*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I might go to the gym tonight!!!! :eek:

If you're thinking of going to the school gym then the cable machines completely bust at the moment, last week it was just one side not working and now it's both. The whole place is slowly falling apart - but they've got a brand new gate at the front to stop cars getting in so that's ok then...

In better news for me I've started doing some light squats again, I'll probably leave deadlifts for a while longer though before restarting them.

Man of Honour
I used the pay as you gym service and went to a gym in Woolwich - not bad, just did a full body work out.

In pain already! :D :D

Will be going to school gym tomorrow, but will be doing deads and squats so not bothered about cable machine. IT's **** isn't it? Spend a fortune on a gate and can't maintain the ****ing equipment. Looking forward to cancelling my membership!

Man of Honour
I think it was called Fitspace - by the Lidl. Was rammed until about 730 then it emptied out. A lot of the equipment (weights) have seen better days, but there's lots of kit. I've been staying in Charlton the past 6 weeks and whilst my gym is in Dulwich - it's not that convenient. There's a gym around Greenwich/Lewisham called Lucky's gym which looks like a great "gym rat" gym - so will check that out too.

Soldato
Haven't deadlifted for a while, been doing SLDs instead, but decided to start again last night. :( You lose strength so easily. I've pulled 190kg cleanly before but last night I could only do 150kg x 3. Gonna have to build it all back up

Soldato
Haven't deadlifted for a while, been doing SLDs instead, but decided to start again last night. :( You lose strength so easily. I've pulled 190kg cleanly before but last night I could only do 150kg x 3. Gonna have to build it all back up

I find it the opposite, I've lost 11lb, and can still DL the same weight as before, my other lifts have dropped a fair whack (upto 10%~) though.

Soldato

I find it the opposite, I've lost 11lb, and can still DL the same weight as before, my other lifts have dropped a fair whack (upto 10%~) though.

Soldato
Well, despite being in a calorie deficit (1000-1500 (Low, I know!)), I had a good weights session! On my 10's portion of HST and don't seem to have lost any strength, actually gained some since last session! Can't wait for this diet to be over haha.

Only bad thing is recovery takes a little extra time :(

Caporegime
Back from chest day :o

That was different, felt the pec activation on bench press but flys were just meh.

Will see how i'm complaining tomorrow morning...then it's back day tomorrow as i'm elsewhere no Friday

Soldato
Back from chest day :o

That was different, felt the pec activation on bench press but flys were just meh.

Will see how i'm complaining tomorrow morning...then it's back day tomorrow as i'm elsewhere no Friday

Flys were meh????

Have you tried doing them with your arms fully stretched out? Like -> http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/DBFly.html

Do that and tell me you can't feel your chest being worked and I will eat a 7.5kg DB!

Soldato
Mannnnn i love cable flys :D Think i'm gonna change and do 2 sets of them next HST cycle cos they make my chest blow up like mad.
2x10x72.5kg squat
2x10x72.5kg sldl
2x10x60kg bench :) asked a guy to spot me on 2nd set of this but i managed all the reps just

one of the 20kg dumbells was missing so i had to do a 3rd week at 17.5kg shoulder press instead of moving up :mad: not that i can manage 2x10 with 20kg :p

such a massive pump right now feeling awesome. :D

Associate

I'm quite the opposite, I don't feel like I'm working my pecs on the bench but I do on fly's. My triceps seem to die out before I feel like I've worked my pecs. - I don't know why that is.

Thank god for cable fly's! I can't do dumbbell flies because a tendon (or something like that) keeps clicking in my right shoulder and causing terrible pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom