*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Spinning then weights? You must be mad.
Guessing the weights are not the priority, as spinning will be detrimental to your lifting?

I did have a week off the gym, which was quite naughty..I think I was trying to make up for it. Never again though, will I do spinning and legs and shoulders on the same day though :o

With this awfully thought out work out, I think my weights were lower :(

Fortunately, I won't make that mistake again. Going to do Chest/Triceps on Friday and Back/Biceps on Saturday so I can have a few rest days as my entire lower body hurts.

Serves me right!

On another note, I'm not sure I like the look of Jay Cutler. I only want to get slightly bigger than I am now, but again, it's based upon opinion, and everyone wants something different from the gym.

Thanks,

David

Caporegime
Looking at your workout it should have been like this. I don't know your max so used 135.

(assuming this is week 3, from the reps structure)

Warm up
47.5 x 5
60 x 5
72.5 x 3

Working Sets
90 x 5
102.5 x 3
115 x 1+ (you would normally get between 6-8 here, as you try for as many as possible)

Boring but big squats
60 x 10 x 5

Nice, pretty much what I done execpt my warm up is completely wrong and I done deads instead of squats. Bench tonight, I assume wu is followed on the same path? And the 5*10 for bench after?

Any aux work or would that be it?

Soldato
Weighted dips :o Gonna take some serious effort to just stop the wobbling on normal ones haha

Bar should have been half a foot higher really, didn't exactly plan it i just got the drill out one night and went to town :D It will suffice though

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Nice, pretty much what I done execpt my warm up is completely wrong and I done deads instead of squats. Bench tonight, I assume wu is followed on the same path? And the 5*10 for bench after?

Any aux work or would that be it?

Warm is done as follows.
40% x5
50% x5
60% x3

BBB is done using the same exercise as the 531 you do that day.

I noticed on your + set you only did 2 reps? You should be going all out.

One accesory exercise after BBB is fine, followed by mobility.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
well after another week off thanks to being knocked for 6 with these meds i got back in the gym today and had a ok session, although i nearly hurled a barbell at some prats who thought the free weights room was for having a 20 min mothers meeting.

Elliptical Trainer:
0:10:00 || Moderate (+75 pts)
Barbell Bench Press:
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
60 kg x 8 reps (+73 pts)
Barbell Squat:
80 kg x 8 reps (+99 pts)
90 kg x 8 reps (+115 pts)
Barbell Deadlift:
100 kg x 8 reps (+133 pts)
100 kg x 8 reps (+133 pts)

roll on friday and hopefully 4x8 on the deads :D

Man of Honour
Had an okay shoulders and legs session. Didn't do any goblet squats because I was pretty spent after spinning class. Also, I feel better about doing a spinning class as I don't generally do any CV work!

Spinning group class - 45 mins.

BB Squats 80kgx5, 80kgx5, 90kgx5, 90kgx5, 100kgx5;

BB Calf Raises 80kgx5x5;

BB SLDLs 100kgx5x5 - mixed grip for 3 sets;

DB Step-up lunges 2x16kg for 5 sets and 5 reps each leg;

DB Shoulder press 2x16kgx8 for 3 sets;

DB side and front raises 2x8kgx8, 2x5kgx8, 2x5kgx8;

Plate pinch shrugs 2x10kgx8, 2x10kgx8, 2x10kg+2x5kgx8;

Would have liked to do the goblet squats, but it was also getting late and spinning class was a bit impromptu as my new training partner is looking to lose weight and trim down with CV work and some weight lifting work.

Cheers,

David
Why are you doing plate pinch shrugs?

Rings arrived :D

Simply combine with bright red 10kg oly bar and voila!
KEHg7.jpg

Ring dips are ****ing hard :o
Awesome.

Ring dips are fantastic. The shaking goes away once your muscles get used to stabilising. Try to relax, but with a braced core and hands externally rotated (wrists forwards) and pinned to your sides. Shoulders back too.

Try this and see if your shoulders explode:

From that height you could also work on some muscle up transitions and L-sits.

Nice Skill! :cool:

Love ring dips and chins etc... Weighted dips are hardcore on rings.

I want to work to doing a cross - I'm nearly there now.
The problem with almost being able to do an iron cross is that you are still nowhere near being able to do an iron cross :p

If you get it at your bodyweight you are basically some kind of French God.

Man of Honour
Indeed :(

It's something to strive towards - ideally I'd want to get as close to it with a controlled movement. I know I won't get it, but if I can get close to it before failing I'll be happy with that! Love ring work though.

Soldato
Sleep question, i struggle to fall asleep in the evenings and i am only getting 6 hours sleep a night.

I dont have any caffine if i can help it past 3 in the afternoon. I do feel tired and tend to head to bed between 9-10. It can then take me till 12 to fall asleep.

Most nights i do pop the telly or read a book/ipad on the net etc, but normally this is just to have something to take my mind of things and dooze off to. I generally tend to pop the TV on timer and then turn the screen off so there is just sound. This helps but often i am not in a deep enough sleep by the time it goes off and can wake easily again :(

Also i try and sleep on my back, but its much harder to fall asleep this way even though its more comfortable. Thoughts and own experiences welcome

Man of Honour
How late are you training? It could be endorphins keeping you up.

What are you eating and how late are you eating?

Don't watch tv, play on the phone or the computer before bed. Read a book.

I only sleep about 5hrs a night - but I'm used to it. It's not ideal for growth, I'd love to get another 3hrs, but my body just wakes up (usually my stomach - lol!).

Getting to bed at 10 is fine, but just be aware of anything you've done before then may be stimulating to the mind. You need to do let your mind switch off. You can try mediating for 10-15 mins or so - it took me a long time to learn to "switch off", especially with work and life stresses.

6hrs is a decent amount of sleep to be fair. It could just be that your body only needs 6hrs. Some nights, I don't bother going to sleep. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom