*** The 3rd OcUK PS3 FIFA09 Cup ***

Soldato
Naan isn't confirmed 3rd yet, if Loki win's both his games remaining he has a chance.

What? :p The max points Loki can get from the remaining games is 6 and considering he is on 0 at the moment he can't challenge the 3rd place of Naan who is on 12pts surely! :confused:

edit: Ninja edit!! :p

edit2: Maybe not. Arrgghh. My mind is on other things!! :o

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Another quick update

Group Stage Games:
Topher vs Eddie_Arsenal (2nd game only)
Loki vs ps3ud0
Loki vs Manic111
These game must now be played by wednesday evening.

Confirmed knock out first round games:

Knock Out Stage A:
Gatidd vs Eddie_Arsenal
Beenom vs Skippi90

Knock Out Stage C:
One More Solo vs stevesmith_2009

**Eddie - please make sure you still play Topher for your group stage, even though your position is confirmed, Topher's isn't.

Soldato
Norway 10 - 0 Hungary

Hungary 0 - 4 Norway

To be fair Ps3udo is a much better player than I am as his FIFA score suggests. Well played in both games fella and good luck for rest of tournament.

Caporegime
Kudos Loki - you had a dire team but kept plugging away - well played mate - dont think Id be as gracious as you in the same situation.

First game you just had a poor formation which gave my forwards space to run onto through balls and I punished you a few times where you just didnt have a man to stop me before I could turn and run at goal.

Second game was a lot tighter where it was 1-0 at half time and we both had some chances. Changing your formation made your team much tighter down the middle so I had less chances to score. You just didnt have the team under you as you spread play, used wings and got some shots off just outside my box but never got a clear cut chance...

I had the luck of the ball and scored some very polished goals that most of the time I wouldnt setup properly - just amazed how it all clicked when Ive found Norway a dog of a team to 'fix'. Blame Villa winning for me having that attitude to try some stupid setups...

As I said before love to play you on a more even pitch, as as I found with maniac111 you will be pretty useful...

Again good games mate

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
skippi90 said:
Isn't that internet grooming?

Haha, hope not. Loki, I've just got home from the cinema - have I missed you? If not I'll see if I can kick my brother off the TV. If I can't, are you around tomorrow evening at all? I can be online all day.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for getting these game done. We now have a full line up for Knock Out Stage A, and just a couple of group games to confirm the final fixtures in Knock Out Stages B and C.

Group Stage Games: To be played by Wednesday evening.
Topher vs Eddie_Arsenal (2nd game only)
Loki vs Manic111

Knock Out Stage A: To be played by Saturday evening.
Gatidd vs Eddie_Arsenal
Beenom vs Skippi90
SS-89 vs Jonny_no2
ps3ud0 vs ash6290

Knock Out Stage B: To be played by Saturday evening.
Naan_H vs Whappers (Yes - this is now confirmed ;))

Knock Out Stage C: To be played by Saturday evening.
One More Solo vs stevesmith_2009

Last edited:
Caporegime
ash - give me a shout when you want to play - expecting to be on SF4 tonight (Jonny, Naan, feel free to join me ;)) and tomorrow I should be on Fat Princess it seems...

Unlikely to be around tonight, but deffo the next few days

Caporegime
Jonny - might be trading in my PS3 in a couple of days for the new Slim so might not be able to play ash until Tuesday? Is that ok?

Expecting to play before I do - but thought Id warn you...

Back
Top Bottom