*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
i think you would be better off copying something from the sticky than making up your own, theres so much wrong with the above, i dont know where to begin.

Yeah I realise that regime is ridiculous, not sure what I was thinking!

Monday - Chest and Arms
Tuesday - Legs
Thursday - Back
Friday - Shoulders and Traps

Legs and Back should be worked hard, so keep them on their own and really push them, everything else should fall into place.

you can do HIIT on sat or sun

That looks good, would have to move the Friday regime to Sat though as I mentioned I rarely train on Fri.

As for Monday, I'm not too sure what I would do, possibly:

Bench Press - 4-5 sets
Incline DB Press
Flat DB Flys
Close-grip Tri Press
Tri-Pull Down
Bi Curls
Hammer Curls

Perhaps mix the isolation stuff up week to week. Would that be suitable? Finally, what days would be appropriate to do mat work (sit-ups etc) as a bolt on?

Cheers

Soldato
Haven't worked out in 3 months. feelsbadman.jpg

Going to break myself back in with a simple 5 day full body jobby

MONDAY
Deadlift
Bench
Pullup

TUESDAY
Back Squat
Overhead Press
Calf Raise
Conditioning

WEDNESDAY
SLDL
Bench
Pullup

THURSDAY
Front Squat
Overhead Press
Calf Raise
Conditioning

FRIDAY
Deadlift
Bench
Pullup

dod

dod

Soldato
not posted much lately but still going at least three times a week. Got back about an hour ago and really feeling my back which is unusual, don't normally.

The real plus was the supper my wife had ready :D

Pork chop, 2 rashers of bacon, slice of black pudding, beans (and chips :p ) I have no idea on the calories, macros, fat content etc and neither do I care, lovely :D

Anyway, progress to date (8 months, ish(?)) is that despite not really significantly changing my diet I've lost about a stone, body fat is reduced, fam and friends are saying I've lost weight so there must be something working. :)

Soldato
Anyone recommend a good shoulders/'core' routine?
I'm going to try changing to a 4 day split for a bit, the reason is I never really fit in a good legs/shoulders combo on fridays before work. I'm gonna put legs on thursday and have friday for shoulders and ..... something. I currently do no direct ab/core work at all so I figure I could benefit from some of that?

Help me masters of gym rats!

FWIW I ended up with this....

Seated DB Press (I <3 this so much, but gonna look into barbell overhead soon. I do worry a bit about my thoracic spine mobility, I have epic 'sat at a pc all day' syndrome.
Lat Raise
Read Delt BB Row
Front Raise
Power Shrugs

Standing Cable Crunch
Leg Raises with a 3kg DB between my feet (I think I have heavy legs :p)
Planks

Felt about right and took me a good 40-45 mins which is just right to still get to work on time.

Man of Honour
If you search for "core training" and my user name I've posted some stuff up before.

Also, for me the king of shoulder exercises is doing hang clean to push presses.

Soldato
So i got my bodyfat and composition tested today using a bodymetrix ultrasound scanner. Basically he did a 7 point test in the usual places using the ultrasound instead of callipers.
Heres the results
2Ax8G.jpg
12% bodyfat. Not sure what i was expecting but it seems about right as i can see my top abs when i flex, good tricep definition and slight shoulder striations.

Also calculated my resting BMR as 1918cal/day.

LAST DAY OF 15s COMPLETE :D :D Finally they have been such torture!

Soldato
Nice result! :cool:

You see I'm around 15-16% according to the last measurement I had but you can see all 8 separations around the abs. :/ I guess I just carry my fat on my back and elsewhere :(

According to the measurements my hips had almost 8mm fat thickness compared to 5mm on my Axilla and 6mm on chest and tricep. Waist was somewhere in the middle so definitely seems to correlate with what the mirror and my pinch tests say.

Annoyingly my BMR being at 1918cal means i probably need to be eating more like 3300 calories to gain weight once i take into account moderate activity. Not good :o Time to drink an extra pint of milk a day :D

With one of my food meals replaced with another protein shake with milk my macros should look something like 3300cal/230p/130f/315carb

Last edited:
Caporegime
Delvis, buy peanuts. I just had a couple of small handfuls and then grabbed my scales to see how many were left... Ate just over 600cals worth of nuts. Oops :p

I like nuts...I can do nuts...

Where do you get your nuts from? I used to get cashews from H&B on a buy one get one free thing, but theres isn't one realllllly close to me...So, I want big bags, not these poor small packets that cost £4

Also, I thought I would post this here from another thread:

http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/the_thirdworld_squat

Quite frankly, and excellant read, and if you can't do it, work on it!

And a big also (for me)

New Deadlift PB: 102KG :) :D

Oh so glad, will be dropping the weight down and working on more reps / sets again for a few weeks, but so far it's working :)

Just need to get my squat good now

Soldato
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom