*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
What have I been missing? :)

Ahhh nothing much, lots of pointless 'arguments'....So yeah same old really!

Also, my shoulder HURTS! God knows what I did monday, it was leg day monday!!!! I could understand if it was today or friday...

Will have to see how things go this evening, I have a new form to try out :(

Soldato
Who are you?

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to lifting. I decided to get myself two shake-weights and use these 6 times a day whilst standing on my head. This covers my arms and traps so I have one of those wrestler necks and can make women gush by just walking past them and raising an eyebrow. I don't need to train my legs as I already stand up and sit down from my desk around 20 times per day so they're pretty big already. My diet consists of mainly fig rolls which I've been told is the best source of protein available. I do get quite bad runs but we have to make sacrifices right?

Steedie doesn't like the way calluses feel when he touches himself.

:eek:

Delvis: Shoulder still causing you trouble?

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to lifting. I decided to get myself two shake-weights and use these 6 times a day whilst standing on my head. This covers my arms and traps so I have one of those wrestler necks and can make women gush by just walking past them and raising an eyebrow. I don't need to train my legs as I already stand up and sit down from my desk around 20 times per day so they're pretty big already. My diet consists of mainly fig rolls which I've been told is the best source of protein available. I do get quite bad runs but we have to make sacrifices right?

Sounds like you already know most the basics then, make sure you show us a picture of your abs in the "show us a picture" thread so we can guess how much weight you lift.

Soldato
Sounds like you already know most the basics then, make sure you show us a picture of your abs in the "show us a picture" thread so we can guess how much weight you lift.

*inserts grainy, 200x200pixel black & white photo of me stood under my bathroom light with my Tweenies briefs on*

Soldato
No where special! Just quite busy working two jobs and also lots to organise in my private life.

I still use IF, don't think I'll ever stop to be honest. Since my disappearance I've still been training regularly, perhaps not with as much enthusiam as before. It comes and goes with me and feels like it's back which is why I've popped in and said hello.

I've managed to stay looking fairly similar to before I left, in fact my shoulders are developing well and have kept my flexability. Strength, unsuprisingly decreased after finishing HST though I don't doubt with some structured training it'll come right back. At the moment I'm just using a 3 day split shoulders, legs, chest & back with the weekends off.

I've stayed reasonably lean & vascular despite practically nil CV other than on the Mrs. I have started playing squash again occasionally and did spend half an hour playing 2 touch with a colleague hoofing a football around an empty sports hall at work at the weekend. Also having the Mrs try to stuff caramel squares, M&M's and all other kids of poop in to my mouth to fatten me up doesn't help!

I'm due to move in October so will probably find I embark on some HST again when my home gym is all set up and things are a little less busy/stressful, most likely in the new year. If you've any questions that haven't been answered fire away.

Last edited:
Caporegime
No where special! Just quite busy working two jobs and also lots to organise in my private life.

I still use IF, don't think I'll ever stop to be honest. Since my disappearance I've still been training regularly, perhaps not with as much enthusiam as before. It comes and goes with me and feels like it's back which is why I've popped in and said hello.

I've managed to stay looking fairly similar to before I left, in fact my shoulders are developing well and have kept my flexability. Strength, unsuprisingly decreased after finishing HST though I don't doubt with some structured training it'll come right back. At the moment I'm just using a 3 day split shoulders, legs, chest & back with the weekends off.

I've stayed reasonably lean & vascular despite practically nil CV other than on the Mrs. I have started playing squash again occasionally and did spend half an hour playing 2 touch with a colleague hoofing a football around an empty sports hall at work at the weekend. Also having the Mrs try to stuff caramel squares, M&M's and all other kids of poop in to my mouth to fatten me up doesn't help!

I'm due to move in October so will probably find I embark on some HST again when my home gym is all set up and things are a little less busy/stressful, most likely in the new year. If you've any questions that haven't been answered fire away.

replied to your post about your home gym, take a look and ask any questions you have.

welcome back.

Soldato

Welcome back :D I'm gonna be starting my first HST cycle in a couple of weeks so any tips?

Soldato
Welcome back :D I'm gonna be starting my first HST cycle in a couple of weeks so any tips?

From memory take it easy through the 15's. As your 15RM is calculated on 1 set, the second set is the most tiring.

Rest lots, eat lots and prepare to feel pretty horrible. The 15's are the worst part imo but you do get a good pump.

It's also generally a DOM free experience.

Caporegime
Delvis: Shoulder still causing you trouble?

Hi Benny

HAH! Afraid so, it was okay-ish....But I guess I over did it somehow on Monday, need to figure out the best way to limber it up when there is a lot of shoulder stress (mainly backwards motion)

Ahhhhh well, chest today....Will see what agony this brings, I'll just keep the weights low :(

And welcome back :)

Soldato
Benny, are you back for good, or are you going to leave us again? :(

I can't fully embrace your return until I know, I can't afford to get hurt again :(

I'm just not in the 'that' place right now to commit, sorry babe.

I still use the forums etc I just don't have a great deal of spare time in the evenings due to working full & part time and generally being quite busy! If I get the opportunity at work I post casually throughout the day. Other than that I don't get a great deal of 'me' time at the moment.

Hi Benny

HAH! Afraid so, it was okay-ish....But I guess I over did it somehow on Monday, need to figure out the best way to limber it up when there is a lot of shoulder stress (mainly backwards motion)

Ahhhhh well, chest today....Will see what agony this brings, I'll just keep the weights low :(

And welcome back :)

Ta,

Are you able to OHP a barbell? keeping our elbows forward and under it, stepping under the bar once it passes the top of your head? I normally always do some OHP & rotator cuff exercises, both very light just to prime the joint. Has helped a lot, despite the fact I had minor tears in both rotator cuffs I don't get much if any jip from them any more. Unless it's a sudden movement like a backhand at squash which will cause it to sublux slightly as the backs of my shoulders like to slip out.

Soldato
just wondering but how much on average a day are you lot spending on food?

The past two weeks about £20 a day since I'm being overloaded with work and leave around 6am and rarely gets back before 6ish. Still maintaining my workout routine but eating is a bit difficult, hence living on sushi or other takeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom