• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Ada Lovelace RTX 4090 Owners Thread

Soldato
The free standing ones fragile or the fan mount ones?
sn2clrw73ww61.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Free standing. Surely if you ever move the case it needs resetting?
Are you moving the case using a dune buggy? :p

The free standing ones won't move unless forced. The one that comes with the Zotac has rubber anti slip pads on each end, and is magnetic on the base, the arm that can be tightened is locked in place with some contact friction so simply won't move unless you physically grab it and yank.

Associate

The free standing ones won't move unless forced. The one that comes with the Zotac has rubber anti slip pads on each end, and is magnetic on the base, the arm that can be tightened is locked in place with some contact friction so simply won't move unless you physically grab it and yank.

Good to know. Thank you.

Reactions: mrk

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I'm just editing some photos, not exporting or batch processing, just single editing and looking at task manager, I can see over 15GB of VRAM in use. That's rathe rinsane but of course if the VRAM is available, then the app will use it of course. What's interesting is that if I had the 3080 Ti FE still, then the spillover would have gone to system RAM, and currently 38GB of system RAM is being used by Lightroom too, again, just editing photos and not running an intensive task in itself. I'd likely also be seeing some pagefile usage as a result of the extra RAM being used and Windows needs to poll some data to pagefile since I have only 64GB of RAM. Current PF usage is 0.2%:

u30oi4R.png

Quite interesting seeing how productivity has shifted into this level of speed and efficiency thanks to the 24GB of VRAM.

Associate
Hi, I just sold my 4080 FE to a friend and got one of the new Asus TUF 4090 OG models (uses the 3090 cooler so is a bit thinner and shorter). It only cost me €1500 new (most 4090s are still selling for €1800 over here in Switzerland and Germany).

I am following the advice of Der Bauer and running it at 80% power limit in Afterburner and getting 97% of the performance of a 110% power limit whilst only using around 360W vs 450W. Thus my case and room stay cooler in summer and I get great perfomance all the same.

Associate
Hi, I just sold my 4080 FE to a friend and got one of the new Asus TUF 4090 OG models (uses the 3090 cooler so is a bit thinner and shorter). It only cost me €1500 new (most 4090s are still selling for €1800 over here in Switzerland and Germany).

I am following the advice of Der Bauer and running it at 80% power limit in Afterburner and getting 97% of the performance of a 110% power limit whilst only using around 360W vs 450W. Thus my case and room stay cooler in summer and I get great perfomance all the same.

Nice trade up!

Associate

Associate

The 29000 score is at 80% power limit, 80C, the 30000 score is at 110% power limit, 88C :p

Scores could be higher as I ran these with my CPU downclocked and temperature limited for summer (my room gets pretty warm)

Last edited:
Soldato
I've joined the club but I need to solve my 12VHPWR cable issue.

My case is the Lian-Li Dynamics 011D which is very common, and I love the case so would be reluctant to go through the hassle of changing it.

The 4090 FE is the one I have, there is maybe 20mm clearance to the glass panel (which is currently off) which is less than the spec of 35mm they recommend before you start bending the cable near the GPU connector.

Best solutions? I can live for a bit with side panel off.

Ask Seasonic where the right angle cable version is? I saw they apparently released something but OCUK only sold the straight connector version.

Look at Cablemod right angle connector? Not cheap at around £40 on OCUK as far as I can see with limited function.

Look at vertical GPU mount options? I saw these exist but haven't looked into how good they are. A little more expensive than the Cablemod adaptor but I suppose vertical GPU mount thing should always be useful for this GPU + whatever I get next.

Risk bending the cable? Given the melting stuff I doubt this is a good idea.

Associate

Answer to this problem is to vertically mount your cards. Sag gone, aesthetically looks better.
URWCvb8.jpg

Soldato
Answer to this problem is to vertically mount your cards. Sag gone, aesthetically looks better.
URWCvb8.jpg

Which vertical mount did you get?

How is the ram clearance?

Looks like same case as mine. My RAM is taller than usual stuff with heat spreaders on it.

Don't get sagging at all with the fe 4090 but the cable clearance isnt much good with the side panel when it's horizontal.

Associate
Which vertical mount did you get?

How is the ram clearance?

Looks like same case as mine. My RAM is taller than usual stuff with heat spreaders on it.

Don't get sagging at all with the fe 4090 but the cable clearance isnt much good with the side panel when it's horizontal.
Coolermaster V3 in Lian Li Evo.

Tried the official mount but there was sag and found the Coolermaster so much better and more rigid.

Plenty of space between top of gpu and ram as the mount can be moved out towards the main glass window to allow clearance of the ram/aio etc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom