*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Good squatting SMed. Are those knee wraps? I can't really tell if that's high bar or low bar squat. Either way, do you shove your knees out?

Thanks, I'm gonna make sure to try and sink my next 1RM, not happy with the depth on these. They're knee sleeves, but they're made from wrap material. They give a little pop at the bottom maybe, but nothing like wraps do. I can walk around all day comfortably in these sleeves. It's low-bar, but not super low. I'm bad at remembering to shove my knees, I didn't actively do so here.

Soldato
M8 he hasn't listened to a word anyone has said he is hunting magic beans.

Altho currently so are you it seems lol
You have no idea lol! :D

The potential of this stuff is mind boggling. What is really puzzling me is the way they're marketing the product and the lack of real quality evidence at the moment. So much screams this is tosh but.....

There are over a dozen guys at my gym been using this for over 3 months and all absolutely swear by it. Also placebo effect is removed because two of them didn't just use it on themselves they used it on family who weren't aware. You don't need to be training to see the benefits of this.

I've ordered some and will try it out myself next week.

Man of Honour
The fat I carry is the super stubborn to shift kind.

Half genetic / half environmental.

Never been very successfull in the past trying to shift it and at the moment, I am not really reducing my carbs at all as I eat extra due to needing fuel for weight sessions.

Some dude in gym suggested I try a reduced card diet, but I asked him how do you get energy for lifting if you minimise your carbs, he said, it isnt a problem for him and that your body gets used to it after a few weeks.

Does it have any merit? I dont feel too clever eating an extra sandwich and chicken breast 3times a week before weights sessions.

Its been 1 month of swimming and weights and yes I have got stronger, yes I can see a little change in the top half of my body, but alsmost 0% shift in body fat!

Mayb be, do some kind of low carb diet generally, but on weight days eat carbs pre workout?
*sigh*

You've been told to drop the sandwich before you workout. You don't need extra fuel for your workouts, you were tiring before because you are completely untrained.

You aren't losing bf because you are doing the classic "oh I'm doing some physical activity so now I need to eat more".

Don't expect any progress with this kind of thinking.
M8 he hasn't listened to a word anyone has said he is hunting magic beans.
I'm inclined to agree.
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c...-8DF4-DC4BF867C8CD-17306-00001028DA4510ED.mp4

PB for MoNkeE today at our back workout, 150kg deadlift for 2 reps. Decent form too considering he's not been close to that before

I only managed 150kg for 3 as well, went for 170 but wasn't happening :(
Not enough weight.

Also, point those feet forward, straighten that back, get haircut.

Caporegime
Events today, good session.

Overhead medley:
50kg monster DB (2" thick handle)
60kg keg
90kg log
95kg apollon axle

3 runs with this, 3rd one I failed the axle which was stupid. I blame 'curse of the camera' as it was being filmed.

Loading medley (carry and load all from about 5m to platform)
60kg keg to 70"
90kg keg to 66"
100kg keg to 62"
120kg keg to 58"
95kg monster DB to 54"
90kg metal block to 54"

Wasn't fast, killer on the cardio, cOmpleted it though.

Monster Squats: 150kg on axle (scaffold pole), mixture of tyres and plates.
Reps in 75 secs, depth was making tyre touch a keg:
20 reps.

My knees are killing me, squats ending up almost being good mornings to hit depth lol

Man of Honour
Grip is one of those things that is eternally debated. If you just want to get the lift done then I can understand the use of straps. No issues there.

However grip strength is also a factor of overall strength imo. I find it amazing seeing people hold 300+ with their bare hands. It is to me a sign of phenomenal basic Neanderthal masculinity.

Permabanned
Grip is one of those things that is eternally debated. If you just want to get the lift done then I can understand the use of straps. No issues there.

However grip strength is also a factor of overall strength imo. I find it amazing seeing people hold 300+ with their bare hands. It is to me a sign of phenomenal basic Neanderthal masculinity.

aye but if you are like me and have skinny wrists prone to tendon strain, its just never going to happen, but that shouldnt stop me getting a back like a triceratops should it?

Permabanned
my right wrist is 18.2cm around :(so my bicep to wrist ratio is 18/44 more than 1/2, 4/10 i believe give or take

Edit, on the plus side my upper arm is nearly half a meter around thats nice to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom