[[[The 2022 Gym Rats Thread]]] ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

Associate
t
Just sub in OHP where you do dumbbell shoulder press. I would want to be doing at least one chest pressing movement each workout.
Could try on day one, do flat bench then dumbell shoulder press on 2nd chest/shoulder day do OHP first then incline press after.

thanks ill try it. im trying to get my shoulders stronger as i feel my arms wobble at 80kg bench because of the stabilization

Soldato
Managed another pb on Saturday:

140kg squat (@70kg):

Looking at that I'm probably about an inch or so from depth and have some mobility issues which I need to work on but happy enough with it.

The day after I came down with a savage bug (the joys of having kids). Had 2 full days of eating and I'm down 3kg. Feels like I've lost so much in just 3 days!

With that being said, I managed to get to the gym yesterday and took it really really light. Regular exercise helps keep my diabetes controlled.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to put the weight back on!

Soldato
Great lift, 2x bodyweight nothing to be disappointed with. Solid grind. Depth a tiny bit high, but camera angle wont help that either.

Man of Honour
Well done, certainly on not giving up and pushing through - that's often the hardest thing to do!

Hard to tell from that angle, but I agree probably a touch high. From what you can see on the vid (which isn't enough), you might just need to push your knees out a little more on the push back up and really drive through your heels, especially since you're wearing lifting shoes. Your spine stayed nice and neutral which is spot on. Maybe try and pull your elbows a little further down, but that does require shoulder mobility not something I'm particularly blessed with! Maybe try and tuck your chin in a little to stop your neck rounding which happens naturally when you're at a grind.

2x BW is big regardless of the actual number. Keep it up! :)

Caporegime
Slowly dragging in the interest of the OG gym rats crew :D need to get @LiE to post some as well...Also need @Delvis back in the gym!!

What's a gym?

Been meaning to, time is tight with walking the dog in the morning and evenings, along with walking home at lunch to let the thing out. My options are to go in the morning or late in the evening, both i don't like the idea of :D

Having just caught COVID though it probably won't be any time soon.

Soldato
Well done, certainly on not giving up and pushing through - that's often the hardest thing to do!

Hard to tell from that angle, but I agree probably a touch high. From what you can see on the vid (which isn't enough), you might just need to push your knees out a little more on the push back up and really drive through your heels, especially since you're wearing lifting shoes. Your spine stayed nice and neutral which is spot on. Maybe try and pull your elbows a little further down, but that does require shoulder mobility not something I'm particularly blessed with! Maybe try and tuck your chin in a little to stop your neck rounding which happens naturally when you're at a grind.

2x BW is big regardless of the actual number. Keep it up! :)

Thanks a lot for the tips! It's much appreciated.

Man of Honour
What's a gym?

Been meaning to, time is tight with walking the dog in the morning and evenings, along with walking home at lunch to let the thing out. My options are to go in the morning or late in the evening, both i don't like the idea of :D

Having just caught COVID though it probably won't be any time soon.

apparently I've had covid at least once, I think I got most amount of gains as a result! :D

A gym meet would be fun though!

Thanks a lot for the tips! It's much appreciated.

It's just my perspective, I may not be totally right, it's hard to do it based off 1 vid - still regardless you should be absolutely pleased with that performance :)

Man of Honour
First time training in some heat in probably about 6 months. Oof.

I’ve started eating cleaner again, have picked up much of my lost strength and have shed fat. Happy with that. Weighing in at a tidy 94kg. Just in time for my holiday :)

Bench mostly holding steady, deads progressing well again although somewhat off my pbs (but my back is feeling great), squats just a few weeks off 200kg being a working weight (a long standing goal of mine). Shoulder/arm workouts progressing well. Pretty happy at the moment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom