*** The 2011 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Thing is you probably see yourself in the mirror a lot, so any change will not be noticeable. I've fallen into this trap where I can't see any change, but it's there.

Caporegime
Thing is you probably see yourself in the mirror a lot, so any change will not be noticeable. I've fallen into this trap where I can't see any change, but it's there.

True. But because i'm so pedantic I can notice things luckily :p

For instance my pecs are changing, lats have come out a little (but this could be pose posture)

I'm taking pictures soon and comparing to a few months ago, so i'll see how things are going. Not majorly well, but it's slow progress

Caporegime
Get strong, and size will come with it. It's much easier to get bigger once stronger, than it is stronger once bigger.

And blah blah "it's possible to train for mass and not strength, and also possible to train for strength and not mass" yes, but end of day - you need to lift weight before you can do either.

Concentrate on doing it properly, and increasing the weight that you can lift properly. :)

In short, stop worrying what you look like, and get lifting dammit! :p

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I've always lifted heavy and not really done much mass specific training, and I'd like to think I have decent mass. I started off a skinny guy though, so not sure if I'd be doing strength training as much if I was carrying more fat. Always good in my opinion to strip back the fat and start with a good lean base :)

Soldato
I've always lifted heavy and not really done much mass specific training, and I'd like to think I have decent mass. I started off a skinny guy though, so not sure if I'd be doing strength training as much if I was carrying more fat. Always good in my opinion to strip back the fat and start with a good lean base :)

Doing that in the new year looking forward to it a lot

Caporegime

I'm skinny but have fat bits...it's annoying.

Caporegime
I'm doing to complete opposite at the moment. I've gained a lot of fat recently (quit smoking just over 3 months ago) but I'm not bothered as it's slowly dropping off again. Meanwhile my strength gains are going good. New PBs on everything except bench within the last month :) Bench I'm off at the moment due to shoulder problems.

Soldato
Loose 2st and a lot of your strength... THEN you can start whinging! :p

Don't worry, can easily put that weight back on in the Christmas Period :cool:. I rarely go on what the scales say; I used to always in the past though, but ended up a really bad 'skinny' fat (Looked skinny, but still had the flab :p). So now I go on how I look and how loose my clothes are.. Saying that, im still to get rid of this fat around my stomach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom