*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Soldato
We must keep spreading the pain word...

Reminds me of a story...

A man walking down past a fence, and as he comes near a small hole in the fence, hears someone chanting "eleven, eleven, eleven"... The man is totally perplexed and his interest is picqued... He can't resist, so he bends down to look through the hole, and is suddenly poked in the eye.

As he stumbles off down the street, he can still hear the chanting, "twelve, twelve, twelve"....!

Soldato
It's due to the program I'm running at the moment , squatting 4 times a week using;

6x6 @ 102.5kg
7x5 @ 110kg
8x4 @ 117.5kg
10x3 @ 125kg

Next week the weights will bump up again.

Man of Honour
Went to the gym last night with my housemate after 2-3 weeks off.

2-3 weeks of mainly boozing.

Tried to lift the same weights as we did the last time.

ZOMG. Had to drop a few!

Man of Honour
I was doing lateral shoulder raises last night, and it feels as if my left lat is getting much tighter and shows sitting higher in the mirror than my right. I'm right handed, is there any common cause of this?

Man of Honour
OP
I was doing lateral shoulder raises last night, and it feels as if my left lat is getting much tighter and shows sitting higher in the mirror than my right. I'm right handed, is there any common cause of this?

I am assuming you mean your left "deltoid?" :)

There are a variety of reasons ranging from musculoskeletal gashitis to a bad swolfie angle.

Chances are it is a joyous combination of tight pecs, poor thoracic spine mobility, poor joint capsule mobility, too much one-handed reading, tight lats (the real ones), poorly controlled rotator cuff, poor back training/strength/activation, crud core strength and the fact you possibly owned a Ben Sherman shirt at some point in your life.

In other words: there are few symptoms of deeper problems that can cause sub-luxation (super- is less likely) in your glenohumeral joint, as well as a few simple mobility drills to get familiar with to determine which is which.

Hit up MobilityWOD and YouTube "shoulder mobility."

Man of Honour
Your Trap? It's the bit that makes the girls with taste go "Oooooooo" as opposed to the ones without taste that want some meat twiglet with a six pack :D saying that mine also seemed to be a conversation starter with a man or 2 on Saturday night as well :eek:

Soldato
Into my 3rd week post-op. The discharge notes say I can resume normal activity from this week - yay - so I can finally do something other than brisk walking. Going to start off very conservatively with the weight though and keep the RPE low. Lower today, upper tomorrow and see how things feel... wonder how bad the DOMS will be even taking it super easy! :D

Back
Top Bottom