight they are lifting, do they include the bar?

Whenever I say I'm lifting say 40 kg, I mean 40 kg of weights added to the barbell, so is that actually 60kg? As mentioned earlier I'm not really fussed about trying to lift the biggest weights on Earth (for now anyway!) but it'd be nice to confirm what's what. Thinking about it, it makes sense to add the bar because that's the total weight I'm lifting.

Caporegime
At the moment I don't have one :D

Again, I see the benefit to doing shoulders on same day as chest, but personally I rarely did that myself. My old general routine was :

chest & bi's
back & tri's
legs & shoulders

Cheers, i'll give it a shot anyway :)

I have a weird feeling that if I work my chest too much i'll do my shoulders in if I work them as well....Especially if I do chest-flys

Soldato
By the end of my chest routine my tri's are feeling it soo much that any attempt to work them is pretty frutiless. I work them on back day and blast the bi's quckily on chest days.

Soldato
I see.

So that means that today I was squatting 60 kg not 40 kg! Fair bit of difference there! I think at my 'peak' a few years ago I was squatting around 80 kg. Some way to go before I get back to that then...60 feels tough enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom