*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
If you bounce and use straps I will track you down and slap you*. When is this happening?

More dirty paused deads today, destroyed to the point of lying down and people asking if I was ok :D Top set was 200x4 four count pause beltless. Groce.

* not entirely serious. Bounce and expect an internet slap though :mad:

Associate
Poo squats today, and no that's not a variation :).

Started my work up with a comfy 140kgx3, went for 147.5kg next and abandoned it after a rubbish first rep. I'm completely smoked from Wednesday, DOMS all over the place so fatigue struck me down unfairly :(.

Proper cycle starts on Monday, tis gonna suck :).

Permabanned
If you bounce and use straps I will track you down and slap you*. When is this happening?

More dirty paused deads today, destroyed to the point of lying down and people asking if I was ok :D Top set was 200x4 four count pause beltless. Groce.

* not entirely serious. Bounce and expect an internet slap though :mad:

i will be strapped but ive taken to pausing at bottom as i agree with the mentality of a deadlift being dead :)

Edit ive gone and checked and its 215kg so wont be so epic :( will be a week monday

Edit 2 205 for reps monday ill be looking for 10

Last edited:
Permabanned
yeah i gotta get over the 250 hump and start pushing at 300 so i can feel comfortable competing. Probs after this 531 ill do another set of maxes cos with the juice etc im expecting my progress to be a touch quicker ill be looking to pull a 270 soon and 280+ by chrimbo when im planning on coming off things will quieten down from me then till summer, was frightening to feel how easy my 170's went up the other day, was almost sweating it when prepping even tho i was going raw but it honestly felt like 100 even unstrapped coulda gone all day /feelingood

Last edited:

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
yeah i gotta get over the 250 hump and start pushing at 300 so i can feel comfortable competing. Probs after this 531 ill do another set of maxes cos with the juice etc im expecting my progress to be a touch quicker ill be looking to pull a 270 soon and 280+ by chrimbo when im planning on coming off things will quieten down from me then till summer, was frightening to feel how easy my 170's went up the other day, was almost sweating it when prepping even tho i was going raw but it honestly felt like 100 even unstrapped coulda gone all day /feelingood

250 should be doable easily :)

Associate
Squat:
60x5
100x5
130x2
150x1
160x3x2 (PB)

Bench:
50x5
60x5
70x3
80x1
80x5x2
85x2
90x1

160x3 squats were super comfy. Forgot to press record on the camera, so did another cheeky triple. Still easy.

Soldato
Had two people call my arms 'guns' last night, and got asked how long I'd be working out by a visiting engineer at work aswell. Mind=Blown, I might of lost doyouevenlift status (when clothed at least ;)).

After two weeks of cold induced crap training and diet, epic cba with gym etc but all of a sudden I have some new found enthusiasm :p.
Gonna go back to Stronglifts from Monday with the aim of finally posting something in the powerlifting table by Christmas :D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom