*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Beasted my legs and back at the gym today (doing weird splits atm with odd working patterns, will get into routine soon!)

Supersetting high rep leg extensions with leg curls was an interesting alternative to squats!

Managed to deadlift:
150x4 (double overhand)
150x5 (mixed grip, my god the lift felt so much easier!)
150x4 (mixed)
120x8

I think I possibly did a set too many warm ups, went: 50x10, 80x5,100x5, 120x5, 140x3

After 3 days in the gym though I was feeling a bit worse for wear, currently cutting and much prefer having a 2 on, 1 off, 2on, 2off approach to weights days :)

Associate
Quick update

Been continuing with my program and will be attempting 120kg square tomorrow which should be easy. So that's 40kg on my squat in 4 weeks which is what I wanted. Hoping to get to 140kg before too long.

Also managed 175kg deads for 5 reps, going for 180 tomorrow too. Aiming for 200 soon:)

Caporegime
Pffft...New conan sucks!

jasonmomoaasconan2011mo.jpg

Arnold *** :p

conanv.jpg

Man of Honour
Quick update

Been continuing with my program and will be attempting 120kg square tomorrow which should be easy. So that's 40kg on my squat in 4 weeks which is what I wanted. Hoping to get to 140kg before too long.

Also managed 175kg deads for 5 reps, going for 180 tomorrow too. Aiming for 200 soon:)

Nice progress/work matey - must come down to the gym soon and do a sesh :)

Did you have a cheerleader for your HC2PP again? :p

Joking apart it was nice of the guy to give you some encouragement. :)

haha! Just Leigh and Paul! Went up easily this time.

Associate
Yes freefaller, we should have a sat session some time soon. Maybe next weekend?

You can critique my form as I feel my squat might need a few pointers! Let me know and we might be able to arrange something

Man of Honour
That'll be me then! My wrist is still hurting after Wednesday's squatting! Should be better by tomorrow though.

Think I may need to start training wrists to build strength.
It's a flexibility/mobility problem rather than strength
Well spotted by icecold re: rounding of back. It's important for your lower back to be solid and not moving - especially accentuated when going as deep as you have been (which is good to see! :cool:).

As for me today, great short sesh, powercleaned 130kg fairly comfortably, but 135kg I just couldn't get under the bar :/ Still, managed to HC2PP 110kg again for a couple. Followed by about 40 reps of deads, and then some shoulder work. Feeling good :cool:
Awesome lifting mate :cool:

I'm keen to try and max out HC2PP, I've only done them for high reps really.

Thanks for the feedback icecold, I'll work on those points and post a video in a few weeks.
No worries. At least the other good news is that your back is clearly ridiculously hench :p

Caporegime
Saw a mate today. Last time I saw him he was really skinny, about a year ago. Saw him tonight, absolutely massive, shoulders wide as hell, legs huge, chest huge, etc. I was literally speechless.

Obviously he has been on the juice, but it really made me think about doing the same. I've always been one to do it naturally, but seeing this guy's progress within a year, it's just really demotivated me :/ he was huge. I know by the time I get to his level, I'll feel proud that I did it without 'help' but I can't help but feel like I want to do it the quick way.

Mind was seriously blown tonight :/

Man of Honour
But he's now reliant on the juice to stay at that size. As soon as he stops, his body won't be able to hold all that mass and fall back to his genetic limit, which for all you know could be that really skinny guy again

Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of hard work when taking dat der celltech. You can't just inject yourself and grow by lunchtime, but the results of reaching your genetic limit naturally as opposed to just getting big (probably a lot of water as opposed to muscle anyway if he's just taking any old stuff) on steroids is a far better achievement and one that you know you had a harder time doing.

Again, I've not closed the door on the steroid route at some point in the future, the far away future, so can't try and preach too much, but don't be tempted to that route mate just because of the chance to see some quick results. Because those results are likely going to need constant cycles to maintain, and the minute he comes off, he'll start to shrink, while you'll be there out massing him and making him feel small then

Caporegime
Saw a mate today. Last time I saw him he was really skinny, about a year ago. Saw him tonight, absolutely massive, shoulders wide as hell, legs huge, chest huge, etc. I was literally speechless.

Obviously he has been on the juice, but it really made me think about doing the same. I've always been one to do it naturally, but seeing this guy's progress within a year, it's just really demotivated me :/ he was huge. I know by the time I get to his level, I'll feel proud that I did it without 'help' but I can't help but feel like I want to do it the quick way.

Mind was seriously blown tonight :/

Meh, entirely up to you, but as has been said, the juice got him that big, as soon as he stops and he carrys on working out how he has been, he will drop mass. So he'll either have to work his round circular things off double time or just not bother :)

I'd rather stay natural, sure, it'd be nice to see what happens on juice, but no thanks :p

Caporegime
But he's now reliant on the juice to stay at that size. As soon as he stops, his body won't be able to hold all that mass and fall back to his genetic limit, which for all you know could be that really skinny guy again

Don't get me wrong, there's still a lot of hard work when taking dat der celltech. You can't just inject yourself and grow by lunchtime, but the results of reaching your genetic limit naturally as opposed to just getting big (probably a lot of water as opposed to muscle anyway if he's just taking any old stuff) on steroids is a far better achievement and one that you know you had a harder time doing.

Again, I've not closed the door on the steroid route at some point in the future, the far away future, so can't try and preach too much, but don't be tempted to that route mate just because of the chance to see some quick results. Because those results are likely going to need constant cycles to maintain, and the minute he comes off, he'll start to shrink, while you'll be there out massing him and making him feel small then

Yeah I probably wasn't thinking straight last night tbh. I know I'd never do it, I've never been one to take the easy route, especially with the risks and side effects added in.

I've seen plenty of people who have juiced before, but I guess it was just knowing that this guy was your average skinny guy literally a year ago, that's what did it for me. Pretty much shocked and amazed me.

As you say though, he'll be continuously repeating that to keep his gains and tbh that's not something I'd fancy doing to my body. Makes me feel better anyway, cheers. :)

Meh, entirely up to you, but as has been said, the juice got him that big, as soon as he stops and he carrys on working out how he has been, he will drop mass. So he'll either have to work his round circular things off double time or just not bother :)

I'd rather stay natural, sure, it'd be nice to see what happens on juice, but no thanks :p

Yeah me too. It's demotivating at first seeing someone smash your progress within such a small amount of time, but I'll definitely be the one feeling better about it once I've hit where I want to be, without messing with my health to get there.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah me too. It's demotivating at first seeing someone smash your progress within such a small amount of time, but I'll definitely be the one feeling better about it once I've hit where I want to be, without messing with my health to get there.

Indeed :)

I need to see when the school closes tonight...I want to do chest after work. However I also have a wedding reception to go to with a BBQ :D...I'm driving as well so no alcohol

Associate
Next weekend I'll be down in Brighton undoing all the hardwork I've been doing over the past few years for my b'day! :D

However maybe the weekend after - I'll keep you posted. :)

Sounds good, I should be able to do that one too as the GF will be on a hen weekend.

However I must warn you, I will be nearing the end of my programme so max weights for me will be the order of the day so expect some epic failure on my behalf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom