*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Good effort. :p

You often find that big guys (rugby players, powerlifters etc) are quicker on an erg over short distances than proper rowers. As you said, don't expect to beat them over distance, or in a real boat.:D
I really don't :o;)

He wants to get me on the river at some point, but I'm fairly convinced this is just to see me fall in.

I'll probably have a few more goes with it and see how low I can get it, I'm thinking 37-38 seconds would be a sensible goal.

Man of Honour
Pfft, you just posted that, could have taken a picture then!

PFFT!

PFFFFFFFFFFFT!

He needs to get his best side daaahling. ;)

I've recently started a new placement and between that plus exams coming up the gym going has not been good at the moment, once I'm done with the exams I should be able to get back to the gym again regularly even if it's pretty late when I go. On a positive note I've been doing a bit more running recently and quite enjoying that.

Soldato
From your last pictures you're far from skinny!

Unless this is secretly your goal...to finally fit into those skinny jeans...

:mad:

I wore a pair of jeans today i haven't worn in probably 2 months now as they are my 'going out' pair i bought in like july, they barely fit :o They weren't cheap either :mad: Time to stop training legs yo!

Associate
If he wants skinny jeans he just has to buy the regular ones with his actual waist size. :D
I remember seeing FF over a year ago - I actually saw his arms first and then I saw him afterwards - not many many people with 18"+ arms at a graduation reception. :)

yes, formal shirts are sad. even the bloody slim fit ones are huge around the mid section.
I'll grab all my shirts when I go home for Christmas and get them all adjusted at the waist for a very modest fee. I've had 2 done before- they actually look quite nice.

Last edited:
Soldato
That is one reason I'm happy I'm no longer really a gamer, if I was still playing CSS at the level I used to I'd never make the gym :D

It's not as bad as it sounds. Played from 1800-2000 then went straight to the gym last night for chest and tri's. Trying a new programme I found in one of my brothers hardcore lifter magazines. Something called FST-7.

Either at the start or the end of your workout, said set is repeated 7 times. Then in general it's sets of 3/4 with 8-10 reps moving onto 10-15 in week 3-4.

Seems to be working well so far after 2 weeks in, although it's far too early to tell what it has actually done physically. We shall see around xmas time before I fly away to 'The Beach'.

Man of Honour
It's not as bad as it sounds. Played from 1800-2000 then went straight to the gym last night for chest and tri's. Trying a new programme I found in one of my brothers hardcore lifter magazines. Something called FST-7.

Either at the start or the end of your workout, said set is repeated 7 times. Then in general it's sets of 3/4 with 8-10 reps moving onto 10-15 in week 3-4.

Seems to be working well so far after 2 weeks in, although it's far too early to tell what it has actually done physically. We shall see around xmas time before I fly away to 'The Beach'.

IIRC BennyC tried it out a while ago on some body parts he felt were lacking and got some good results.

Chest tonight :)

Started hammering the Tris as well, oooh yeah

I love hammering my tris, hate doing bicep work but love getting a serious pump on in my tris :cool:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Last A session on 15s tonight, looking forward to being destroyed. This is what I have lined up. Shocking how close my bench and squat are weight wise.

Bench Press - 90 x 15 x 2
Squat - 95 x 15 x 2
Rows - 45 x 15 x 2
Seated DB Shoulder Press - 27.5 x 15 x 2
Seated Calf Raise - 48 x 15 x 2
DB Concentration Curl - 15 x 15 x 2
Cable Push Down - 35 x 15 x 2

Soldato
That is mental mate, you've gotta push your legs more! :D truly remarkable bench though, I seem to remember you're not particularly heavy either? Must be well over your bodyweight?

Man of Honour
If he wants skinny jeans he just has to buy the regular ones with his actual waist size. :D
I remember seeing FF over a year ago - I actually saw his arms first and then I saw him afterwards - not many many people with 18"+ arms at a graduation reception. :)

yes, formal shirts are sad. even the bloody slim fit ones are huge around the mid section.
I'll grab all my shirts when I go home for Christmas and get them all adjusted at the waist for a very modest fee. I've had 2 done before- they actually look quite nice.

LOL! It was so funny being approached by someone randomly in Essex - are you from OcUK?! lol!

You make me sound like a bicep monkeh though! :( ;)

I still think I look powerful, and do still have a lot of strength, I just haven't got the full on bulk I did before. :)

Soldato
I love hammering my tris, hate doing bicep work but love getting a serious pump on in my tris :cool:

I used to prefer tris more but recently i've been getting mad bicep pumps from doing super slow negatives on BB curls. Bit of momentum up on the last couple of reps and slow down, whole body shaking with pain :D

Soldato
I must admit, one of the many things that keeps me motivated is compliments from people you work with, or live with etc. It might sound like i'm big headed, but i use it as fuel to keep myself going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom