The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
Sorry is that a .22 rimfire:confused:

its a .17hmr rimfire, CZ American .452 22" barrel, Simmonds whitetail classic scope ordered from america. And yes, when I had it I held it legally (licenced). I got rid of it though unfortunatly as I needed to fund something, felt like crying when it left :( I still have my shotgun licence though.

I chose this because .22lr are quite prone to riccoches plus with the .17hmr you get that extra range,

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, its a .17hmr, CZ American .452 22" barrel, Simmonds whitetail classic scope ordered from america. And yes, when I had it I held it legally (licenced). I got rid of it though unfortunatly as I needed to fund something, felt like crying when it left :( I still have my shotgun licence though.

Oh right, Simmonds make a nice scope don't they:cool:.

Soldato
Simmonds do make nice scopes :) I was lucky to find a good contact over in America, at the time they didnt stock these scopes in the UK but it cost me £110, which if it were over here in the UK would have cost ~£200.

Harris bipod is deffo a must :)

Andy M W, what you mean wrong picture?

Associate
Cant argue with 12 bore, great fun either hunting or clays, but although the stoping power is lost with air rifles the element of stealth and accuracy brings a different dimension to hunting .Ithink so anyway. PS i didnt mean to be abrupt or cocky

Soldato
I really want to get a proper rifle and get into target shooting. There is a rifle range 2 mins from me and i can hear them shooting from my house every weekend. I think I'll go down tomorrow and find out about joining up and then if i enjoy it possibly get a FAC and my own rifle. Ive been wanting to do this ever since i had a go of my uncles rifle years ago. So much better than an air rifle :D.

Soldato
12 Bores are great fun :) Used to love sitting in a hide on a nice warm summers evening waiting for pigeons to come into the decoys, having that perfect shot :p

Associate
I think that if it is only target shooting you are interested in you do not need to go down the FAC route. Air rifles (I THINK) are more challenging in ft shooting because of the more variables that affect a legal (under 12 ft pounds) rifle ie wind,weather conditions,pellet choice. but everyone to their own. if thats what you want go for it.

Associate
I think that if it is only target shooting you are interested in you do not need to go down the FAC route. Air rifles (I THINK) are more challenging in ft shooting because of the more variables that affect a legal (under 12 ft pounds) rifle ie wind,weather conditions,pellet choice. but everyone to their own. if thats what you want go for it.

If your only doing Target or HFT/FT then you must stick with sub 12ft/lbf as all competition requires this and 99% of airgun ranges are not cleared for FAC use.

The magical qualities of FAC air can be overestimated by lots of people as well. Fieldcraft is just, if not more important than having a .22 @ 40ft/lbf winging its way to your target.

For the record current guns are an Air Arms Prosport (.177) with a Bonnie & Clyde tune and a Daystate MK4 (.177)
edit/ Oops I forgot HW40 and 92fs pistols as well.

Last edited:
Associate
Yeah DJMK4 It is nice on a warm night but i must say that i used to find it quite as satisfying hunting on a cold damp sunday morning now and then too

Associate
Airrifles over 12ft/lbs in power require a Firearms certificate (FAC). Air pistols over 6ft/lbs require a FAC. If you don't have a FAC and your pistol is over 6ft/lbs power, the penalty is quite serious - 9 months in jail!

'Cos I'm a stickler for this and no one has corrected it (that I can see)

Air pistols over 6 ft/lbf are actually designated under the 1968 firearms act as "Specially dangerous" are are not licensable at all. The minimum jail term for possession is afaik 5 years (not that this is ever given)

Permabanned
zmd-condor-airforce.jpg

They are good fun!

Associate
No. A shotgun would suit me. I have times when I abor killing. I am against war. But chavs, would just be like deer hunting. Except deers are more intelligent and I don't believe in killing them either

Associate
Quite right sp!ke, I chrono my rifle every time before i go out , and every time i change pellet selection,shoot around ten pellets and make sure you are legal because there is only one loser if you are over the 12ft/lb limit (rifles)

Associate
No. A shotgun would suit me. I have times when I abor killing. I am against war. But chavs, would just be like deer hunting. Except deers are more intelligent and I don't believe in killing them either

Do me a favour then, please do not join any shooting club or forums as the last thing the shooting community needs are Ramboesque eejits.

Sp!

Back
Top Bottom