*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
yeah. this is the guy though who stopped the boxing classes when they moved to the new venue due to the noise they made, even though the boxing classes built the gym in the first place.

iv tried twice to get him to hold a min stongman event or something but he wont have it as he thinks it will just upset people.

il no doubt try again in the new year.

Soldato
He's about 80kg and can pull much more now, over 300 dead/250 squat/185 bench lol.

Syla5: that's log lifting for you, especially one motions :)

I meant the Deadlift, the log looked really clean, and not a lot of over extension at all. I was suprised he needed the jerk type motion when the bar was just over his knees, as it looked like he had it easily.

Soldato
Looking forward to the weekend off! after shoulders and arms tonight, it will have been 5 days on the iron, i didnt originally plan for 5 days in a row but i was interested to see how my body responded, quite pleased so far

Man of Honour
The answer to that question probably isn't as interesting/useful as you'd hope.

I first benched maybe 5-6 years ago, and was probably doing around 80kg for touch and go reps.

For time spent actually trying to shift more weight properly, probably the last 2.5 years (adding around 40kg paused), but even then I've been injured for a substantial amount of that and have had to build back up a few times.

Caporegime
There are few things manlier than Atlas Stone lifting.
To end the year, a stone session :D

Warmup was some deficit stiff leg deads:
60kgx5
60x3
110x3
150x3

Realised I needed a ****, had to go over road to the brother in laws and wake him up, we don't have a toilet in the unit. Can't start stones and then poo as takes to clean yourself of tacky!

Tacky up. Pain starts as your skin pulls off your forearm. Nice!

105kg stone, lap then stand
Cool, ready.

120kg stone to 48" for reps
140kg to 48" - PB, **** yeah!
140 again
120kg to 51" for 3 reps. Awesome!
120 to 51", 140 to 48"

And that's me ruined. Love stones! Not many reps in a few hours, but stones isn't about doing lots.

Pub for kingsize ribs and chips

Train strongman, eat strongman, walk like a 90 year old pensioner. Now where's my walking stick?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom