• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

Associate
Already got liquid metal on the die to reduce hotspot temps by just under 10c. Relatively easy to dismantle, but not quite as easy as the GameRock.
I’m actually ditching custom water cooling with this one.
The coolers on high end cards are so overbuilt these days it’s no longer needed.
Ordered Fractal Design Torrent Compact as well to give the card plenty of fresh air.

Last edited:
Caporegime
How long you keeping this one ? :p
WelloffReflectingFalcon-max-1mb.gif

:D

Last edited:
Associate
Hi guys, I have just received a 4090 Founders Edition today brand new, hooked it up an it the computer won't post, fans spin but no light on the logo, I can't get it into bios.
it does boot with the 7900 xtx that I have though, I have a Ryzen 3800X plus Gigabyte auorus elite, PSU is TOughpower 1200W, I only have 3 x 8 pins power going into the adapter thing, it should be sufficient shouldn't it? preparing mself for an RMA.

Soldato
Hi guys, I have just received a 4090 Founders Edition today brand new, hooked it up an it the computer won't post, fans spin but no light on the logo, I can't get it into bios.
it does boot with the 7900 xtx that I have though, I have a Ryzen 3800X plus Gigabyte auorus elite, PSU is TOughpower 1200W, I only have 3 x 8 pins power going into the adapter thing, it should be sufficient shouldn't it? preparing mself for an RMA.

3x8 is fine, Make sure it's fully in all the way though, The 12VHPWR connector takes a fair bit more force to be fully steated than the standard 8 pin PCI-E plugs.

Associate
3x8 is fine, Make sure it's fully in all the way though, The 12VHPWR connector takes a fair bit more force to be fully steated than the standard 8 pin PCI-E plugs.
I have tried everything, I can't get the computer to POST, so gutted!! gonna have to send it back waited all this time to get one and this happens!! the logo on the card itself isn't coming at all so must be something major wrong, i know the computer is alright as it boots up with the 7900 XTX and that is mega power hungry having 2 x 8 pin plugs. Interestingly the 4090 causes the bios to be reset every time also. I have flashed BIOS to the latest one.

Caporegime
A 3800x to drive an XTX and a 4090? Hope you are at 8K. :cry:

Soldato
I have tried everything, I can't get the computer to POST, so gutted!! gonna have to send it back waited all this time to get one and this happens!! the logo on the card itself isn't coming at all so must be something major wrong, i know the computer is alright as it boots up with the 7900 XTX and that is mega power hungry having 2 x 8 pin plugs. Interestingly the 4090 causes the bios to be reset every time also. I have flashed BIOS to the latest one.

Maybe silly but have you tried a CMOS reset with the card in ?

Last edited:
Associate
tried it this morning to no avail, it seems to just corrupt my bios I reckon it might be DOA, when I put the 7900 XTX back in it takes a few boots to reset the bios and then its fine, looks like I will be sticking with the 7900 xtx for a bit then!

Associate
has anyone got the Zotac OC 4090? how quiet is it? one thing I Like about the XTX is that it's virtually silent, I am RMA'ing the FE and am looking at getting one with a better cooling solution

Caporegime
has anyone got the Zotac OC 4090? how quiet is it? one thing I Like about the XTX is that it's virtually silent, I am RMA'ing the FE and am looking at getting one with a better cooling solution
I've heard the Zotac's have some sort of fan issue so would probably avoid those ones, though perhaps owners would be better placed to comment. Certainly a while back there were complaints about the Zotac fans.

The Suprim X is very quiet, however it's also one of the more expensive models. The Gigabyte Gaming OC is probably a good mid tier 4090 choice that should be fairly quiet.

If you'd like to pay close to FE price (£1600) the GameRock OC would be a solid choice and has a very good cooler and is fairly quiet.

Soldato

As @LtMatt has said above the Suprim X is very quiet. I have it set to 'Gaming' mode which in theory is louder but again still very quiet. It's more expensive than the FE but the cooler works fantastically well. My card does a solid 2820Mhz on the core without any tweaking whatsoever (don't feel the need to). Load temps are usually around the 64C mark when fully stressed and will sometimes hit 67C but not often.

The one thing I will say about the FE's I've had in the past is that I always felt there was a decent bit of noise when they ramped up to load, granted I can't speak for the 4090 but that was definitely one of the drivers in my decision not to go for one this time around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom