*** The 2017 Gym Rats Thread ***

Associate
Got some spider veins on my chest after push day today, guess i was benching too hard :eek:

Think I might start deadlifting again. Its been about a year since I stopped deadlifting. Stopped at 130kgx5 at about 61kg bodyweight. Will dl tomorrow, reckon I'll be able to do 100kg for 5x5 nothing more

Soldato
What is it with the older generation refusing to believe I'm calories in v calories out? Feels like I'm hitting a wall with my parents. Meant to do legs today but after a few drinks last night, not sure I can handle it. :p

Man of Honour
OP
What is it with the older generation refusing to believe I'm calories in v calories out? Feels like I'm hitting a wall with my parents. Meant to do legs today but after a few drinks last night, not sure I can handle it. :p

that-is-why-you-fail-yoda1.jpg

Soldato
My diet has been pretty solid this week so far, although going out for a meal tomorrow evening and Saturday lunch. :p But I need a snack in between breakfast and lunch, I eat breakfast rather early at 7.30 then I'm starving by lunch at 12.30. I was having a protein shake about 11.00 but it kept upsetting my stomach and the the results weren't pretty.

Soldato
Squats today and I'm still getting pain in my left adductor, I videoed the squats and saw might right foot rolling in.
When I tried to correct that in the next set I got pain in both adductors!
Is this sounding like a flexibility issue? or are my feet too wide or something.... Second time I've abandon'd the end of the set due to the pain coming.... :(
So this lunchtime I tried some air squatting and light goblet squats.
Could feel the complaint in the thigh.
I did some band work, seated band abductions, and I felt it right in the sore bit.
Don't know what this means.....

I really might shed half the weight and go back over my form for a while....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Squats today and I'm still getting pain in my left adductor, I videoed the squats and saw might right foot rolling in.
When I tried to correct that in the next set I got pain in both adductors!
Is this sounding like a flexibility issue? or are my feet too wide or something.... Second time I've abandon'd the end of the set due to the pain coming.... :(
So this lunchtime I tried some air squatting and light goblet squats.
Could feel the complaint in the thigh.
I did some band work, seated band abductions, and I felt it right in the sore bit.
Don't know what this means.....

I really might shed half the weight and go back over my form for a while....

You are squatting on your toes with a collapsed lumbar. Which means it is your back, quads and adductors that are taking the strain. Which probably also means your glute med doesn't exist and your hamstrings aren't worth much either. :)

Cut the weight in half and work on squatting SLOWLY and feeling every single muscle as you do it. Stop at parallel and push through your midfoot. Don't cave your knees completely because this will disconnect your glutes proper.

As a test, pop a 1.25kg plate under the middle of each foot when squatting slowly and see how your dynamic changes. For a real test, put it under your toes. ;)

As you sit down (not back) you should concentrate on getting your bum positioned in line with your ankles (this won't happen, but that is what it should feel like) as you pull your knees up and out...

Man of Honour
My rib seems to have healed up nicely. First gym session in a good few weeks tomorrow. Going to be tough getting into the routine again. Have decided against max lifts now and up just going to base my routine of how I feel and 'theoretical max lifts' and will just up these every 4 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom