• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
So no performance penalty?
See for yourself! I ran a quick Cyberpunk bench with frame gen turned off for maximum GPU taxing:

Path tracing bench, Ultra preset, Psycho SSR, Frame Gen off, DLSS Auto // 80% Power Limit
KT0YPSg.jpg

Path tracing bench, Ultra preset, Psycho SSR, Frame Gen off, DLSS Auto // 100% Power Limit
j9qFsEd.jpg

4fps, trivial :D

Still makes me lol seeing 80+ fps with path tracing, without even using Frame gen lol.

Last edited:
Associate
See for yourself! I ran a quick Cyberpunk bench with frame gen turned off for maximum GPU taxing:

Path tracing bench, Ultra preset, Psycho SSR, Frame Gen off, DLSS Auto // 80% Power Limit
KT0YPSg.jpg

Path tracing bench, Ultra preset, Psycho SSR, Frame Gen off, DLSS Auto // 100% Power Limit
j9qFsEd.jpg

4fps, trivial :D

Still makes me lol seeing 80+ fps with path tracing, without even using Frame gen lol.

Very nice! And what fan speed? Do you hear it at all?

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
GPU fan speed? Shown right at the top, the last values are the fans rpm, ~1100rpm at all times when gaming using the quiet VBIOS mode. You cannot hear them when gaming. You can only hear them a bit when back on the desktop for a minute before they enter 0rpm mode after quitting out from a game :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
GPU fan speed? Shown right at the top, the last values are the fans rpm, ~1100rpm at all times when gaming using the quiet VBIOS mode. You cannot hear them when gaming. You can only hear them a bit when back on the desktop for a minute before they enter 0rpm mode after quitting out from a game.\

Thanks. Do you game with headphones?

Soldato
So you Zotac guys don't have this fan noise? Because Zotac claims its normal and nothing wrong. Lots of people in the comments saying the same with regards to the poor fans (along with two members here, albeit a while ago).

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Not sure if it's the video audio but I had to put my amp to -18dB to hear it properly, sounds like bearing noise? What model is your one? Mine doesn't sound like that, just ambient fan noises at bootup and then the quiet fan hum at 1100rpm when gaming or doing anything that is GPU intensive and they spin up for a bit.

Thanks. Do you game with headphones?

Sometimes, but not always. More often gaming through the speakers.

Here's a quick video showing the noise (or lack there of lol) when running Cyberpunk, with speakers on and then speakers muted.

Last edited:
Caporegime
So you Zotac guys don't have this fan noise? Because Zotac claims its normal and nothing wrong. Lots of people in the comments saying the same with regards to the poor fans (along with two members here, albeit a while ago).

You still faffing around dude? Just ****ing order one and try it!!

Soldato
Yeah it's not mine. I can't decide. Here is my deductions;

FE: Great looks, high fan noise (by 4090 standards).
Gig: No coil whine, only "ok" fans, looks like crap.
Asus: Great quality, great fans, High coil whine.
MSI: Great quality, great fans, Moderate coil whine, no vapour chamber (apart from Suprim, which is almost gone and super expensive in the UK now).
Zotac: No coil whine, poor fans.
PNY/Pallit: Cheap build quality... only "ok" fans.

So yeah lol!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I would discount that noisy fan noise video purely on the fact that the person has put the GPU sag bracket in the wrong place :D

Just get the Trinity (non OC model) like I did and be done with it lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if it's the video audio but I had to put my amp to -18dB to hear it properly, sounds like bearing noise? What model is your one? Mine doesn't sound like that, just ambient fan noises at bootup and then the quiet fan hum at 1100rpm when gaming or doing anything that is GPU intensive and they spin up for a bit.

Sometimes, but not always. More often gaming through the speakers.

Here's a quick video showing the noise (or lack there of lol) when running Cyberpunk, with speakers on and then speakers muted.

Your unit seems substantially better. This is a dilemma lol.

Here's from a member here, posted a few months back.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah it's not mine. I can't decide. Here is my deductions;

FE: Great looks, high fan noise (by 4090 standards).
Gig: No coil whine, only "ok" fans, looks like crap.
Asus: Great quality, great fans, High coil whine.
MSI: Great quality, great fans, Moderate coil whine, no vapour chamber (apart from Suprim, which is almost gone and super expensive in the UK now).
Zotac: No coil whine, poor fans.
PNY/Pallit: Cheap build quality... only "ok" fans.

So yeah lol!

Is the FE noisy too?

Associate
My Zotac 4090 Airo Extreme runs much quieter and cooler than my Strix 3090 did, plus it's such a unique design over the rectangles everyone else uses. Fans after months of use have been fine with no annoying buzzing/grinding noise at least for me even with the case 5ft from me, and no coil while is the icing on the cake after years of coil whining GPUs. Most games the fans rarely ever exceed 40% to 50% while the GPU sits at about 65c even while running at 99%/100% load doing path tracing. Using an Evolx X case so its quite a restrictive case for air and still manages to stay impressively cool.

Games like Destiny 2 running maxed out at a locked 4K 120fps, the GPU is only at 60% to 80% usage so the fans almost never exceed the base 30% and GPU temp sits between 53c to 60c most of the time while sucking down far less power than my Strix 3090 and being very silent in that game.

I'd have no issues buying this GPU again if I had a choice of all the brands in front of me.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Your unit seems substantially better. This is a dilemma lol.

Here's from a member here, posted a few months back.

I would say fan noise for the GPU at this level is trivial really. You are gaming when the fans are on, and you can't hear them over the game whether on headphones or speakers, so it's a non-issue mostly anyway. The only time the fans are on during desktop use is if a GPU intensive workload passes by the GPU core and even then it's only on for about a minute before returning to 0rpm mode.

I think the best option to go for is the one with the least coil whine, as that is more noticeable and annoying since its resonant frequency is more audible for the ear than the bearing noise of these fans.

For me , compared to the 3080 Ti FE I had, even with an undervolt and power limit that thing was noisy and was audible over games, so to be able to get 60% more performance, with fans I can't hear in games and retain the same power draw is basically magic in my eyes lol.

Back
Top Bottom