*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I need to have a long, hard think about my diet. It all seems to be going out the window.

For 3 to 4 days of the week I don't have access to any cooking utensils or reheating facilities during the daytime and I can't digest too much bread so that rules out sandwiches.

So far, all I can think of is:

Breakfast: Muesli or oats
Mid-morning: Hemp shake and maybe some fruit
Lunch: ?? Chicken salad? Can't stand cold chicken but I may have to force myself
Snacks: nuts (although not everyday) or fruit if I don't have any with the morning shake
Dinner: No problem with this as I will be at home

Struggling to see where I can get some big calories for little effort there, I will have the occasional fry up (had 2 this week) but it leaves me so full/bloated (cheap canteen 'meat') that I only end up having 3 meals that day.

Diet needs: pretty much no milk, no whey, no bread, no other dairy products, minimal nuts and peanut butter. Lentils and beans perhaps, but to have them cold would be nasty.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah, I can handle breakfast and a shake being the same, dinner and lunch will have to differ.

I really can't stomach fish when cold, even in a salad, it just makes me retch. I could try, I guess, the other problem is the smell, if I'm in a library I don't think it'd be pleasant for others!

I would be willing to give eggs a go! :)

Man of Honour
What about some sort of small insulated bag with a couple of heated gel packs in? That might keep your food hot till lunch at least. It also may give you food poisoning, but you don't know until you try :D

Permabanned
Anyone care to spec me a diet? Got a budget of £30 (max) a week. Currently 6'3" @ 79kg. I'm wondering from thing to thing at the moment.

Associate
rest, stretch and light work only.
depends on how severe they are and what caused them though. HST recommends training even with light DOMS for example, but you shouldn't get severe ones doing it anyway.

Soldato
rest, stretch and light work only.
depends on how severe they are and what caused them though. HST recommends training even with light DOMS for example, but you shouldn't get severe ones doing it anyway.

I was doing my 10's on HST. Was weird, in the morning I was only light then after I was running around at work and rest, it was like all my muscles (mostly legs/glutes) all seized up :eek:.

Ah well! Atleast I know the muscles are getting worked. Ima do some complexes today for 'light' work.. Been enjoying the Cosgrove (with a slight variation)

VTR

VTR

Soldato
Need to get back into training again! At the start of the summer I started back, went from 12st7 to 13st10 in 3 months whilst dropping a load of bodyfat and lifts went up massively (had a load of free time, so was training weights 4 times a week, cardio and total gym cable workout 3 times a week and eating and resting all day. a lot of muscle memory helped, trained on and off for 9 years)

2 months of not training and eating crap and I'm back down to 12st10 and abs have all but gone! Time to get back into it :)

Soldato
Anyone care to spec me a diet? Got a budget of £30 (max) a week. Currently 6'3" @ 79kg. I'm wondering from thing to thing at the moment.

Breakfast: 150g muesli 25g whey 500ml milk
lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 3 rashers bacon, 2 large eggs
dinner: 250g beef mince/steak, 100g rice/pasta/sweet potato
evening: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 35g peanut butter, 500ml milk

snacks: 25-50g nuts
pwo shake: 50g whey
banana + apple

enjoy your gains :D

Caporegime

Thinking of getting this!

im not kidding when i say this, but isn't that a good forearm/wrist workout? or are the weights too small?

its obviously going to add zero muscle mass to the rest of the body, but i do think it may provide a good forearm/wrist workout.

still i would never buy one to try it out.

its ridiculous how it is being marketed as being better than dumbells lol.

Soldato
Breakfast: 150g muesli 25g whey 500ml milk
lunch: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 3 rashers bacon, 2 large eggs
dinner: 250g beef mince/steak, 100g rice/pasta/sweet potato
evening: 2 slices wholemeal bread, 35g peanut butter, 500ml milk

snacks: 25-50g nuts
pwo shake: 50g whey
banana + apple

enjoy your gains :D

Wish it was that easy for me. :(

/broken record!

Status