The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
lol sorry i just wanted to troll at least one over enthusiastic gun guy.

It's an old antique deactivated shotgun that was on the wall at a cottage we stayed at once

Last edited:
Soldato
Dan87, that has to be the most retarded post I've ever seen.. :(

If someone saw you through those curtains... your chancing ending up with a Rapid Response Police unit outside pointing submachine guns at you.. do you realy want that to happen? :p

Associate
it was secluded cottage.

we were drunk, on holiday, and having a laugh

there was a antique shotgun on the wall.

end of story.

Soldato
Come on, a totally deactivated shotgun? I don't see the outrage. It's not even a gun anymore at all.

The Law however, sees it different to you. There's no distinction made between real and imiation firearms.

Dan87 - Troll, yep. Idiot, yep. Anyone seeing those pictures may presume it isn't de-activated.

Soldato
Dan was sily enough to point it at people .. Do you think he is clever enough to "know" its a deac?

The point is i always know when my gun is unloaded . but i would never ever point it at someone . Its bad practice . Dosent matter if its a toy/real/deac/air rifle and no matter if you have checked 20 times you never ever point a gun at someone .

Even my kids who dont shoot but have been round guns all there life know not to mess about with guns . Even toys .. But unless you shoot i guess some people dont see the harm . But maybe tell that to my 1 legged shooting buddy or my brother in law who was shot in the shoulder with an unloaded firearm .

Persil

Soldato
Yup, the only time you point a gun at something is when you're about to shoot it.

'Larking' about with firearms, shotguns, air rifles or deacts is a great way to have an accident. Either that or find yourself on the wrong end of an MP5 with a guy squeezing the trigger who will shoot you for real if he even thinks you might point that thing at him or anyone else. Might be all fun and games until you end up all full of holes and dead - they don't shoot to wound you know.

Dan, folks who shoot are not 'over-enthusiastic gun guys' else they wouldn't be granted FAC or SGC. Only children make the assumption that guns are toys; they most certainly are not. Heed a little friendly advice fella, and don't **** about with firearms, eh? ;)

Associate
Dan was sily enough to point it at people .. Do you think he is clever enough to "know" its a deac?

You're on holiday, had a great night out and are drunk. you come back to your holiday cottage and carry on drinking. you go into the living room and there is an antique shotgun on the wall, you look at it, and can see that's it's very old, the pins are both broken and old looking... and wait.... It's hanging on the frigging wall at your holiday cottage.... Common sense suddenly kicks in 'the landlord wouldn't put a loaded real shotgun on a wall at a holiday cottage would he?'.. Of course he ****ing wouldn't for christs sake... It's obviously deactivated... We're not going to leave it there are we? it's a massive shotgun :D it obviously doesn't work, we're young and ****ed - If we didn't **** around with the antique shotgun I'd be worried about us as humans.
is that you in your sig?

Yup, the only time you point a gun at something is when you're about to shoot it.

'Larking' about with firearms, shotguns, air rifles or deacts is a great way to have an accident. Either that or find yourself on the wrong end of an MP5 with a guy squeezing the trigger who will shoot you for real if he even thinks you might point that thing at him or anyone else. Might be all fun and games until you end up all full of holes and dead - they don't shoot to wound you know.

Dan, folks who shoot are not 'over-enthusiastic gun guys' else they wouldn't be granted FAC or SGC. Only children make the assumption that guns are toys; they most certainly are not. Heed a little friendly advice fella, and don't **** about with firearms, eh?

you're taking this all way to seriously and giving a reply i expected before i'd even told you it was deactivated X-D

ahh of course the old FAC and SGC :/

Soldato
My sister and husband were comming back from town . Both had a skinfull so were messing about .
My sister knows the guard on duty so ask for his gun (Army base in germany) Now the guns should never be loaded . There checked every change over . signed in and out etc etc .. she takes aim at him over 100 yards away . and pops a lovely hole in his shoulder . Now it Should not have been loaded.. It should have been checked (by 2 people) he should not have given her his gun .

Yes the chances are the shotgun is a deac . BUT is it worth the risk . Us gun owners may seem abit anal about it all but its not worth the risk even if you know its safe .

Persil

Soldato
Ahhh this reminds me of those conkers I collected a few months ago - they must be rock solid by now - perfect for some target shooting.

And yea I certainly wouldn't go touching a shotgun I saw on the wall - even if I could see without touching it that it wasn't loaded.

Specially as it doesn't belong to you - fair enough if it was yours but who knows what it's been used for or what state it's in!

Soldato
bit of a thread revival guys as i need some advice on a night lamp, been looking at the tracer stinger or the LEDray GL4 both of them the same in style just wondering if any one has one of the mentioned lamps, got a 50mm scope so the 2 above should be ok, its to be used on a bsa ultra

Soldato
I have the tracer stinger...
pro: it's light and has a funky remote push-switch
con: batteries don't last long
pro: for what it is it is massively bright
con: there's only one brightness setting
pro: it has a flip-up filter
con: the filter ain't all that great with its spring loading
small con: I had some issues with the switch not working - you'd use it for about 5 minutes then it would just stop, then it would be fine, then it would stop. It was really cold and raining though.
Big Con: the mounting bracket can't be attached without removing my scope (I use a 1 piece dampa-mount on my theoben) it works ok on the webley though as that has 2 piece mounts with plenty of clearance between the scope tube and the top of the cylinder.

Were I to choose again I'd look at a Tracer Atom or an LED variant (tracer tri-star perhaps) Don't get me wrong the stinger is a great little bit of kit for ratting but it's just not a flexible as some of the others.

Soldato
Got a gl5 myself but it was far too big and heavy for my hw77...threw the zero way off.

Plus it broke...1st normal switch died then stopped working with the pressure switch so not sure if its the switch or light :(

Wish i had got the gl4 instead due to size.

Back
Top Bottom