Poll: ***The all new gymrats thread***

Do we archive this thread and start a new one for 2010?

• Yeah good idea.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Nah I'm happy with this one.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flavoured?
Also I'd just try most flavoured protein or try mix in extra fruit like bananas/strawberries you're not drinking them for taste, it's fuel.

at that price, unflavored.
But it's instantised, comes with certificate of analysys and everything and mixes really great. I just flavor it myself with a teaspoon of cocoa.:D

When I buy it I go for a minimum of 90% sure it costs a bit more but the amino acid profile is better as is the ratio of BCAA and EAAs typically. But since 2.5kg lasts me 3-4 months it's not the end of the world! :p

J.T

If i was you i would start the diet shake up by eating carbs pre workout, your not eatin anything pre training...?

also, 9pm, change that for a meal, your going from around 5:30 - 6am with no decent food in you.

personally i'd sign up somewhere like muscletalk and post your diet in the diet section along with your stats for some decent advice.
also search for the meal plan site... very good for giving a rough idea for many different lifestyles.

Adding an intense 15-20mins after a workout is fine if you can keep the intensity up. Else, going on your "off" days is also good. Whereas weights really rip your body to shreds, cardio whilst exhausting puts less strain on your body in general. Going for a long job will not affect your bulking - if it does, you're doing it wrong ;)

Welcome to the forums. :)

Thanks, I tried adding pressups to the end of yesterday's session but didn't anticipate how exhausted I would end up being before I even started them. Clearly cardio' is an area I really need to work on. :D

no not in the slightest, anything that keeps the heart rate up can be deemed cardio vascular, hence why circuits are great (bit of weights while moving around keeping the heart rate up).

can you do pressups for 25-30 mins though, at a pace that keeps the heart rate up? i would bet not, especially after a weights session :p

cardio doesnt also need to be long distance related. HIIT would be done over a shorter distance than steady state (in terms of equal kcals burned per session)

can you do pressups for 25-30 mins though, at a pace that keeps the heart rate up? i would bet not, especially after a weights session :p

You're right, I probably couldn't even run for that length of time. :p

Anyway, thanks for the advice I may have to look into taking up a new activity later this year to start off.

J.T

If i was you i would start the diet shake up by eating carbs pre workout, your not eatin anything pre training...?

also, 9pm, change that for a meal, your going from around 5:30 - 6am with no decent food in you.

personally i'd sign up somewhere like muscletalk and post your diet in the diet section along with your stats for some decent advice.
also search for the meal plan site... very good for giving a rough idea for many different lifestyles.

Whilst I agree that somewhere like MT is likely to have more "experts" what makes you think that those of us in the sport don't know what we're talking about? :p

Whilst we may be far away from a sports community we have our fair share of experience here! ;)

Freefaller, im not saying people here dont have experience, so please dont take it that way... however, here its all in one thread. on a dedicated training forum he would have his own thread where people can analyse his situation better.

It would be difficult for me, or others here to ask questions and help him more specifically between other people posting about thier routines, and other gym related postings.

unless maybe you, or another could start a dedicated diet/nutrition sticky thread or something maybe? just a thought.

Thanks again for all the advice (and links) guys. :)

Just for giggles I will post my current stats (all cold not pumped!) below.

Height - 5’7” and a little bit….
Weight – 13.5 stone (85KG)
Chest – 43.5
Arms – 14.5 (yes very small I know! This is my main weak point)
Forearms – 13.5
Waist – 32
Thighs – 23.5 (my strongest part)
Calf – 17 (I’m pretty proud of these)

Please feel free to laugh and point.

Freefaller, im not saying people here dont have experience, so please dont take it that way... however, here its all in one thread. on a dedicated training forum he would have his own thread where people can analyse his situation better.

It would be difficult for me, or others here to ask questions and help him more specifically between other people posting about thier routines, and other gym related postings.

unless maybe you, or another could start a dedicated diet/nutrition sticky thread or something maybe? just a thought.

No no I wasn't being offended - it was a bit of a tongue-in-cheek comment :p I'm a member of a few other sports and bodybuilding related forums myself, and whilst I agree a lot of them offer a lot of advice, a lot of them spout regurgitated crap that is a bunch of rubbish. Admittedly we get the same here. I'm just very selective on what people should listen to and what advice they should get.

Thanks again for all the advice (and links) guys. :)

Just for giggles I will post my current stats (all cold not pumped!) below.

Height - 5’7” and a little bit….
Weight – 13.5 stone (85KG)
Chest – 43.5
Arms – 14.5 (yes very small I know! This is my main weak point)
Forearms – 13.5
Waist – 32
Thighs – 23.5 (my strongest part)
Calf – 17 (I’m pretty proud of these)

Please feel free to laugh and point.

Nothing to be ashamed about those stats aren't bad at all to be honest. Great calves, nice small waist, not bad sized legs, and your chest is pretty broad too IMO. Anything over 42" for chest I consider "big" :) You're quite short though so probably look pretty stocky.

Thanks FF.

I actually don't look that stocky, or at least I don’t think I do but that could be down to what you guys were talking about in the other thread where you look at yourself and don't think you look very big at all.

I will try and post some pics at the weekend in the bodybuilding thread, if I can pluck up the courage! LOL

I am having real trouble getting anything extra out of my biceps/triceps which really gets me down at times. :(

I hate pics of me, but I've posted them up :) But take your time mate, and no one will take the mickey, and if they do they can spend soem time away from the forum ;) I want these threads for people to support one another not destroy one another. :)

14.5 is not small for biceps.

Jonny, being long limbed doesn't help, but when you flex, you will have more muscle will ball up at a peak. I'm realtively long limbed for my height, but still managed to achieve 17.5" - it takes time though and it can happen without training them that hard. I train them once every couple of weeks!

How much do you db curl if you don't mind me asking?

My biceps are only 13.5 " :(

Does your height/limb length make much of a difference to this, I'm 6ft 2" and pretty long armed.

Don't mind at all.

3 sets of 8 to 10 reps starting at 18KG then 20KG then 22KG, I do have to cheat a little at 22KG on the last couple of reps though if I’m honest.

I have no idea if these weights are any good, I'm sure FF and the others will be curling a hell of a lot more than this for more sets no doubt.

I then do either Cable curls or grab the EZ bar. :)

I don’t know if it really makes a difference but whenever someone taller than me comments on how much I am lifting they always try and say its easier for shorter people as we don’t have to move the weight as far. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom