*** The all new iPhone 4 thread - Keep all iPhone 4 stuff in here ***

Associate
isnt it meant to be scratch resistant????

Yeah, I'm considering getting a Bumper (or something similar and cheaper :p) to protect the back of the phone from drops, but I don't think a screen protector is necessary. Still using my 2G which is now about three years old, and the screen is pretty decent, though the back is scratched to bits lol.

Soldato
I think Apple have a conspiracy going because my iPhone has been perfect for the last 2 years of owning it. However in the last week or so the on/off button has started not to work properly (you have to push it four or five times at different pressure for it to acknowledge that you want to lock the phone) and the screen has two scratches in which can be felt with your fingernail...looks like I'll be going back on to the £35/pm contract with Vodafone given their current prices.

Now do you think the 32GB is really needed over the 16GB? I never fill my iPhone 3G (16gb) but then again that doesn't shoot high def video....

Associate
I think i will go for (if corrrect) 18 months at £40 + £219 for 32Gb version mainly on the premise that 18 x £40 is cheaper than 24 x £35

Soldato
Now do you think the 32GB is really needed over the 16GB? I never fill my iPhone 3G (16gb) but then again that doesn't shoot high def video....

That's a very good point to raise.
People certainly need to take this into account if they plan on using and keeping lots of video on their phone.

Soldato
Apple Pre-Ordering at 8AM apparently.

And allegedly the below is Orange's prices...

ehyb0y.jpg

1ftf1t.jpg

^^^^^

That's how I read it, may be some mistakes. Really don't want to sign 2 years of my life away :(.

Last edited:
I think Apple have a conspiracy going because my iPhone has been perfect for the last 2 years of owning it. However in the last week or so the on/off button has started not to work properly (you have to push it four or five times at different pressure for it to acknowledge that you want to lock the phone) and the screen has two scratches in which can be felt with your fingernail...looks like I'll be going back on to the £35/pm contract with Vodafone given their current prices.

I have just been camping and loaded my 3GS with music and an entire season of 24
I took a video n it stopped recording saying it had ran out of memory!
Can't remember the file sizes of each episode of 24.

Soldato
HD video uses up a LOT of memory, it comes out usually as about 60-70mb a minute, probably higher on the iphone due to higher FPS, so I can see people going through 32gb in no time at all with a decent music collection on top.

Edit - This is for video captured by the phone.

Soldato
Comparing the draft Vodaphone and Orange published prices there is £80 difference between the 32GB model.

Voda - £239
Orange - £319

(18 month, £35 tariff)

Soldato
I have to make a film as part of my dissertation next year and am considering using it to film it. The point; a comment on the ease of capturing immediacy type style of thing.
Depending how accessible iMovie for iPhone is, I'd like to edit it on it as well.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom