*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
If you're making gains on a particualr routine, milk the crap out of it until you hit a complete plateau.

So many people workout without changing a thing and make no gains, and won't change up. Don't be one of those people.

I've made consistent gains in size/strength (from about april > august) doing PHAT

Monday - Upper body power (Low reps/sets)
Wednesday - Back/Shoulders (Most painful workout ever)
Friday - Chest/Arms

(As previously said in the thread somewhere I've an ongoing left hamstring problem, another month and I can hammer them up again!)

Having come off of ephi and paying more attention to diet again, I'm going to be running this until the very last scrap of gains are to be made! :D

Caporegime
If you're making gains on a particualr routine, milk the crap out of it until you hit a complete plateau.

So many people workout without changing a thing and make no gains, and won't change up. Don't be one of those people.

I've made consistent gains in size/strength (from about april > august) doing PHAT

Monday - Upper body power (Low reps/sets)
Wednesday - Back/Shoulders (Most painful workout ever)
Friday - Chest/Arms

(As previously said in the thread somewhere I've an ongoing left hamstring problem, another month and I can hammer them up again!)

Having come off of ephi and paying more attention to diet again, I'm going to be running this until the very last scrap of gains are to be made! :D

Well, i'm going to keep going for a while, and see what happens. Iguess i'm just wanting to see more changes than I am currently witnessing

Soldato
6 weeks back in at the gym and I can really notice a difference.

2 or 3 fullbody workouts and I am regaining my size after a long lay off.

typical routine

monday:

squats \ clean+press \ weighted dips \ pullups \ seated rows \ calf raises \ skullcrushers \ bb Curl

weds:

pullups \ tbar row \ deadlifts \ weighted dips \ clean+ press \ skulls \ preacher curls \ calf raises.

I am now lifting more on deadlifts and almost PB squats are just a few weeks back :)

chest is feeling great with just weighted dips and no benching.

Man of Honour
Decided to stick with HST, despite my body's many complaints! Still struggling with the tail end of the flu, seems to have completely sapped my conditioning. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the whole lot now though, strength was only slightly down from usual. Very keen to get onto some heavy stuff soon, not been near even a 3RM in almost 6 months! PBs soon :)

Permabanned
Went to the gym a total of 4 times in October, pathetic, been to the gym today, strength has gone and cardio level is not changed, going to hit the gym hard this month.

What do you guys make of this?

http://www.charlespoliquin.com/Arti...The_(Many)_Negatives_of_Aerobic_Training.aspx ("The (Many) Negatives of Aerobic Training")

I'm on the side of "he has a huge bias" and "he's talking about over-doing it." but he seems to raise some valid points.

meh, everything has positives/downsizes these days.

I like playing football and cycling, fact is you cant be perfect in what you do, just enjoy it and if keeps you fit and helps you stay healthy keep doing it, if it doesn't, change!

Last edited:
Soldato
Started doing HIIT after a work out, and complexes and HIIT on my rest days now to strip down the excess fat I've built up QUICKLY. Hoping I won't have to do this for more than a month.

Leaning out my diet, and eating less food.
Breakfast:
40g protein shake
3 eggs

Lunch:
2 chicken breasts
2 rashers bacon
125g rice

Post-workout:
40g protein shake

Dinner:
2 chicken breasts
2 rashers bacon
125g rice

Pre-bed:
40g protein shake

Reckon that sounds alright, combined with the extra cardio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom