*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may even start a log! :eek:

do_it_gif.gif

No gy, last night and been in bed all day thus far. Abdomen keeps cramping and I get short on breath just talking, so I think a few days rest is needed. I'm guessing this is why I've had no appetite lately!

No gy, last night and been in bed all day thus far. Abdomen keeps cramping and I get short on breath just talking, so I think a few days rest is needed. I'm guessing this is why I've had no appetite lately!

Sounds like the same as me brah, it is going round, or I passed it to you over Facebook :X

Grrrr.

Still got 230 on deads - a bit messy on form, but happy nonetheless. Strength is coming back.

I may even start a log! :eek:

OOOh I like it when you are angry hehe
Good work on the messy deadlift, always nice to pull a grinder :D

Yes to the log! :D

100x5

First triple figure squat... oh baby

Good work! nice to hit 3 figures isn't it :D
Now you can start the normal race everyone else does:

100kg
300lb
400lb
200kg
500lb

etc hehe.
gotta love using lb's to feel good :D

I tried 1 rep max on Monday for bench press and squats, managed 52kg for bench press and 90kg for squats. Not bad for a noob but it was clear arms are my weak link so I really worked my triceps today. I also weighed myself and I am 68kg now which is a gain of 3kg since I started :)

So, had the last 2 months off as I was focusing more on losing fat and have purely been doing cardio.

Im now looking to get back into lifting and want to realise my lifelong dream of properly bulking and putting on some good size. Im currently weighing in at 220lbs, which is still heavy I understand, but I am naturally very broad and quite muscular naturally. Id say I'm probably at a BF% of around 20.

I'm thinking now I should just do a fairly clean bulk and then focus on stripping back all BF once I'm at a size I'm happy with, as I cant see the point of getting really lean and then bulking as a lot of that fat loss has been a complete waste of time.

What do you lot reckon?

I still think bulking at 220lbs isn't a good idea.
What was your diet like?

Cant remember measurements off the top of my head but it went something like this:

Oats & Whey
Chicken breast in brown roll
Chicken breast brown rice
Whey and a banana
PWO Whey Shake
Brown Pasta, Rice or Potatoes with Beef, Chicken or fish etc
Casein Shake

That was a pretty standard day.

Didn't get anywhere? You should still be able to make progression while in a calorie deficit, be it purely shedding weight, or upping weights.

At the end of the day, if you aren't in a deficit, you aren't losing weight. HiiT isn't a magical fat loss program. It helps, but you get my drift :)

Didn't get anywhere? You should still be able to make progression while in a calorie deficit, be it purely shedding weight, or upping weights.

At the end of the day, if you aren't in a deficit, you aren't losing weight. HiiT isn't a magical fat loss program. It helps, but you get my drift :)

Thats exactly what I thought, but my diet remained the same, but instead of lifting I was doing HIIT, and I lost around a stone and a half. Go figure, lol.

Well it's up to what you prefer at the end of the day. :)

Something wasn't adding up basically, you was either training and eating to compensate without knowing, or theres some weird voodoo in your belleh :p

Thats exactly what I thought, but my diet remained the same, but instead of lifting I was doing HIIT, and I lost around a stone and a half. Go figure, lol.

Can't you do both? Doing 15 min of HiiT before I done weights caused me to lose a lot of fat but after 6 months I got too used to it so I now do 10 mins after each session and im seeing results but my diet is a lot better now.

Weights and a small amount of cardio/HiiT will not have an effect on you getting bigger. The heavier you lift the bigger you will get wether its fat or muscle if purely down to your diet. Unless you want to go down the body-buliding route and do a high number of reps/loads of sets at more isolating exersizes but thats just down right boring :D

chest tonight. Fairly standard apart from a new PB for me :) Only 75kg for two reps, second wasn't pretty, but it's progress.

I've also just realised I've not been eating nearly enough. Been working on a nett total of about 1800 per day which was something I worked out ages ago to help fat loss. I've probably "wasted" at least 9 months.

More bad news about the new gym, the only BB in the whole gym is the one fixed to the smith machine :(

There is an EZ bar and some flimsy looking York bars that apparently max out at 60kg.

I asked if I could take my own bar in and they said no. They're waiting for a refurb (early 2013) so they won't even consider purchasing/borrowing a single bar :rolleyes:

Should I persevere with it?* I can try and do over head squats and maybe SLDL but even then with SLDL I think the weights will not be heavy enough?

I am still a member of the old gym so I can go back but the work gym is obviously a lot easier and quicker to use. I think I'll have to go back to the old gym and wait until the refurb unless there are some magical exercises I've not heard of.

*Don't actually know why I'm asking because, according to some, I won't bother taking any advice on board :p

chest tonight. Fairly standard apart from a new PB for me :) Only 75kg for two reps, second wasn't pretty, but it's progress.

I've also just realised I've not been eating nearly enough. Been working on a nett total of about 1800 per day which was something I worked out ages ago to help fat loss. I've probably "wasted" at least 9 months.

zomg end of the world, how dare you not eat!111!!!one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom