The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Soldato
Very concerning behaviour, they should know better, especially being fac holders. Thankfully not had anything like that at the clubs I’ve joined
Comically that firearms club is the name sake of the range I goto but got kicked out of it years ago after a falling out and shoot out of a different range now. The range i attend, as per the pic above, everyone there is responsible and not weird. The range and club i left, the guy that runs that is an RFD so that alongside the whatsapp behaviour is a bit bizarre.

Soldato
Pic from a few weeks ago after i was setting up the scope

XWFve0u.png

Good place to setup the rifle/scope.... Cant beat a bit of cross winds in comps though. Fire your shot and the target 3 lanes over goes down :cry:

Last edited:
Soldato
Where the targets are and further back.
I ask as I’ve started using my cheapy Gamo Phox again and wanted an idea of what distances you guys set the targets.
Typically we hang paper targets at 30 or 40m. I've current got my zero at 30m, reactive/ knockdown targets are mainly set at 20m to 60m with the bulk at 30-50m with a few set at 70m. The range of the range is 120m and the holdover for that range is mental. Everything is set at 10m increments

Last edited:
Soldato
I grew up with a decent outdoor range nearby and fortunately live near a small indoor range, so as a family, we all shoot. The wife has a little Uragan 2 Compact, daughter has a customised HW100 bullpup conversion, son tends to use my MK1 Cricket and I have a MK2 Impact and Leshiy amongst a few others. People sometimes have preconceptions about shooting sports, so occasionally I arrange for a group to come along and have a go for an hour, I supply the kit and they see what it's actually like vs what they think. This is much to the amusement of my RO, and last time as the numbers kept climbing from 2 to 6 he joked I was going to run out of guns, I had to reassure him that wasn't going to be a problem any time soon, but if he had any spare cases to transport them in, I wouldn't say no :cry: I've just started to get back into informal 10m pistol shooting, but it's fair to say i'm below average on a good day at this point :D

That's pretty good going I wasn't aware they're using the same cylinder, I've not used mine in a long time but I'm pretty sure I was only getting 60-75 out of it.

They don't, they're two different parts and not interchangeable afaik. Ratworks and HW100 Tuning do lighter/bigger cylinders, the RW unit is alloy, HW100 Tuning do a titanium version, both can improve shot count as they're slightly bigger, the standard HW100 cylinder also weighs a ton. I would strongly suggest not buying an A&M cylinder, they have a 'safety feature' that is designed to vent excess pressure (remember, we're talking 200bar+ here) through a weakened section of the aluminium cylinder wall, if that sounds insane, it's because it is, nobody designs pressure vessels like that, and examples exist of this randomly failing and A&M just ask you to pay to replace it.

Last edited:
Associate
So the neighbour has started picking off the local pigeons by leaving bait in their garden to attract them down off roofs/fences/trees. I'm not upset because they're something of a menace and make a hell of a mess down the fences they sit on.

But...

Are they allowed to just cull them? It's a matter of curiosity for me as I didn't think you could do stuff like that in a residential garden? He's shooting them on the ground so not worried about a stray pellet.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the neighbour has started picking off the local pigeons by leaving bait in their garden to attract them down off roofs/fences/trees. I'm not upset because they're something of a menace and make a hell of a mess down the fences they sit on.

But...

Are they allowed to just cull them? It's a matter of curiosity for me as I didn't think you could do stuff like that in a residential garden? He's shooting them on the ground so not worried about a stray pellet.
The general licence would apply, while under certain circumstances it is permissible to cull pigeons and other types of birds, it’s only possible under certain circumstances that I would be hard pressed to see applying in a residential garden.

Historically, it was permissible, but hasn’t been for quite some time.

Soldato

But...

Best advice, enjoy your life and don't worry about what your neighbour is doing if it isn't affecting you.

Associate
Best advice, enjoy your life and don't worry about what your neighbour is doing if it isn't affecting you.

We get on well, I don't want him ending up with armed police at his door because one of the other neighbours reports him... So thought I'd check and if he's falling foul of something have a quiet word before it all goes wrong.

Back
Top Bottom