*** The 2012 Gym Rats Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does santa squat?

Santa-Squat.png

Sure does :p

So my boy had Guinness book of records for Xmas.
I said "right open a random page and tell me a record".

Out of sheer coincidence he opened a page and said "the man who has won worlds strongest man the most times is...".

Crazy. He didn't look or check first, just opened it and read. With my love of strongman I couldnt help but smile :D

Never any need for it. If you're lifting a weight that you can't dispose of any other way than throwing it, you shouldn't be lifting that weight.

If you can rep it up, you can drop it down in a way that isn't throwing it

What are your thoughts on other gym members throwing/dropping weights?

It depends, occasionally it is almost inevitable when someone is lifting heavy weights and placing them down will cause them more problems than a controlled 'drop' but some of the time it appears to just be an ostentatious "look at me and what I'm lifting" which is unnecessary.

Personally I'd try to minimise the dropping of the weights as far as possible as it's much more likely to damage them and that just means that they're not going to be available for anyone.

What are your thoughts on other gym members throwing/dropping weights?

Depending on the situation, but I am guessing you on about mindless dumbassery. In which case I hate it, winds me the **** up.

Doing the negative part of a Deadlift very quickly between reps, no problem :cool:.

Throwing the 30's from the top of a seated DB shoulder press pointless :mad:

DB chest press is one where I will gently drop them if I can't put them on my knees and sit up. I used to put them down and managed to cause myself a few problems with my arms.

I drop them when doing Chest Press, gently mind as to not do an injury.

You can drop them i think its a wierd complaint. Gym floors are cushioned and its a solid weight that you massively overpay to use. Screw you am i not going to drop the weight. im not throwing it down but im not tearing my shoulder to place a 50kg+ dumbell on the ground F u.

Never any need for it. If you're lifting a weight that you can't dispose of any other way than throwing it, you shouldn't be lifting that weight.

If you can rep it up, you can drop it down in a way that isn't throwing it
Agreed. I have never, ever felt the need to drop/throw a DB. That includes when I was Incline DB Pressing over 60kg DB's. Even though I was at my limit I would still sit up and put the DB's down.

When you throw the DB's there's no way you know where they're going to bounce and land. If you do it you're a nob, simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom