The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Miss my air guns !
Looked recently and clearly should have kept them. Holy crap the cost now is a joke.
Daystate, FWB601, many FWB300s (loved taken them to bits, new seals, grease and as good as new (built like tanks)). A really nice double set trigger Walther 55 and many more.

GUTTED I sold them all and given prices now no chance I would get into the sport now.

@Johnny 7 - what a blast from the past on some of them... Recognise the Daystate Huntsman, Theoben and the wacky Gunpower Stealths from when I was a kid :cool:

I love the Stealth, So simple and easy to do stuff with!

Here's a couple more..

Two Chinese B45-3 multipump pneumatic rifles, These are getting quite rare now as they were so cheap that they became throwaway guns when anything went wrong with them, Also, SMK wouldn't sell spares for them!
wsZjhnC.jpg

Webley Falcon break barrel in .22" cal
rSCHd03.jpg

BSA Superstar in .25" cal
yzmMKT9.jpg

Webley Hawk mk1, These have removable barrels and came in No1 and No2 bore, I only have one barrel, Can't recall which cal.
8M4k40k.jpg

Phanton Gunmark in 5.5mm cal
piLQ6mp.jpg

BSA Cadet Major..
ED8O1wH.jpg

Webley Nemesis single srtoke pneumatic..
j8zeP6h.jpg

Healthways Plainsman .175 (4,4mm) Lead shot and a smaller 8g Co2 'Soda water' syphon caplet powers it, There's a power screw at the base of the grip that gives three power levels.
lXmHdQz.jpg

A couple of Jackals, Top one is Air Arms Combat, Bottom one is the older Sussex Armouries Hi Power.
KW93Y5f.jpg

A couple of Crosman Co2 pistols (E9a at top and 2240 at bottom.)
lpg753c.jpg

A mk2 Airsporter that I bought earlier this year.
oyiPFrb.jpg

1939 BSA Break barrel pattern
VMI9H9r.jpg

Cheapo Swiss Arms 1911..
cugxNnQ.jpg

It's quite powerful though as it goes through both sides of a washed out bean can!!
vej2XeJ.jpg

Russian Co2 powered Baikal Drozd, Apparently 'Drozd' means bumblebee, The first guns were yellow!, This is classed as a pistol so can't be more powerful than 6ft lbs, Also, It has an electronic trigger that takes four AA batteries but they have to be inserted the wrong way round for it to work!!
zJjE6TY.jpg

Another couple of Ruskies, Baikal Makarov in Blue and one in Nickel along with a Luger P08 Parabellum, These Mak's uses many of the same parts that the 9mm live shooter does!
9IZrsTM.jpg

Another Baikal (MP651k) This shoots either pellets or BB's, They come with two different mags, One for each projectile
giviWU9.jpg

Relum Jelly (It says Telly on the badge but the T looks like a J so everyone calls them the Relum Jelly)
LchrPk0.jpg

Nagant revolver with the Po8 already shown..
slw3qIP.jpg

Original mod50, I swapped a Bonsai tree for this!
1z8DpGb.jpg

BSA Ultra Multi..
TDAALo8.jpg

This young fella in the remote Highlands was really struggling with the heavy old Original mod50 so I swapped a Crosman King Ratcatcher for it (By post), His dad who I did the deal with sent pics of hime not struggling with the ratty and bringing game home for the table!, His dad was a diver on the oil rigs.
Lk27MnD.jpg

And stalking with the Ratty!
ENFIysj.jpg

BSA Buccaneer that was developed from the BSA Scorpion in to a carbine, Not very common these days!
aXfzxMg.jpg

John

Last edited:
BSA Buccaneer that was developed from the BSA Scorpion in to a carbine, Not very common these days!
But used as the action for the Gamo Phox (and the many other names they sell the same thing under with a slightly different stock) etc.

But used as the action for the Gamo Phox (and the many other names they sell the same thing under with a slightly different stock) etc.
Hi Avalon, Both the Buccaneer and Scorpion I mentioned are older springers, This is the Scorpion that I meant
qQ4VNkR.jpg

The Bucc is a Carbine, Actually the same size as my Ultra Multi at one metre long (That's what the toolbox is)
SFhq9CG.jpg

I also have a Superten mk1, That's bigger/heavier than the Ultra, I love the little Ultra Multi best though!

It has the old steel bottle fitted in this pic that I took when i'd just bought the S10, I was told not to use the steel bottle as they're dfangerous and could blow at any minute!, I bought two aluminium bottles but when I looked into it the ally bottles gave more trouble than the steel ones with valves breaking in to tow, I couldn't find a single return about a steel bottle bursting!, I read they were coated on the inside to stop any rust forming!
CU2OyRT.jpg

Some pellets that I picked up through the years..
m0Kv7Uh.jpg

ofxjHKB.jpg

John :)

Hi Avalon, Both the Buccaneer and Scorpion I mentioned are older springers, This is the Scorpion that I meant

The Bucc is a Carbine, Actually the same size as my Ultra Multi at one metre long (That's what the toolbox is)
My mistake - I hadn't paid close enough attention to the photo and had forgotten that BSA produced both the Scorpion (aka Shadow when fitted with a shoulder stock), Buccaneer and Trooper in spring guise. The Scorpion and Buccaneer going on to be PCP's, with the latter becoming the Gamo Phox etc. With you on the Ultra's though, they're lovely little pointable things and an ideal field gun or for the smaller shooter, it's one of the few BSA's (other than a Scorpion in Union Jack stock) that i'd quite like to own from the modern era. A shame, as on paper, the CLX/R10/R12 should be great guns.

