*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Maybe, could have just been a one off and you tweaked something by accident, it happens. Or you just slept on it funny one night.

I'm on legs today after a week off, will see how things go :)

Man of Honour
Dunno i'll work it out today on my warm up sets. I think it's probably slightly too high so it rests above my traps rather than on them. Which hasn't been a problem with lower weights but i think it's going consistently heavy that's the problem.

I don't shrug
Take a video so we can have a look.
Deadlift form is coming along nicely. 170kg last session hopefully 180kg - 190kg this week.
Nice work mate.

Tried a quick session on saturday to see how I was doing post-flu, answer turned out to be pretty ****ed! I'm going to see how it goes today, but it looks like this HST cycle might have to be cut short just shy of the 5 rep phase.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Did a strength orientated chest session today. On the flat bench press I held the bar 1cm from my chest for 3 seconds each rep. It felt really good but I tired quite quickly this way. Noteworthy lifts in this fashion were 120kg x 3 followed by 130kg x 2.

Caporegime
Tough session for me tonight. Squatted 175K for 5x5, which completely ****ed me, then worked my way up to a 142K bench for 3 reps (was meant to be 5) and finished by working up to 105K for 4 reps on Pendlay rows. Need to increase my calories.

Basically you're doing a pigeon dance? :p

pigeon_santa.gif
:mad:

Soldato
Average session. Didn't get much of a pump and just wasn't feeling it.

82.5kg squats
82.5kg DLs
67.5kg bench
BW+5kg pullups

Focussed on keeping my shoulders pinched together on squats and having it slightly lower down on my back, felt fine. Could do with better shoulder mobility though. Will see how my neck feels tomorrow.

Oh and.. groce whey problem sorted :p

img1120p.jpg

Associate
Isn't that basically how most of these stupid workout gadget before/after pics come from? Take someone with decent levels of muscle mass, let them get a bit tubby, then have them cut it all off again.

Soldato
The thing he's missing is how much higher his metabolism will be than his real life counterpart. He's got quite a lot of muscle on him, proper fatty's will have probably 20lbs less at least.

I've seen it mentioned all over the web though so he's getting some exposure out of it at least!

Associate
I'm a newbie and I have a couple of questions which I hope someone can give me advice on.

I've been consistently going to the gym for just over a month now and I'm feeling good. I've been following a basic full body programme 3 times a week which is very similar to Stronglifts 5x5.

Workout A (3X5)
Squat
Overhead press
Pendlay row

Workout B (3X5)
Squat
Bench press
Deadlift

I've been alternating between those two workouts and the weights are increasing all the time. However, I can't help but feel that I'm not really doing much. Is there anything I should add? I'm thinking about adding push ups, pull ups and chin ups.

What is your opinion on doing the pendlay row instead of the bent-over barbell row?

Should I continue doing 3x5 with the deadlift or do just 1x5 with heavier weight?

P.S) My goal is to gain strength and size (currently 10.8st @ 6'1)

keep everything the same , but I would add body weight wide grip pull ups to the end only on Friday , 3 x failure , don't do chins arms get plenty work rowing

Soldato
I've just started new work schedule, so changed routine around it. Gone back to push/pull days at 5x4 at max weight (On a cut, so want to maintain strength while I lose fat)

A:pUSH
Squats
BB Bench Press
Overhead Press
Standing Calf Raises
Tricep extension

B:pULL
Dead Lift
Pull ups
Bent over Row
Power Clean
Upright Row

and then finish off with cosgrove complexes (literally finish me off, on the floor lol). I've only got free weights, so hopefully that will be enough while on a cut. I've tried to get all the major compound lifts in, with a few extra's.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I don't doubt there is some massaging of the truth... but... why why why would you do that? :/

H'e's proving a point. :) I've book marked it anyway, as it'll make for an interesting read imo.
EDIT: To elaborate... how many times have you heard the excuse "Well you've never been fat so you don't know what it's like" or similar? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom