*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Everything depends on your physique I guess. Even if you have body fat you can still look lean, and it does depend if you already have the 'build'?

I mean, I'm quite a skinny guy and have no fat at all and instead of looking lean, I just look like an African on steroids.
Hopefully that will change after a few more months though.

Soldato
I don't know how you guys manage to eat the same foods over and over again!c My body just can't handle the same meal over and over again, I need fruit, veg, meat and everything else in between.

Found another food that doesn't do my digestion any favours - bread! I can eat it, but not more than once every 3 days or so.

Feeling even worse than I was earlier so am going to skip the gym tomorrow and hopefully try to recover over the weekend.

Soldato
Do you mean the same meals multiple times a day or the same set of meals every day? Theres no way i could eat the same thing more than once a day but i have no problem eating the same 3 meals daily

Associate
Started a ketogenic cut diet last week. Finally nailed down my macros. Its currently looking something like:

2200cals
250g protein
110g fat
25g carbs

Was really hard at first but now that I am in ketosis (well at least I think I am) I feel better than ever strangely enough.

Soldato
Even if I could mentally do it I really don't think I could physically hack it!

It's ingrained in my mind now that in 90% of cases i am eating for function not pleasure. Sure if it tastes good it's a bonus and i do enjoy cooking but we have to make our little sacrifices right?

Maybe it's a lack of variety in your day? Having just read your original post properly you mention fruit and veg. I have an apple and a banana every day, along with broccoli some days or tinned tomatoes. I don't get my 5 a day but i feel better now than i did just getting 1 day :o

Soldato
Started a ketogenic cut diet last week. Finally nailed down my macros. Its currently looking something like:

2200cals
250g protein
110g fat
25g carbs

Was really hard at first but now that I am in ketosis (well at least I think I am) I feel better than ever strangely enough.

What do you eat during a typical day for those macros? I'm sitting around 200g protein, 150g fat and 100g carbs. Mulling over the idea of dropping carbs further but not sure if I can justify the extra effort and cost that comes with it.

Associate
I'm following a guideline set by Dave Palumbo.

MEAL #1
5 whole omega-3 eggs + 4 normal egg whites(I use liquid)

MEAL #2
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1.5 tablespoon of All Natural Peanut butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil

MEAL #3
Lean Protein Meal: 8oz chicken with 1/2-cup cashew nuts (almonds, or walnuts) Sometimes replace this with a lean fish meal.

MEAL #4
SHAKE: 50g Whey Protein with 1 tablespoons of All Natural Peanut butter/ 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.

MEAL #5
"Fatty Protein Meal": 8oz Salmon or RED MEAT with a green salad with macedamia nut oil.

MEAL #6
SHAKE: 50g Whey with 1 tablespoon all natural peanut butter

Something like that, varies a little day to day.

With this diet the idea is to have no direct intake of carbs. Only indirect sources such as the little carbs in nuts and shakes etc.

Associate
^^^

Jesus.

I'm trying to get all the carbs I possibly can. So it's something like:

Breakfast: Wheatabix, Banana and a shake.
Dinner: Chicken pasta
Tea: 500g bag of chicken breast in say curry sauce with rice.

Finally another shake (if I trained that day).

I'm trying to maximise my calorie input because I have such a fast metabolism. It really is hard. I wish I was fat because it's easier to burn it off :p

Soldato
^^^

Jesus.

I'm trying to get all the carbs I possibly can. So it's something like:

Breakfast: Wheatabix, Banana and a shake.
Dinner: Chicken pasta
Tea: 500g bag of chicken breast in say curry sauce with rice.

Finally another shake (if I trained that day).

I'm trying to maximise my calorie input because I have such a fast metabolism. It really is hard. I wish I was fat because it's easier to burn it off :p

Eat more.

Man of Honour
Your metabolism is unlikely to be that "fast" the cases of hypo and hyper metabolism are fairly rare, the standard deviation for 90% of the population falls within the same metabolic rate.

You just think you have a fast metabolism because you're just not eating enough. Okay, I admit it could just be that you do genuinely have one, but I doubt it. :)

Soldato
I thought i had a super fast metabolism but it turned out i was eating like 50% of what i should have been just to maintain weight :eek: Eating lots soon turned that around!

My mate was the exact same. "I eat crap all day long and never put on weight". Asked him to tot it up, barely scraped 1500cals xD

It's said time and time again, if you're not putting on weight, WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING YOU EAT, and tot up the kcal count. You'll be shocked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom