*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Love the vids!!!!

Shoulder work would kill me - but the rest would be fun. And Mark, doubt I'll be going back towards that weight! Kinda wish I had done it when I was in the 100s though that would have been fun! :D

Man of Honour
Yeah it's good your hand (thumb?) held out, pretty impressive considering. Form looks nice too, you've just got to watch slipping into more tiring positions as you fatigue.

FF for u105! Croissants and wine > oats and milk?

Man of Honour
I'd bet you'd give us a whoopin' on a few events despite what the numbers say!

I've been tempted by strongman for a while, but I figure that I need to actually do some of this powerlifting business first.

Caporegime
Yeah it's good your hand (thumb?) held out, pretty impressive considering. Form looks nice too, you've just got to watch slipping into more tiring positions as you fatigue.

FF for u105! Croissants and wine > oats and milk?

Yep, held well, though that bar wasn't gonna leave many people's hands without taking skin and blood with it. An inters bloke pulled right up his thighs rep after rep, great technique but damn he looked sore lol

Do you mean the point where I start to hitch? Or was it before that. Any help to keep me going for more is good! Being less tired is good lol

Permabanned
Awesome morba love it, im really up for one of these comps now looking at that id be competitive for sure. Just need to find a way to train the events some of that apperatus ive never used before.

Soldato
Great work Mark, and cool videos, any more to come?? Loved the deadlifts vid, used to have one of those bars with crazy sharp knurling at my uni gym, man i miss that bar.

Agree about starting a separate thread. FF had to point me back in here as i don't really keep up with this thread any more.

Man of Honour
Yep, held well, though that bar wasn't gonna leave many people's hands without taking skin and blood with it. An inters bloke pulled right up his thighs rep after rep, great technique but damn he looked sore lol

Do you mean the point where I start to hitch? Or was it before that. Any help to keep me going for more is good! Being less tired is good lol
It's just a case of keeping your hips down and the bar close to your body. It might not help, but I know I tired much faster when I slip into those faults.

Soldato
I'm doing a variant of 5x5 with a friend.

Current 5x5's i've passed this week:

Bench 60KG (Failed 62.5kg...damm)
Deadlift 80KG
OHP 40KG
Squat 75KG

I was impressed until I just wrote them down...ohhh :o

Caporegime
It's just a case of keeping your hips down and the bar close to your body. It might not help, but I know I tired much faster when I slip into those faults.

See, if I keep my hips down, I can't get my hams tight before lifting (on deadlift)

I have a recent video, was the final set, so its not the best thing in the world to show

Man of Honour
That was some very Morba-specific advice. They start of very solid and only drift when the fatigue starts to strike him down. Which is totally normal, I'm just pointing some things out to consider being concious of.

Caporegime
That was some very Morba-specific advice. They start of very solid and only drift when the fatigue starts to strike him down. Which is totally normal, I'm just pointing some things out to consider being concious of.

It's good to think of and remember.

It's easy to think that you rock up and do 5 events, a total of 5-7 mins work at a comp but you have to warm up for each event.
So warm ups for overhead medley then get warming up for deads for reps.
Easy for fatigue to kick in earlier than it would in the gym :)

It's all mental notes and things I can tell people to shout at me as I progress through each event, so verbal shouts next time will include your suggestions fella :D

Man of Honour
Only 3?!
It's good to think of and remember.

It's easy to think that you rock up and do 5 events, a total of 5-7 mins work at a comp but you have to warm up for each event.
So warm ups for overhead medley then get warming up for deads for reps.
Easy for fatigue to kick in earlier than it would in the gym :)

It's all mental notes and things I can tell people to shout at me as I progress through each event, so verbal shouts next time will include your suggestions fella :D
Fatigue is a cruel mistress.

The other side of the advice coin (that's a thing, right?) is to think about working those weaker positions in training, aka stiff leg deads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom