• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Your PC is probably like mine then, no power LED, no RGB, if you didn't look at the side panel to see the RTX logo dimly lit up then you'd think the PC was off :D

I said it before but my monitor makes more noise than my PC lol.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Arguably a thick window will absorb more noise due to density than a thin metal side panel though! My whole side panel is one piece of glass and very heavy, actually both side panels are (Corsair 5000D :p)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Arguably a thick window will absorb more noise due to density than a thin metal side panel though! My whole side panel is one piece of glass and very heavy, actually both side panels are (Corsair 5000D :p)
Silent Base 802 ftw :p Solid side panel, no RGB rubbish

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: mrk
Caporegime
Just got a Pure Base 500 no window.
image.png

Soldato
Good luck, my TUF was *awful* !!!

Thanks my friend, your words grant me great comfort during this difficult time.

My last one was usually silent apart from RDR2. It didn't clock too high so I thought I'd have a roll of the dice!

Edit; Was yours near launch? ASUS says they are using quieter capacitors these days.

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Yes they are needed with these latest cards, even with the FEs now whereas on 30 series the FE got away with it due to the smaller coolers whereas the 40 series coolers are much larger for the 4080/90 across the board.

You don't need fan mounts, the brackets are siple telescopic stands that are magnetic and sit on your case floor.

The cards come with them too now.

Last edited:
Associate
Yes they are needed with these latest cards, even with the FEs now whereas on 30 series the FE got away with it due to the smaller coolers whereas the 40 series coolers are much larger for the 4080/90 across the board.

You don't need fan mounts, the brackets are siple telescopic stands that are magnetic and sit on your case floor.

The cards come with them too now.

Oh, ok. Thanks. I assumed that used fan mounts. Not free standing.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Some AIB cards might come with fan mount brackets to hold the card, free standing poles though as the most efficient and logical method as they work universally.

Back
Top Bottom