*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
my only worry is so far not got enuff negatives i dont want to really influence anyone toward the juice, at least not till they are at a good level, very few on here id want to try it. But the point is to have an honest from the horses mouth blog what can i say

Associate
Is there such a thing? Seen some low ass squats fail and some quarter squats pass. Some of the WR lifts aren't even to depth :(

True, but that's usually the bigger boys where it's much harder to judge depth. I'd say mine are probably 1-2cm above parallel. I don't train squatting that high, but will often happen when I try to PB for reps, especially this heavy. I'll get it deep eventually.

Associate
Great work mate! I'm keen to see that video

They look pretty solid.

It's almost time for a little gymnastics for me again :)

Yep mate, surprisingly solid for the height of them!

my only worry is so far not got enuff negatives i dont want to really influence anyone toward the juice, at least not till they are at a good level, very few on here id want to try it. But the point is to have an honest from the horses mouth blog what can i say

Got a link? I remember reading about you talking about getting into the "pro supplements" a long time ago and would be interesting to hear your thoughts on it now after experiencing it for a while. No plans myself as I'm on enough prescribed medication to kill a bull and I'm nowhere near any genetic limits in any sense but more curiosity than anything else!

Caporegime

Oh I agree. While I'm 'new', I'm not completely daft ;)

I'm also aware that you have been training for a fair while, and done the cycle before.

Man of Honour
Third day of new routine:

SNIP

Feeling sore but feel great, both psychologically from shifting the weight, and for the endorphins... 5hrs after training. Love it.
Looks like a nice routine.

I've just done my first moderately high rep session in over a month, crazy endorphins!
Deficit Deadlifts (3 Plates)
100 x 5
115 x 5
130 x 5
145 x 5
160 x 5

Weighed myself this morning and I've somehow managed to lose 3/4s of a stone in the last 5 weeks. Calorie intake has been roughly the same, bar changing to sugar free orange squash, so I can only assume it's the reintroduction of lower body work that's kick started my metabolism :cool:
Are you sure you need a 3 plate deficit?

In my experience/opinion, you don't. You're just forcing your spine to start in a non-neutral position.
Is there such a thing? Seen some low ass squats fail and some quarter squats pass. Some of the WR lifts aren't even to depth :(
IPF squats are fairly consistent (if sometimes overly harsh), it's the stupid American feds that are famous for the small ROM squats.

It's the GBPF British Classics Powerlifting Championships on Sunday. Dom will be lifting in the 74kg junior class, and I'll try and give you guys some updates!

A mate of ours is also competing in the super heavies, and he should be putting up some huge numbers.

Man of Honour
Even so, that puts the bar at a max of 6" off the floor. If you can get your back neutral at that height, I want your flexibility!

You really don't need huge deficits to get the training effect.

Crazy strong lifting though, regardless!

Soldato
The fat I carry is the super stubborn to shift kind.

Half genetic / half environmental.

Never been very successfull in the past trying to shift it and at the moment, I am not really reducing my carbs at all as I eat extra due to needing fuel for weight sessions.

Some dude in gym suggested I try a reduced card diet, but I asked him how do you get energy for lifting if you minimise your carbs, he said, it isnt a problem for him and that your body gets used to it after a few weeks.

Does it have any merit? I dont feel too clever eating an extra sandwich and chicken breast 3times a week before weights sessions.

Its been 1 month of swimming and weights and yes I have got stronger, yes I can see a little change in the top half of my body, but alsmost 0% shift in body fat!

Mayb be, do some kind of low carb diet generally, but on weight days eat carbs pre workout?

Soldato
Update on the product I mentioned earlier. Sounds too good to be true and the marketing strategy they're using raises massive doubts. The only reason I'm even entertaining it at all are the personal recommendations. It works out at approx £2 per day but VAT was added to it yesterday as it launched in the UK so it's now more like £2.50.

If anything I heard is even remotely true then this isn't a supplement it's the bloody fountain of youth! I'm going to suck it and see I think, then and only then will I report on it. Simply because it's the only way. It's not a supplement, it's far beyond that..... or it's nothing at all....

The fat I carry is the super stubborn to shift kind.

Half genetic / half environmental.

Never been very successfull in the past trying to shift it and at the moment, I am not really reducing my carbs at all as I eat extra due to needing fuel for weight sessions.

Some dude in gym suggested I try a reduced card diet, but I asked him how do you get energy for lifting if you minimise your carbs, he said, it isnt a problem for him and that your body gets used to it after a few weeks.

Does it have any merit? I dont feel too clever eating an extra sandwich and chicken breast 3times a week before weights sessions.

Its been 1 month of swimming and weights and yes I have got stronger, yes I can see a little change in the top half of my body, but alsmost 0% shift in body fat!

Mayb be, do some kind of low carb diet generally, but on weight days eat carbs pre workout?
Make your mind up what you want.... it's really very, very simple

Last edited:
Permabanned
Or you could just lower your calories like has been suggested a million times already :rolleyes:

Lol, yep some people just try to dodge the issue. I find it hilarious that some people think "i wont diet its too hard ill work out instead' yet the same discipline required to diet is required to regularly work out and push yourself.

The reality is some folk are just to weak to control their own bodies, which is great means less folk walking round looking like me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom