*** The all new Apple iPad thread - Keep all iPad stuff in here ***

Soldato
just ordered the 16gb from apple store and case and cam connection kit to be told the accesorries are not due till june and all items will be delivered together , yeah right they think i am waiting till june for ipad they can think a bloddy gain

Associate
I would strongly recommend you do not buy the Apple case!
One of the worst things is lack of a mechanism for keeping it closed, so it is free to open in your bag and let things scratch the screen.

I took mine straight back and got an 'Incase Convertible Book Jacket' which is much better in every way. There is a lot more choice now a month on but seriously do not buy the Apple case.

Associate
I would strongly recommend you do not buy the Apple case!
One of the worst things is lack of a mechanism for keeping it closed, so it is free to open in your bag and let things scratch the screen.

I took mine straight back and got an 'Incase Convertible Book Jacket' which is much better in every way. There is a lot more choice now a month on but seriously do not buy the Apple case.

i bought one, i might take your advice as i have an incase case for both my macbooks and they are perfect

Soldato
is anyone else getting a 16gb one how much do you think it will hold , are they upgradable? will it only play movies downloaded from itunes or can a connect a usb lead a load in avi movies to watch?

I have a 16GB. You can put your own movies on it so long as they are m4v/mp4 format.
If you do naughty things you can apparently use external storage, dunno if that is for video too though.

Soldato
So i know someone going to america soon and i was wondering if someone could tell me the price in £ of a 16gb ipad wifi inc all the taxes etc they add in USA?
Just so i know if i can afford a few accessories etc

Soldato
^^Looks really nice....How much is that if you dont mind me asking.....
I will try again:
So i know someone going to america soon and i was wondering if someone could tell me the price in £ of a 16gb ipad wifi inc all the taxes etc they add in USA?
Thanks to anyone who can help

Soldato
^^Looks really nice....How much is that if you dont mind me asking.....
$40 (+ tax) in any Fossil retail store! :cool: Bargains!

Thanks to anyone who can help
It depends where in the USA. There's state tax and then city tax. For example I know the $829 64GB 3G is $893.25 in Raleigh North Carolina.

On Wikipedia there is a whole list of the percentages if you want to do the maths, but when I was looking up the price of a 64GB 3G I CBA with the maths so I did it on the Apple website. Go to the Apple USA website and add it to your cart, then give it the address of a hotel in that city for billing/delivery. It will calculate the tax perfectly. :)

Soldato
Oh ok thanks a lot mate.....Ok so do i have to pay the tax if buying in store? if so is there any other costs i need to be aware of?

Last edited:
Associate
Oh ok thanks a lot mate.....Ok so do i have to pay the tax if buying in store? if so is there any other costs i need to be aware of?
Yes, you'll have to pay that tax when buying in store. And in theory you will also need to pay import duties/VAT when you bring it back into the UK. Though it's not exactly something that Customs will notice weighing you down as you go through the "Nothing to declare" section.

Soldato
Ok thanks mate, So a 16gb Wifi seems to work out at £355 which seems great.
Now i know the DODOcase is recommended but there is a wait on them so is there any case which is readily avaliable which is recommended?

Back
Top Bottom