*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Aye no cable machine, otherwise i'd be HENCH! by now

I used to do DB rows, but do BOR's instead as they seem to hit my back mroe on a whole...I never get a decent dom in my lats though

Doms don't necessarily mean anything though. I havn't had them in my lats for weeks but they have definitely been growing. Infact that's one of the areas i've seen biggest improvements in recently.

edit: cant you do pullups on the rack? or is it one of those ones thats just side supports

Caporegime
Doms don't necessarily mean anything though. I havn't had them in my lats for weeks but they have definitely been growing. Infact that's one of the areas i've seen biggest improvements in recently.

edit: cant you do pullups on the rack? or is it one of those ones thats just side supports

Fair point

Yeah just side supports...I have a pull-up thing at home. But by the time I've done a session, driven home, i'm knackered :p

Permabanned
Just started to go gym 2 weeks ago.

what do you guys think of my routine that i have been instructed to do, im a begginner so give us some constructive criticism if needed.

Monday
25 Minutes Crosstrainer running
half hour weights, working on lats, chest, and using weights.

Wednesday
1 hour of weight lifting, this includes chest workout, lat workout, and dumbell sets again.

Friday

Soldato

what do you guys think of my routine that i have been instructed to do, im a begginner so give us some constructive criticism if needed.

Monday

Wednesday
1 hour of weight lifting, this includes chest workout, lat workout, and dumbell sets again.

Friday

Might want to get a new Instructor.. What are your goals? Also, get in some compound lift as this will work a lot of muscles at once and is good at building a good base to work from :)

You could also look at Stronglifts for beginners and its a good program to work from.

J.T

J.T

Soldato
Some random new gym member was having a PT session last night and fainted...twice.

When the PT asked if he had any medical conditions or could think of any reason why he may have fainted he replied "Well I haven’t eaten anything in the last 7 hours".... :rolleyes:

Soldato
Running is not working your legs mate :)

Read the sticky in this thread, that will get you started. By not reading up on this before you start, you're only delaying your gains :)

Caporegime
Pause your BORs at the top for a couple of seconds

I do normally, will try again tonight

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

Please, for the love of good, do NOT just work your chest, you will screw yourself up, hunch yourself over, and end up with more problems than you have now. Believe me.

You need to work your back as well as the chest, as well as your shoulders. Again, running 'works your legs' but not properly, get some squats in.

As well as shoulders, make sure you work your shoulders up as well, otherwise you'll screw yourself up on the chest workouts.

Soldato

Monday

Wednesday

Friday

Train until you puke
Eat like a king
Sleep like a baby

:D

Soldato
Just had a DSE assessment at work, I've now had my seating posture corrected so I can hopefully begin to sort out my horrible sagging shoulder posture! Just got to sort something out at home, as playing a meter away from the TV, sat on a little table/stool on the xbox all night won't be helping either!

Soldato
Weighed in at a lowly 83.6kg this morning. Takes me to nearly 50kg total lost, started at 133.something some 18 months ago. Feels good, but at the same time fitting into medium shirts makes me feel like a skinny phaggot and it's only made me realise I've probably got another 5-10kg to go :/.

Monkee RE: Shoulder posture. Everytime I go to the toilet at work, I do some scapular wall slides and whenever I play pool (yes we have a proper table at work :D) I do some shoulder mobility stuff with the cue, it's really helped :). Thoracic spine needs some work though.

Soldato
Weighed in at a lowly 83.6kg this morning. Takes me to nearly 50kg total lost, started at 133.something some 18 months ago. Feels good, but at the same time fitting into medium shirts makes me feel like a skinny phaggot and it's only made me realise I've probably got another 5-10kg to go :/.

Thanks for the insult :D

Caporegime
Monkee RE: Shoulder posture. Everytime I go to the toilet at work, I do some scapular wall slides and whenever I play pool (yes we have a proper table at work :D) I do some shoulder mobility stuff with the cue, it's really helped :). Thoracic spine needs some work though.

Is that when you stand against the wall and raise your arms up and down by the side of your head?

Man of Honour
YES!

Also, sorting out some posture issues is as simple as...sorting out your posture issues. As in, literally just sit or stand properly and be concious of it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom