*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I used to wear Burtons but found even their short leg a bit long, I had found the perfect fit but they seem to have stopped being sold :(

Are you an oompa loompa or something? How can a short leg be too long? :p Wear the trousers around your hips!

Did legs tonight, jeeeeeeeeeeesus I've added exercises in and now they get a pounding!

Doing Squats, SLDL's, then basically leg extensions and reverse leg curls if that makes sense...

Oh and Calf raises :)

Silly me forgot my shoulders though :o

Man of Honour
When I call myself a short arse I'm not kidding :p I'm 5'7 and the same height as my 6' dad when I'm sat down so all my height or lack of it is in my top half and my legs are just stupidly short :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm thinking about trying some Jack3d this week. They sell scoops in the gym so I am thinking about taking on then warming up for about 30 mins until it kicks in then I can start lifting.

Does that sound OK or should I be doing nothing after drinking it?

Should be fine.

Read up on when your last meal before it should be as most require an hour or so gap between your last meal and consumption.

Soldato
Was at the docs this morning for the check up and seeing if they had my MRI results.

Seems I've lost 5kg in weight the past month. The doc seemed quite shocked about it.

Although I'm not, given I eat maybe twice a day at most lately.

I'll have my MRI report tomorrow morning I was told. Also afterwards I think I'll be taking the report and the copy of the scans to the College Physiology department to see what they think as well in regard to physio and what I can do next.

Soldato
Was feeling strong yesturday so decided for first time ever to see max weight i could do on flat bench

First did my normal working sets

60kg x12
85kg x8
87.5kg x8
90kg x7

Then put 100kg on and managed 2 reps, felt pretty good after :)

Man of Honour
Last nights HST, somehow forgot to do arnold press and CGBP, but I ran out of time anyway. It was basically a massive conditioning session.

Front Squat 60kgx15
Walking DB lunge 15kgx15 per leg
Deficit deadlift 135kgx15x2
Bench 77.5x15x2
1 arm DB row 30kgx15x2

Soldato
What are your other lifts XeNoN? We're all fans of big tree trunk legs rather than paving slab chests :p

Don't know my max for them, as like i said i never go for max weight lifts, but i squat 105kg for 3x8 and I don't deadlift anymore, but used to be doing about 115kg but that was a while ago now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom