*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I need to go on a deficit, I've put on nearly 2st since giving up smoking in the summer. :x

congrats on the smoking, nasty habit, the money you save on cigarettes could easily pay for a decent gym membership.

i would suggest reading through this thread, as well as the sticky's as a starting point. sure its a lot of reading, but a lot has been discussed.

a good starting point for weight loss would also be "strong lifts 5 x 5" combined with HIIT

Soldato
Is there such a thing as 'too many shakes'.

Currently taking three a day now, with two heaped spoons in each

so that'll be roughly 130-150g from shakes each day, depending on quality of the protein & what you're mixing it with, the above is assuming water.

I have one shake in the morning (2 scoops, water), one after training (2 scoops, water). And one scoop w/ greek yoguhrt + milk before bed. None of them heaped though.

Better to get too much protein (in moderation) than not enough right :p

When taking diet seriously (slacking BIG time since about june) I probably get through about 250g+ of protein a day. It's suprisingly easy when you get into the routine :D

Caporegime
so that'll be roughly 130-150g from shakes each day, depending on quality of the protein & what you're mixing it with, the above is assuming water.

I have one shake in the morning (2 scoops, water), one after training (2 scoops, water). And one scoop w/ greek yoguhrt + milk before bed. None of them heaped though.

Better to get too much protein (in moderation) than not enough right :p

When taking diet seriously (slacking BIG time since about june) I probably get through about 250g+ of protein a day. It's suprisingly easy when you get into the routine :D

Can't complain, they are heaped spoonfulls so hey. Sometimes it's water and a dash of instant choco whey, sometimes it's with milk and water.

Oh and it's MP Whey

Soldato
I have 2 - 3 shakes a day (40g each shake), depends on how much I've had to eat and how much of it is good protein. 3 shakes a day this week as my lunch has been crappy sandwich wagon lunches :(

On the plus side, just bought two 400g tubs of crunchy peanut butter for 48p each from Morrisons :) Psycho Sonny is definitely right in saying buy the cheap stuff from supermarkets! =)

Last edited:
Soldato
I have 2 - 3 shakes a day (40g each shake), depends on how much I've had to eat and how much of it is good protein. 3 shakes a day this week as my lunch has been crappy sandwich wagon lunches :(

On the plus side, just bought two 400g tubs of crunchy peanut butter for 48p each from Morrisons :) Psycho Sonny is definitely right in saying buy the cheap stuff from supermarkets! =)

All I've been living on the past few weeks is Shakes and Chicken (Get 2kg bags from Heron). I dont think ive ever bulked up while training, always dieting to get rid of this stubborn fat from when I was 19st! :mad:

Soldato
Gotta bulk and get some underlying muscle mass before you can cut and get lean for my body shape. Wide hips and fat sits on my chest, so unless I've got some mass, I'll never look lean :)

Soldato
Feels quite refreshing posting in here. Always hid in the background reading instead of posting as I didn't know what to put etc. Always been interested in getting healthy and keeping in shape, so this has been a good read :D

Caporegime
Because you spend too much time on here posting and worrying instead of in the gym training or eating :D

I'm at work...I finish at 5 (4:30 today) then I go straight after...It's housed on site so takes 5 mins if that :o

Silly billy ;) I've been training practically none stop since August bar a week off in the middle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom