***The 2020 Gym Rats Thread*** ᕦ( ͠°◞ °)ᕥ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
I'm thinking of binning 2 of my days (accessory back day and arm day) and just sticking to bench, OHP, deadlift and squat days. I think it'll be moot soon anyway when places close.

Soldato
It's officially been a week since I've been to the gym. In the last week I've lost 2kg due to being ridiculously ill and I still feel nowhere near well enough to go back (not that I would until I've had a sufficient amount of quarantine). I feel like I've lost about 6 months of progress in a week. Don't even want to think about how weak I'm going to be. :(

Man of Honour
It's officially been a week since I've been to the gym. In the last week I've lost 2kg due to being ridiculously ill and I still feel nowhere near well enough to go back (not that I would until I've had a sufficient amount of quarantine). I feel like I've lost about 6 months of progress in a week. Don't even want to think about how weak I'm going to be. :(

Most of us will be in the same position when the gyms close for a long period and we all end up infected. I feel like my current strength levels could well be my peak for some time.

Man of Honour
I had almost 2 weeks off due to illness as well (was it wasn't it c19, no idea). Thankfully home gym so at least can crack on now.

Soldato
I had quite a bad cold few weeks ago, got back fully healthy to last week where deadlifts and bench was highest they have been for probably a year. Now though I'm going to have to give it a rest for a bit. I wouldn't be too worried about going by my GF is a teachers so I have to be weary of anything that I can pass to her.
Recently bought a house where there is a scope for a home gym, perhaps I can use this as an opportunity to convince it should be higher up the priorities . :p

Man of Honour
I had quite a bad cold few weeks ago, got back fully healthy to last week where deadlifts and bench was highest they have been for probably a year. Now though I'm going to have to give it a rest for a bit. I wouldn't be too worried about going by my GF is a teachers so I have to be weary of anything that I can pass to her.
Recently bought a house where there is a scope for a home gym, perhaps I can use this as an opportunity to convince it should be higher up the priorities . :p

You pay for it in no time of no gym fees, so the economic case is there. I got all my stuff on an interest free offer from powerhouse and setting it to 12 months it matched my gym sub. It's just the aesthetics you may have to be more persuasive on.

My wife was saying she didn't fancy going to the gym at the mo in terms of the virus. I pointed out (not for the first time) that we have a gym at home and there is no real need to pay £60 a month for the privilege of sharing stuff. Apparently she doesn't want to go in the garage because it is unpleasant. I beg to differ. Great speakers, xbox connected to an old telly. Rack, plates, bar, bench, dumbells, cross trainer, dart board, modelling bench, radio control models, 3d printer, snow and skateboard collection, christmas decorations, old suitcases, spiders. What more could a girl want.

Soldato
Went this morning, nothings changed infact they were showing new starters around. Would hate to stop going to the gym, i love eating i would be a land whale within a month.

Man of Honour
Went this morning, nothings changed infact they were showing new starters around. Would hate to stop going to the gym, i love eating i would be a land whale within a month.

I saw exactly the same a few evenings ago.

Nuffield will only close if forced to and their cleaning procedure has been very impressive. I've switch to only barbell work, so I can keep fewer surfaces much cleaner. The supermarket is far far worse - we're all handing the goods to the cashier who scans them and hands it back. I haven't seen anything in those places being cleaned to such effect.

Soldato
I got an email from my gym saying that they've introduced cleaning facilities to each station and they're implementing a minimum distance of 2 meters from all other gym goers which seem like sensible measures.

I'm still in 2 minds whether to return straight away once I'm out of isolation being in a high risk group. I really hope they come up with a home anti bodies test soon.

Man of Honour
Rocky style lifting rocks, chopping down trees, deadlifting random objects.

Ive basically gone for maxes across the board tonight. Going to be a lot of lost gains.

Soldato
Ah well, I've got a weights bench and some dumbbells at home, they're only a 20kg (per dumbbell) set so not particularly heavy, but I'm sure I can do enough different exercises with them to maintain some level of fitness and size. The only issue is space, the garage is the only place big enough but it needs tidying and cleaning up a bit before being okay to train in.

Soldato
OP
Not worried about upper body because you can do a lot with push-ups, dips, a pull-up bar, resistance bands and rest-pause techniques like Myo-Reps.

Lower body will be a bit trickier.

I have noticed people on FB opening up their home gyms or garden callisthenics areas to help other bro’s out. Keep a look out.

Man of Honour
Do worry my gym my go under if people cancel. Going to leave our membership running if we can.

Personally I wouldn’t cancel, I love my gym and would happily support them. Nuffield have ceased direct debits though until they reopen, so that’s that. Hopefully not too long, but it’ll easily be months. No idea how many gains I’ll lose in that time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom