*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Soldato
[FnG]magnolia;19764062 said:
Guys, can I use an external hard drive with an Ipad 2? If not, is 16GB enough for watching films/TV, listening to music, ******* around on it or should I go for the 32GB? Ta.

Depends on how much music and films you have. What i do is store everything on my 1.5tb nas and then stream everything to the ipad, that way i save on space. Of course this is no good if i want to take it away from my wifi network.

Soldato
If you have a phone that can create a wifi network you do not need to get the 3G version of the iPad as you can just share your phones connection!

For this reason and cloud storage I just got the wifi 16gb version

This is the reason I went for the WiFi version... albeit my iPhone 3G doesn't offer this function, when I get a new phone it will.

At the end of the day, when out and about, where are you going to be with an iPad that you wouldn't have your phone with you, given that you can't make or receive calls on an iPad.

Caporegime
Just got my iPad 2, I can't believe i have waited this long, its awesome.

So far I have Worms HD, Beatwave and Flipboard - can anyone reccommend anything that I should try app wise? I don't need any office productivity, just fun/geek/game stuff

Download Army of Darkness, its free and one of the best games I've played on the Iphone, should be even better on the ipad.

I just got my Mrs an Ipad 1 off the refurb store as a present. She will use it a lot and for web browsing she does in the evening it makes more sense than a laptop.

Trouble is I like it so much I think there may be some fighting!

Although fitting a screen protector almost had me wanting to explode in frustration :D

Associate
I've got an iPad1 and want to know whether any users here can run the TuneIn Radio Ap and do another task like browse FlipBoard or Use Safari? I'm on iOS 4.3.3 and I thought these devices could multitask? Is it another version I need to be on?

Soldato
Will all new iPad 2 devices in Apple Stores come with 4.3.5? I really want to go and buy one this weekend but as per all of my iPhones i've owned, I'd like to jailbreak it which means I'd need it back on 4.3.3 to have it un-tethered

Associate
Hi guys, just managed to bag an Ipad 64gb 3G :D

I plan to use it mostly for video and music, just wondering what all you peeps use for converting movies to ipad etc.

I've got a shed load of MKV files that are HD

Back
Top Bottom