The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

I wouldn't be Rambo. To much boobs an arse. I expect to be the next ruler of England. Via a revolution via a civil war. I shall be Boudicca

:rolleyes:

I said Ramboesque thereby implying an attitude not a sexual orientation. Anyway I CBA to argue since I have work tomorrow so need my sleep.

I think that if it is only target shooting you are interested in you do not need to go down the FAC route. Air rifles (I THINK) are more challenging in ft shooting because of the more variables that affect a legal (under 12 ft pounds) rifle ie wind,weather conditions,pellet choice. but everyone to their own. if thats what you want go for it.

I'd like to have a go at HFT as well but i like the idea of target shooting from long ranges.

I'm not sure how long the range is but i wouldn't have a chance of hitting a target with my air rifle, its over 100m long from what i can remember.

Do you just need a FAC to own a firearm or do you also need one to fire one with the owners permission? If they had guns there that you can rent out I'd be happy to do that. That way i could see if i enjoy it.

Ft rarely shoot over 60m and normally 50 or less . 22 rimmy does 25/50/100m and if you join a club you can use a club gun and normally after 3/6 months and if yer accepted for membership you can apply for a fac for a target rifle . If you want a hunting rifle as well you need to supply written proof of the land you want to shoot on and if it has no permission on it already it will have to be inspected to make sure its safe for the caliber of rifle you have requested .

Most people start with .22 rimfire but depending on yer local force they may recomend .17hmr (much better round imho) Also apply for a co-terminus ticket so you can get a shotgun as well as saves abit of cash and hassle .

Obviously you will require an approved cabinet with a seperate lockable ammo cabinet (either in the gun cabinet or seperate ) which must be secured to a solid brick wall and out of general view .

Persil

Do you just need a FAC to own a firearm or do you also need one to fire one with the owners permission? If they had guns there that you can rent out I'd be happy to do that. That way i could see if i enjoy it.

You need an FAC to fire one, even when using a firearm owned by someone holding the licence

A shotgun licence is what your thinking of, you can fire a shotgun as long as the person holding the licence is with you and also owns the shotgun

.17hmr is defenatly the better round, most effective :) better range, no riccoches and they can certainly get the job done :p

Iv fired a few .22lr's, not bad guns but the range and riccoches put me off.

Iv got a youtube vid of me firing at some targets in the distance (note that the bike you can hear was 2 fields behind me, also there was hill at the other end of where I was shooting behind the bushes) to act as a backstop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf4U42XMYM

.17hmr is defenatly the better round, most effective :) better range, no riccoches and they can certainly get the job done :p

Iv fired a few .22lr's, not bad guns but the range and riccoches put me off.

Iv got a youtube vid of me firing at some targets in the distance (note that the bike you can hear was 2 fields behind me, also there was hill at the other end of where I was shooting behind the bushes) to act as a backstop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mf4U42XMYM

Love that sound:cool:.

You need an FAC to fire one, even when using a firearm owned by someone holding the licence

A shotgun licence is what your thinking of, you can fire a shotgun as long as the person holding the licence is with you and also owns the shotgun

Sorry but you are wrong . You do not need a fac to fire a rifle . As long as the owner of the rifle is with you you can use a fac weapon . But you can not borrow a rifle even if you have a fac (silly law) Unlike a shotgun which you can lend out to anyone with a shotgun cert . There is also no limit o how many shotguns you own .

Persil

CZ 452 American .17HMR/Harris Bipod/Simmonds WTC 6.5-20 X 50/SAK Modorator

Also had a Lanber 12bore o/u field delux shotgun

Havnt had an air rifle in years

Got that exact rifle with a harris bipod and parker hale sound mod. Excellent bit of kit arnt they? Certainly keeps the rabbits at bay ;) Got a .223 as well, but much prefer the HMR.

is there anything remaining of the rabbit after been hit by that, seen some rabbits get headshots with a 22 rimmie and have no head afterwards
With .17hmr if anything but a head shot it totaly ruins it . Had 1-2 where it turns it inside out .243 tends to vapourise them even at 400 yards :P

Persil

Sorry but you are wrong . You do not need a fac to fire a rifle . As long as the owner of the rifle is with you you can use a fac weapon . But you can not borrow a rifle even if you have a fac (silly law) Unlike a shotgun which you can lend out to anyone with a shotgun cert . There is also no limit o how many shotguns you own .

Persil

Caveat:
As long as that person is the lawful owner (or servant of the owner ie. Gamekeeper etc) of the land you are shooting over ;)

Having sole permission to shoot is enough to allow someone to use your gun . But must stay in earshot/sight . Tbh the whole using someones gun is a sham . I own a .17hmr . My shooting budy has one on his ticket but no gun . But he cant borrow it only use it when im there which is abit daft .

But lots of firearm laws dont make sence .

Persil

Dad's just got hold of an unused Air Arms S410 1.77 Carbine, with additional silencer and Hawk mil-dot scope plus case for £150 :D :D :D

I can easily get hold of a dive bottle so don't need that and my dad has a compressor in work so filling won't be a problem.

Just trying to sort out a charging kit, best kit I've found is £50 for a 300 bar one, is that a good price?

A joke I hope. (Sorry but I'm rather sensitive about the proper use of firearms) :rolleyes:

OH HAI

10633_264342690095_741400095_9154355_919162_n.jpg
10633_264328835095_741400095_9154207_6994865_n.jpg

10633_264325790095_741400095_9154173_1329892_n.jpg
10633_264322295095_741400095_9154143_5976447_n.jpg

You are a complete bunch of morons. You never EVER point a firearm at someone else, even if it's unloaded. I hope that's either a replica or a deactivated shotgun, because if it isn't and you're a license holder you would have it removed quicker than you could imagine if the your local police firearms unit saw that photo. And if you are, that's a major worry in itself because you have access to a real firearm.

Back
Top Bottom