@Johnny 7 Well thats a coincidence. I just found my dads old rifle that I used to love shooting up at his house when I was a kid. He passed last year so I want to try and get it running again. I always thought it was a Webley as he always told me it was, but it looks identical to that Rellum Jelly you posted. I was just taking some pics to ask a guy on Youtube if he could identify it!

Its interesting as it has 2 mainsprings, one inside the other. Not sure if that was some mod done at some point to increase power, or it was standard...

UWnCe8E.jpeg

m4abxzd.jpeg

Edit: The piston seal has disintegrated :(.
Edit 2: Hmm, they still seem to do spares for these :eek: Is it a Relum Telly 200? Chambers seem to do a service kit with mainsprings (one inside the other appears to be correct) a breech seal and piston seal for £30 odd. Not too bad. I just need to check there isnt any corrosion inside the chamber or its not worth trying.
Edit 3: Sorry mods

*** not allowed ***

Last edited:
Bought this today, albeit not brand new but at a price I couldn't sniff at and with the saving I've made i can do the work i want to it and still have change left over against if I had bought it new.

x57LnDA.jpg

Bought the below as a package:

AirArms S410 .22 Pre-Anti Tamper
Nikko Sterling Mount Master 3-9x40 AO
Generic gun slip

Then grabbed a few tins of pellets for it, some AA Diablo Fields, H&N field Target Trophy and some EDGAR BROTHERS HiVel Pellets
A bit of a Necro and a story behind this. So i picked this up for £350 with all of the above. Scopes about £55, bag about £15 so the Rifle was prob about £280. It shot well and accurately but it had a small leak so other the space of a week it would lose all the air. I was tempted to try and service it and as i started to take it apart i decided it was probably better to have it done by someone who knows what they're doing.

I sent it to a gunsmith local to me who is apparently and AirArms certified servicing centre. Spent £90 for a general service during Covid and I picked it up once complete and took it down the range. First shots were nearly 15ftlbs making it essentially an illegal firearm when before the service it was about 10.5ftlbs. With it being pre-antitamper i was able to turn it down to within legal bounds. I ran it back over the chrono and it was shooting form 9ftlbs to 12ftlbs to 10.5ftlbs and it was all over the place. Not only that the pressure gauge was stuck at 130bar regardless of what pressure is in it. I spoke to the gunsmith who said it was fine when they handed it over to me which is obviously bull **** and he said he would have a look at it again but i wasnt prepared to let him mess with it again so it went in the cupboard as i was so ****** that he had ruined it and i sat as a paid silent club member at my range from mid 2021 to April 2024 when i picked up my HW110.

Getting my HW110 resparked my interest and joy in shooting again and i decided i could probably spend £200 trying to fix the S410 since i got it so cheap before it borders the territory of throwing good money after bad. I booked it in at Ratworks for £105 for a full service, to try and fix the rifles power issues, fix the stuck gauge and replace the T bar fill valve with a foster fitting i provided. I received an email from them the other day to say the service is done, the pressue gauge is working, the new fill valve is fitted and its shooting 11.18ftlbs with a 50 shot string showing only 5 fps variance which is pretty damn tight. Due to pick it up at the end of the month and hoping eveyrthing they're telling me is true!

Might have resurrected the S410, if so, i'll be VERY happy. I just pray this time what im being told is true!

What sort of ‘gunsmith’ doesn’t warrant the work they do and provide a chrono print out of a shot string showing the gun is both consistent and more importantly legal? Ratworks aren’t perhaps known as much for servicing/tuning AA, more BSA/Tench, but AA are pretty simple and not a lot has significantly changed on the platform in decades, so should get a decent result as long as you stick to the sweet spot.

What sort of ‘gunsmith’ doesn’t warrant the work they do and provide a chrono print out of a shot string showing the gun is both consistent and more importantly legal? Ratworks aren’t perhaps known as much for servicing/tuning AA, more BSA/Tench, but AA are pretty simple and not a lot has significantly changed on the platform in decades, so should get a decent result as long as you stick to the sweet spot.

Law about this stuff is horrifically vague but also quite clear that it's on your personal head as the owner if your gun is over the limit.

There are exactly zero standards, none at all, for measuring output. The police will confiscate all your air guns and send them to a private company for unspecified testing with the aim of seeing if any of them are "capable of" going over 12ftlb and there is at least one case of the tester mechanically interfering with a below limit rifle, causing it to go over and that was accepted.

The actual output will vary depending on the style but mostly weight of pellet being used. What good is a chronograph string of X pellet for legality. It can be proof of consistency but not legality. By the complete lack of standards, the testers could stuff a stick of lead in the barrel to see if comes out with over 12ftlb of energy. It's not even specified that it needs to be an airgun pellet!

Back
Top Bottom