*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Flexibility and mobility yes, stability and stiffness in the right places also.

People with injuries have loaded those tissues badly often thousands of times.

Man of Honour
Finally able to get back into the gym \o/

Decided to start HST again to give me some conditioning back. I've inched the weights up slightly from last time.

Squat 132.5kgx15x2
SLDL 122.5kgx15x2
Inc. DB press 32.5kgx15x2
Pull up bwx15x2
Dips 17.5kgx15x2
HC2PP 45kgx15x2
Calf raises somethingx15x2 - I'll do these tomorrow, going to use it as a warm up for some sprints

Felt so horrible and yet so good :) Still need some soft tissue work in my left pec, as it was lighting up when doing the db pressing.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
a nice quiet sunday morning with no one else in the weights room which made for a pleasent session.

Bent Over Barbell Row:
66 lb x 10 reps, 71.5 lb x 5 reps, 93.5 lb x 3 reps, 121 lb x 9 reps, 93.5 lb x 3 reps, 93.5 lb x 3 reps, 93.5 lb x 3 reps, 93.5 lb x 3 reps

Barbell Squat:
88 lb x 10 reps, 132 lb x 6 reps, 176 lb x 3 reps, 198 lb x 7 reps, 154 lb x 5 reps, 154 lb x 5 reps

Standing Barbell Shoulder Press:
77 lb x 10 reps, 99 lb x 5 reps, 121 lb x 3 reps, 143 lb x 2 reps, 121 lb x 3 reps, 121 lb x 3 reps, 121 lb x 3 reps, 121 lb x 3 reps

Associate
figured there might be a few people in my situation and looking for some advice.

Basically I'm working as a consultant, currently living in the arse end of nowhere with no access to the gym. Best I can do is a set of dumbbells and a pullup bar in terms of 'weights.' Playing for local rugby team, running, cycling, skipping as cardio.

Problem is im used to being close to a gym and feel as if im getting lots smaller fast! how do people make use of times like these? I'm used to pretty calculated 12week bursts of programmes and now this situation....I want to make use of this time.

Any structured bodyweight plans I could look up? Found some crossfit bodyweight stuff but I'm obviously quite limited and with 6 other lads in the same house I feel a **** if I'm doing that sort of stuff in the house when all of them are around!

Soldato
Not gonna be able to start HST today due to man flu :( Dont know whether i should do 5 sessions for the first block of 15s or just start next week.. Depends how i feel on wednesday i guess

Caporegime
Any structured bodyweight plans I could look up? Found some crossfit bodyweight stuff but I'm obviously quite limited and with 6 other lads in the same house I feel a **** if I'm doing that sort of stuff in the house when all of them are around!

Just look up some general body weight challenges :) Ones that increase in reps each time or something

Not gonna be able to start HST today due to man flu :( Dont know whether i should do 5 sessions for the first block of 15s or just start next week.. Depends how i feel on wednesday i guess

May as well not over-fatigue yourself, if you feel you cant do a decent session just rest to be honest...I did leg day last week with the end of a cold and nearly collapsed :p :o

Rest and then get straight on to it :)

ooooooooooooh leg day for me though!

Soldato
Bulking + Squats = tearing the seam of my short in the gym this morning! :o:D

They didn't rip too bad, but I was just finishing off the last set of Squats when I heard rrriiiiiipppp. Somewhat distracting, but I managed to finish the set. I have now gone from 77.5Kg in April to 86Kg now. Well on target for hitting 90+Kg by April next year, but it does mean my clothes are getting tight again. Time for some fat man clothes me thinks.

Soldato
I'm thinking about trying some Jack3d this week. They sell scoops in the gym so I am thinking about taking on then warming up for about 30 mins until it kicks in then I can start lifting.

Does that sound OK or should I be doing nothing after drinking it?

Man of Honour
I'm thinking about trying some Jack3d this week. They sell scoops in the gym so I am thinking about taking on then warming up for about 30 mins until it kicks in then I can start lifting.

Does that sound OK or should I be doing nothing after drinking it?
That should be fine, if I use a pre workout I normally take it just before I leave the house then have a 20min walk to the gym.

Soldato
If anyone has any 34" jeans with short arse legs that can fit a good sized pair of thighs in then send them my way :p

Burtons relaxed fit are about the only pairs that work for me, give em a try. They stretch/loosen a bit after first wash/wear so if they're a bit tight trying em on you'll probably be alright still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom