*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read the leangains website and tried Intermittent Fasting?

I've been reading it for a hour now and it looks great. Basically eating all your calories and macros within a 8 hour window as soon then don't eat anything for the next 16 hours. Then repeat.

It doesn't seem like a scam or anything like that and doing a bit of research it seems quite efficient in gaining lean muscle and cutting fat which is exactly what I want to do and a lot of other people will want to do.

So has anyone tried this or is doing it right now? Would love some opinions and real life statistics!

Think I'll be giving it a miss today. Just had the pleasure of shifting 80 giant ass concrete slabs through to our garden from next door. Broke the trolley getting it out of the garage so had to do them by hand, one at a time! Believed I was Mariusz Pudzianowski every step of the way:D

Got me thinking though, I'd actually love to try some proper strongman training. Will have to keep an eye out for anything going on in my area.

Hi guys (And Gals? :eek:)

Some videos for you to criticise...Primary issues I can note on my Deadlift are my head angle? Should be more pararelel to my spine presumably so i'm not looking up...And then general form, trying to keep my legs and back as one fluid motion, currently they seem, seperate? :o

Deadlift - 70KG @ 82.5KG~

Deadlift - 80KG (PB!!!! :D) @ 82.5KG~

And a BOR for fun....20KG

Be nasty ;)

Bent over row is a bit wrong mate

Bend over a bit more. And you're wanting to pulling the bar in to your lower stomach, then lower the bar until your arms are stretched out. Rinse and repeat. Also in your video your back is moving with the weight. Only bit that should be moving is your arms :)

Deadlift looks ok to me mate :)

Well done for posting videos and looking to get advice. Far too many people are too proud or stupid to ask for advice and end up never doing it right

Last edited:
But the key thing is your bending with your hips which is great. As too many people don't do this and it means there back is in the wrong position and too much strain on the lower back is brought into play

Hi guys (And Gals? :eek:)

Some videos for you to criticise...Primary issues I can note on my Deadlift are my head angle? Should be more pararelel to my spine presumably so i'm not looking up...And then general form, trying to keep my legs and back as one fluid motion, currently they seem, seperate? :o

Deadlift - 70KG @ 82.5KG~

Deadlift - 80KG (PB!!!! :D) @ 82.5KG~

And a BOR for fun....20KG

Be nasty ;)

Be nasty... ok ;)

Deads, good tbh, from that angle that you have given.

BOR - that is verging on comical :D
More a case of not using the right weight than anything else. If you can do what you were doing then its far too light. I bet a 40kg BB would sit in the right place and help you get better form.
I know that sounds odd, but sometimes too little weight is as bad as not enough weight :)

Be nasty... ok ;)

More a case of not using the right weight than anything else. If you can do what you were doing then its far too light. I bet a 40kg BB would sit in the right place and help you get better form.
I know that sounds odd, but sometimes too little weight is as bad as not enough weight :)

It feels so wrong warming up on deads and bb rows with not enough weight, I know exactly what you mean.

Has anyone read the leangains website and tried Intermittent Fasting?

I've been reading it for a hour now and it looks great. Basically eating all your calories and macros within a 8 hour window as soon then don't eat anything for the next 16 hours. Then repeat.

It doesn't seem like a scam or anything like that and doing a bit of research it seems quite efficient in gaining lean muscle and cutting fat which is exactly what I want to do and a lot of other people will want to do.

So has anyone tried this or is doing it right now? Would love some opinions and real life statistics!

the less hours the better tbh, i eat for 4 hours then fast for 20. the first day is the hardest, after 3 days you get used to it. by then end you struggle to eat at all, all my portions are a lot smaller now and i struggle to eat. so i find supplements help a lot.

the less hours the better tbh, i eat for 4 hours then fast for 20. the first day is the hardest, after 3 days you get used to it. by then end you struggle to eat at all, all my portions are a lot smaller now and i struggle to eat. so i find supplements help a lot.

But are you actually cutting your fat levels and gaining solid lean muscle at the same time? I'm trying to build up muscle but I don't want to put on a lot of fat which is what I'm scared of!

I'm not going to do this if it really slows down the rate at which you build muscle :p

But are you actually cutting your fat levels and gaining solid lean muscle at the same time? I'm trying to build up muscle but I don't want to put on a lot of fat which is what I'm scared of!

I'm not going to do this if it really slows down the rate at which you build muscle :p

i think its good for losing fat and maintaining muscle or maybe even growing slightly. if you want to grow, i dont think its the best diet out there. but for losing fat and maintaining, it's probably the best.

how about you bulk and then use IF to cut. gaining muscle naturally is a slow, long and hard process, i have been doing it for like 1 week, so i cant really tell, if my muscles are growing, they look the same. but in 1 week you wouldnt be able to notice. bodyfat has certainly dropped though, 3rd notch on belt now feels loose, before was tight. will be some time before i get to notch 4 though.

bare in mind im doing cardio 2 times a week and lifting 3 times a week now.

Be nasty... ok ;)

Thanks Morba :)

Really pleased to know my deads are okay...Would you advise I try and keep my head looking down slightley? Or my movement to be more like 'one' movement etc?

Hehee....I know, I thought that after posting it, but unless I hear it from people I won't change anything. I will make sure to bend over a bit more next time (;)) so I actualy use my back :rolleyes: Gotta learn I guess!

It feels so wrong warming up on deads and bb rows with not enough weight, I know exactly what you mean.

Hah! Indeed! Warming up on the bar at work on Deads is annoying, as there aren't any 'large' 10kg weights...So I have to prop the bar off the floor otherwise I end up bending head over heals to pick the thing up :o

The weekend has arrived and I'm off for a drunken weekend in London, so if I never post again it's because I've been left in a gutter dressed in a big pink baby grow ;)
I love you all!

Hmmm..I have a predicament guys!

I'm going away next Thursday....Morning at 2am...I normally do a three day split Mon/Weds/Fri....Shall I try and squeeze them all in at the begining of the week or just leave it next week? And carry on after

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom