• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4080 Owners Thread.

I've ordered a bykski for 118gbp final price, it got to the uk pretty fast this time. Should be delivered tomorrow or the day after, gonna pop some pictures of the installation here

Last edited:
Installed the Bykski block today, it's my fourth Bykski block along the time.
The card is a zotac 4080 trinity OC flashed with AIRO bios, so PL is near 400W (I think I read somewhere that it 450W, but I can't verify this, max power draw ever was around 425W).

Contents of the box
Block, backplate, argb lead, 18mm (measured with the protective tape, so I'd say around 16-17mm, no thermal paste, which it also did not come with the block for the 6900xt.
bjFN0SU.jpeg

Closeup block
Sj9eWx6.jpeg jJf66eI.jpeg PSz8tc6.jpeg JCnS456.jpeg U8QyY6k.jpeg

Original in/out-lets removed to install the one bykski has with a display, it works in any block
71yeBxs.jpeg

Leak testing after changing the ports pictured above
v8ihAEw.jpeg

Included pad thickness
Ap35m79.jpeg

Display in place
w0Y6vQs.jpeg

Simple to take it apart, just the fans plug was a bit too stiff to come out
fYW7oSz.jpeg

Interesting detail in the backplate, there are few pieces of 2.6mm in there, in the oposite side where the vram chips are
PJLdfIM.jpeg

Thickness of the thermal pads used in the chokes, vrm and vram chips
x4WvXOr.jpeg

Thickness of the thermal pad located in the backplate
zsIbokd.jpeg

vram in focus
oyYJ9C4.jpeg

nude
CH61FTO.jpeg

assebled
bVkEXIv.jpeg

I decided using the same thermal pads the card came with, the were not really compressed, and after putting the block in I could see from the sides the thermal pads are even more squeezed than before. Yes, most of the thermals pads can be seen when looking closely.
I will have to order another case, which I already wanted for quite a while, a o11d xl (currently have a o11d) the ports of the block are in the way of the side panel, even if the ports had clearance, the 12VHPWR stay in the way of the panel too, and at least this one from nvidia does not seem to like any bending. I will try the corsair soon.
Originally Zotac placed thermal pads everywhere, vrm, chokes, three mosfets that are around the gpu chip, and the vram, which I used them all again, and as mentioned above I will open the card again to see if thermals can be improved, because in bykiks' "instructions" I can see they don't tell you to put any thermal pad in the chokes (and usually you should not because they are not supposed to get hot). I will also use TPM7590 in the core.

Thermals:
idling
gpu temp 24C
vram jt 24c
gpu jt 31c

after running timespy extreme with the card stock

gpu temp 57c
vram jt 40c
gpu jt 69.8c (it would reach 83c with air cooler)
max gpu clock 2880
mas power draw 344w

after running timespy extreme stress stress test test with the card at 1.1v, pl 140%, core at 3015 and vram at 3150
gpu temp 67c
vram jt 42
gpu jt 83 - here I believe putting thermals pads in the chokes was a mistake, the jt was jumping from 78 to 83 all the time by the end of the test
max power draw 411w

I'd say, WC is not that necessary unless you already have a loop. Zotac's cooler is enough and in the end of the day we don't spend all day long running benchmarks to reach the limit of the temperature the card supports.

EDIT

I was not happy with the fact the bykski's "instructions" indicate the chokes should not be padded, but I padded them probably making the die to have less contact with the cold plate.
So I opened again, removed the pads which by the way were of good quality, the pattern, weight, texture remembers me gelid extreme, and then installed the ones provided by bykski, and added TPM7590 to the core, results:

same config as above, 1.1v, 140% core at 3015 and vram at 3150
gpu temp 59.2c (from 67c)
vram jt 56c (from 42c, that is, bykski pads are ****, nothing new then.. I just didn't know how bad they actually are)
gpu jt 73.5c (from 83c)

So I can state few things:
1 - don't add pads to the chokes if you are using a bykski block
2 - bykski pads are awful
3 - it does not fit the regular o11d

Last edited:
Good write up, thanks for taking the time to do that. On the fence whether to crack open my Suprim x - I have a custom loop but will I see £200 worth of a temp improvement. Short answer, probably not.

Last edited:
thanks! I don't really feel a block is necessary in this card, temperatures were good enough with the air cooler.. but leaving 3x360mm + 1260mm with just the cpu in it was not looking good

That's a lovely looking loop in there Damien, congrats. In fact the card just merges nicely with it!

Thanks mate.

Had a stint on Cyberpunk last night. GPU temp maxed out at 59. Fairly impressive for air cooling. Still on the fence whether to crack it and fit and EK block.

My 3060ti looks like it's done so maybe shopping time soon - quick question, how's the stock been for the FE this time around, is it always available or is it patchy and grab one when you see it again?

I ended up sending my 7900XTX back and got a 4080 instead :) The extra cost was painful but the cooling is so much better.
It was a bit of a squeeze in this case though, I can’t imagine trying to fit an AIB one.

fAFjLXk.jpg xI9Ab2U.jpg

Last edited:
I ended up sending my 7900XTX back and got a 4080 instead :) The extra cost was painful but the cooling is so much better.
It was a bit of a squeeze in this case though, I can’t imagine trying to fit an AIB one.
Have you watched any of Optimum Tech on YT? He's got a 4090 in a Formd T1 SFF case - might be possible for you to go even smaller on the case size if you fancied it!

fAFjLXk.jpg xI9Ab2U.jpg

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 22/01/2023, Make Nvidia FE, thefogo, Link
Date 01/01/2023, Make Nvidia FE, bimbleuk, Link
Date 12/01/2023, Make Zotac Trinity, Thomasck, Link
Date 09/01/2023, Make MSI Suprim X, Damien., Link
Date 30/12/2022, Make Asus Strix, meh?, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, TomDD, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Lustral, Link
Date 06/12/2022, Make Asus TUF, dvinell, Link
Date 17/11/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Ryder_1990, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

Here you go :)

HmYytli.jpg
UsG197Z.jpg

Gigabyte 4080 areo oc

Welcome and on TOL.:)

The Owners List.

l8ZrrPk.png
Date 30/01/2023, Make Gigabyte Aero, clone, Link
Date 28/01/2023, Make MSI Suprim X, Nghtmare, Link
Date 28/01/2023, Make MSI Gaming Trio, Matty8787, Link
Date 22/01/2023, Make Nvidia FE, thefogo, Link
Date 01/01/2023, Make Nvidia FE, bimbleuk, Link
Date 12/01/2023, Make Zotac Trinity, Thomasck, Link
Date 09/01/2023, Make MSI Suprim X, Damien., Link
Date 30/12/2022, Make Asus Strix, meh?, Link
Date 19/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, TomDD, Link
Date 16/12/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Lustral, Link
Date 06/12/2022, Make Asus TUF, dvinell, Link
Date 17/11/2022, Make Nvidia FE, Ryder_1990, Link
To get on The Owners List all you have to do is post a pic with your user name on it of your RTX 4080

Back
Top Bottom