*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The mrs has started going to my gym, and wants me to go with her on an evening (she wont go otherwise!) however I usually go midday as the free weight are nice an quiet, as opposed to really busy at teatime when she can go.

Would it be detrimental for me to go twice and do my usual midday and then smash the cardio up in the evening with her?

Man of Honour
good work :D get a vid, would be good to see you powercleaning that sort of weight :D

And just laugh at the awful grunting and technique? :p It's not pretty, but I don't really do it properly either, it's pure strength rather than technique, if I had the technique I could add another 20kg I reckon.

I'll get a vid up soon. :)

Caporegime
OP
And just laugh at the awful grunting and technique? :p It's not pretty, but I don't really do it properly either, it's pure strength rather than technique, if I had the technique I could add another 20kg I reckon.

I'll get a vid up soon. :)

Freefaller, all sweaty and grunting

That's my sort of video...........no homo

Indeed, works for me :p

Soldato
Totally serious question. How much does being constipated/having poo before a work out affect a person?

I've been constipated and my diet has been poor, so whilst feeling poo (no pun intended) managed to hit a new PB.

Squats
Set 1: 60KG
Set 2: 100KG (Found this really tough)
Set 3: 150KG 8 reps (felt quite easy)
Set 4: 170KG Singles
Set 5: 170KG - 5 Reps - My intention was 2 with how I was feeling.

First time I've gone above 150KG since my last PB of 190KG which was exactly 1 year ago, pretty chuffed about it.

Last edited:
Associate
How long did the guys that did stronglifts or starting strength keep at it?

I started it just to regain strength and improve my squat but I feel I'm about at the limit for bench and deadlifts now

Associate
Totally serious question. How much does being constipated/having poo before a work out affect a person?

I've been constipated and my diet has been poor, so whilst feeling poo (no pun intended) managed to hit a new PB.

Squats
Set 1: 60KG
Set 2: 100KG (Found this really tough)
Set 3: 150KG 8 reps (felt quite easy)
Set 4: 170KG Singles
Set 5: 170KG - 5 Reps - My intention was 2 with how I was feeling.

First time I've gone above 150KG since my last PB of 190KG which was exactly 1 year ago, pretty chuffed about it.

None, are your constipated due to high protein high fat diet ? then guessing you just put on some muscle and a bit of fat

Soldato
as much as everyone likes arnold, his acting sucked, he got away with it back then, but nowadays you actually need to be good at acting.

the new conan is the guy from a game of thrones, its a really good show, watch it.

He doesn't actually say much in GoT and some would say his best performance came right at the end! :D

Associate
Does anyone get lower back pumps from squatting? I got them today I think and they were so bad I had to abandon the deadlifts I was meant to be doing!

I'm pretty sure they were nothing more serious than pumps but Jesus I've not had them like that before.

Associate
Started a new routine but I'm wondering if it's too much? Revolves around 30 second rests. 2 exercises per body part (full body routine). 5 sets of 10.

Todays sesh went like this...

Shoulders
Upright rows
Side raises

Back
Lat pulldown
Db rows

Legs
Squat
Stiff leg deads

Chest
Machine press (couldn't get a bench at this point :mad: )
Machine flys

Arms
Straight bb curls
Cable pushdown/extensions

The whole lot took just over an hour. Maybe 70 mins. Thinking of cutting it down to 4x10 to get it under the hour mark. I'll be doing this every other day for the next few weeks.

30 secs rest is killer. Really have to drop the weight down to get through the sets.

Soldato
Started a new routine but I'm wondering if it's too much? Revolves around 30 second rests. 2 exercises per body part (full body routine). 5 sets of 10.

Interesting routine, see how your body copes and then consider dropping the sets? I imagine your weights have dropped a fair bit doing such a routine.

Also I'm assuming this is done 3x a week max.

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Seen a few people at gym wearing big belts around their stomachs. They're all pretty heavy / fat. What purpose does this belt serve. Does it just tuck their stomache in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom