75x1x2
77.5x1
80x1 - Took everything I had to get it up when I got stuck half way
70x3x2

Kroc Rows
Pull/chin ups

Last edited:
Soldato
I presume your routines based on strength? :)

Yep :) I do my working set for the day (goes up every week) and then do a few singles and triples just to give that myself that extra push. I will eventually hit a new rep PB for 5's and then switch triples and aim for a rep PB on those too.

I add in the assistance as I enjoy doing them from when doing Wendler and they've really helped improve my strength.

Soldato
Woah..... just googled AllisonNYC

seal-of-approval.jpg

Soldato
So legs last night.
Leg extensions to exhaustion
Back squats: 107.5kg for 3 sets of 8
Front squats: 80kg for 2 sets of 8
Leg Press: 3 sets of 12
Leg curls

And that's all I had in me for the day. Squats were brutal though, lots of shouting to get the last couple of reps out. Felt mega strong and pumped afterwards. Then felt mega deflated when I saw someone repping 120kg like it was nothing :(

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Does sound brutal Monkee, I imagine if I did that I'd have trouble tacking the stairs out of the gym.

Was the guy the same weight as you? If not, wouldn't fret.

Training last night, and the guy who does 200kg 'bench press' for reps was there. He always asks me for a spot, he must like me or something. Anyway, he doesn't actually bench, more like bring the bar down so his arms are 45 degrees then up again(elbow wraps too). He starts talking about my paused bench and how he can't get the bar to his chest. It's not the first time he's mentioned this, so this time I just came out and told him it's because when he benches the bar is in line with his upper chest/neck. Explained to him how to correct it and left him to it. I bet he won't try it, he'd die.

Soldato
So legs last night.
Leg extensions to exhaustion
Back squats: 107.5kg for 3 sets of 8
Front squats: 80kg for 2 sets of 8
Leg Press: 3 sets of 12
Leg curls

And that's all I had in me for the day. Squats were brutal though, lots of shouting to get the last couple of reps out. Felt mega strong and pumped afterwards. Then felt mega deflated when I saw someone repping 120kg like it was nothing :(

Getting strong brah! You must be near a 2xBW 1RM back squat? Or have you got fat again ;).

Mind = Obliterated.

Caporegime
Nice work Monkee, squats look brutal

Does sound brutal Monkee, I imagine if I did that I'd have trouble tacking the stairs out of the gym.

Training last night, and the guy who does 200kg 'bench press' for reps was there. He always asks me for a spot, he must like me or something. Anyway, he doesn't actually bench, more like bring the bar down so his arms are 45 degrees then up again(elbow wraps too). He starts talking about my paused bench and how he can't get the bar to his chest. It's not the first time he's mentioned this, so this time I just came out and told him it's because when he benches the bar is in line with his upper chest/neck. Explained to him how to correct it and left him to it. I bet he won't try it, he'd die.

Careful mate, he'll bench you in to oblivion...well, kinda :p Hope he listens anyway, and actually makes his deadlift higher than his bench for once.

Yep :) I do my working set for the day (goes up every week) and then do a few singles and triples just to give that myself that extra push. I will eventually hit a new rep PB for 5's and then switch triples and aim for a rep PB on those too.

I add in the assistance as I enjoy doing them from when doing Wendler and they've really helped improve my strength.

Nice one :) My OHP is slowly going up, well I think it's OHP anyway :p

Soldato

nice session mate solid work, I was struggling last week with 110x5 and anything above 110 for my squats. Watched a video of me squatting pre cut and i was doing solid sets of 120x8+ reps :( its amazing how not squatting heavy for a while can really set you back.

Soldato
well yeah your right, i am focused more on putting on a bit of mass now, but still watching back those vids i make 120 look easy compared to now :(

Soldato

Oh no, a fair bit bigger, but he still ruined my sense of achievement :D

Getting strong brah! You must be near a 2xBW 1RM back squat? Or have you got fat again ;).

Yeah I got fat :D Sitting at around 82kg at the moment. But tbh, gyno excluded, I feel thick and good at the moment even if I'm not abs out lean.

nice session mate solid work, I was struggling last week with 110x5 and anything above 110 for my squats. Watched a video of me squatting pre cut and i was doing solid sets of 120x8+ reps :( its amazing how not squatting heavy for a while can really set you back.

Totally mate, my cut certainly made returning to heavy work a lot harder. I used to be able to rep 20kg weighted dips quite well, and having just returned to heavy dips again I'm finding 15kg a real struggle!

Soldato
Nice work Monkee, squats look brutal

Careful mate, he'll bench you in to oblivion...well, kinda :p Hope he listens anyway, and actually makes his deadlift higher than his bench for once.

Nice one :) My OHP is slowly going up, well I think it's OHP anyway :p

Do you just do single arm or try BB OHP sometimes? I'm actually surprised how well my OHP has come along, just hope it carries on :)

Soldato
Totally mate, my cut certainly made returning to heavy work a lot harder. I used to be able to rep 20kg weighted dips quite well, and having just returned to heavy dips again I'm finding 15kg a real struggle!

For me its a bit strage, i have only noticed an impact to my bench and my squat, everything else seems pretty strong still, was doing 30kg dips last week and they felt smooth! Bench though, i am struggling to rep 75 for 5!! was repping 80 for 8 before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom