The Air Rifles & Pistols thread

Associate
Got a new(2nd hand) scope for my rifle the other day, was delivered today.

Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10 x 50 made in the Philippines

20130211190350.jpg

20130211194035.jpg

20130211194045.jpg

Associate
Arek - what scope do you use on your TX200HC or do you use open sights?
I think he mentioned a Hawke earlier. Nothing about model though.

Personally I think he has either got a HW45 or has used one quite regularly as on the other site he mentions a problem with it which is quite a common one apparently.

Got a new(2nd hand) scope for my rifle the other day, was delivered today.

Simmons Whitetail Classic 3.5-10 x 50 made in the Philippines

That's the same one as I have one my Falcon. Great scope, really clear, I just decided I needed more aim points on the .22. Funnily enough the .177 only has a few aim points which would probably be covered by the 30-30 ret.

If it's not been done, you can quite easily change the distance the scope is focused to. I had a little problem with it not being in focus at close ranges so I refocused down to 30yards.

Soldato
Personally I think he has either got a HW45 or has used one quite regularly as on the other site he mentions a problem with it which is quite a common one apparently.

thriftyarek888 said:
Anyone looked closely at name of loctite221 name? Loc *** e ... Its like they are encouraging us to lock our hands on nice juicy and perky boobs. and 2+2+1 = 5 which is fife fingers, meaning a big size ***! Which in its self is a good idea. I mean its what i like doing quite often appreciating good size breasts.

:D I wonder how long it'll be before he's banned?

The problem with the safety does seem to be common, although I have never encountered it with mine. I just tightened the allen bolt up nice and tight and it has never come loose. As others in that thread suggested, a dab of loctite on the bolt and it will be fine.

Associate
Sadly i haven't had a chance to get a good look at it since its dark, cant really tell looking inside the house, but i'll have a wee shoot at the weekend. Gonna buy some wee bean bags to zero it too, since i've never been that great at zeroing haha. near the end of the year im hoping to have a springer again and possibly an r10 mk2 vc, haven't fully decided on that yet though.

Soldato
So I took my Hornet back to the shop today and they say their gunsmith will look at it free of charge, which is nice. Hopefully it'll be ready for Thursday night before I go back to Hull or I won't get another shoot until summer probably :(

Associate

Thanks for trying out the mobile app :) I think it's got great potential.

I have had a fun packed evening "messing" around with the chrony indoors. Unfortunately only 2 ! shots out of 20 recorded and In this respect take on board your advice regards lighting.

The other issue was positioning.... really need a rig for the gun as well as the lights.

Also...noise indoors even with the silencer :eek: The final straw was a couple of ricochet :rolleyes:: occuring when the co2 power dropped off!! (no damage and was wearing eye protection)

At the moment may end up selling and getting a crombo :(

Didn't realise how involved chrono's are.

Soldato
I've always found how compact the Combro's are to be a really good thing. They're a bit more fiddly to set up (i.e. just clamping to align with the bore correctly), but the fact that they'll happily work indoors or out, can be hooked up to a PC directly, and lobbed in a gun case is tremendous.

That said, be warned, you wouldn't be the first person to accidently shoot one by not clamping it to the barrel quite right!

Associate
So I took my Hornet back to the shop today and they say their gunsmith will look at it free of charge, which is nice. Hopefully it'll be ready for Thursday night before I go back to Hull or I won't get another shoot until summer probably :(

Good news then. I hope you get it back before you go.
if you are going back to uni, may I suggest a trigger lock or something to secure it in your room?
Police guidelines state that you have to take "reasonable" precautions to stop unauthorised people getting access to you gun.

Soldato
Good news then. I hope you get it back before you go.
if you are going back to uni, may I suggest a trigger lock or something to secure it in your room?
Police guidelines state that you have to take "reasonable" precautions to stop unauthorised people getting access to you gun.

I don't take it to uni with me but I have a flat to myself up there anyway :p

Back
Top Bottom