*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Superset your BB front raises with your squats, they're completely different muscle groups as well as raises not being a big complex so shouldn't really affect recovery/fatigue :)

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
On the RDL, you should go as low as you can while keeping your back straight. As soon as you think it's going to go return back. Remember not to keep your knees locked.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Looks good FF :)
Here is what I have tonight.

Deadlift
Warm up (40%, 50%, 60%) - 75x5, 95x5, 112.5x3
Working Set (70%, 80%, 90%) - 132.5x3, 150x3, 170x3+ (should hit 8 reps on the last set)
Chins (4x10)
DB Rows (5x10)

Soldato
Tonight's session - although I had about 4hrs sleep :(

Will be:

Box Squats
Split Squats
Cable pull throughs
BB rolls outs
DB Bicep Curls
Hammer Curls
BB Bicep Curls
Preacher Curls
Wrist Curls
Curly Curls

Why the crap sleep?

I've always wondered as to the benefits of a box squat, what's the deal with them?

Caporegime
Superset your BB front raises with your squats, they're completely different muscle groups as well as raises not being a big complex so shouldn't really affect recovery/fatigue :)

Hmmm very true! Would make sense so thanks :)

I thought I was going to die during my reverse lunges so shant be putting them there thats for sure :p

On the RDL, you should go as low as you can while keeping your back straight. As soon as you think it's going to go return back. Remember not to keep your knees locked.

Okay cool, it doesn't help that the plates are small, once I'm on 40kg I was use the 20kg plates so that should help...As you say, currently trying not to arch the lower back and trying to keep everything tight.

When you say to not keep your knees locked? You mean straight presumably? How does that work? ie try and keep the knees relaxed but the legs straight?

Thanks guys

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Hmmm very true! Would make sense so thanks :)

I thought I was going to die during my reverse lunges so shant be putting them there thats for sure :p

Okay cool, it doesn't help that the plates are small, once I'm on 40kg I was use the 20kg plates so that should help...As you say, currently trying not to arch the lower back and trying to keep everything tight.

When you say to not keep your knees locked? You mean straight presumably? How does that work? ie try and keep the knees relaxed but the legs straight?

Thanks guys

All explained here by uncle rippetoe -
http://www.allthingsgym.com/2011/06/uncle-rippetoe-explains-romanian.html

Soldato
Really want to start cutting - but need to keep my bulking. I'm lucky that I've not put on much fat and muscle gains seem okay.

But really hard to not just want to reap what I've got now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom