O2:
18 months (12 month lock in)
£15 per month
£500 handset price
300 minutes
Unlimited texts
Unlimited data
= £770

Couldn't do with 300 minutes to be honest!
Texts fair enough, but ping etc can be used instead.
750MB... I'm not so sure of I have "unlimited" internet with my current Orange contract, I regularly use 1GB+ PM and have never heard a word from them about it!

Presumably 02 shops will have the sim adaptors in stock (seeing as the ipad is out) so I can re-convert a cut down sim to a full size one? I remember reading somewhere that o2 will supply these for free?

May have a nip down to o2 at luncheon to see.

Also, I think anyone on an older o2 simplicity will be tough to beat - £20/month 600mins 1200txts, "unlimited" data (o2 have not changed this yet so guessing it's simply a FUP in place and not a hard limit), free wifi, visual voicemail, mms come out of txt allowance. So that's £980 for 24 months without a contract. I'm not giving up my simplicity!

Last edited:
Presumably 02 shops will have the sim adaptors in stock (seeing as the ipad is out) so I can re-convert a cut down sim to a full size one? I remember reading somewhere that o2 will supply these for free?

May have a nip down to o2 at luncheon to see.

Sweet let us know as I'll be after one of those converters too. Would still like this micro sim issue cleared up as well, but it seems o2 doesn't know much about it...

I think Orange need to change their "registering interest" email:

We’ll be in touch on Tuesday 15 June to tell you how you can reserve your iPhone 4 – ahead of its launch on 24 June.

Either it has slipped pending network bureaucracy or apple shennanigans, or Apple have just thrown all the stock out the door with it's own allocation and have left the networks out in the cold.

Do you literally just send the phone off with o2 recycle? Or do you need the box and cables/plugs sent off as well?

The envelope they sent me would only just fit the phone in :D

300 minutes is 5hrs of call time.

I don't think I've rung someone for longer than 15 minutes on my mobile. Most of my calling is on the work phone or they call me.

In fact I'm considering going from iSimplicity 20 -> Simplicity 15 now, just to save £5 a month.

300 minutes is 5hrs of call time.

I don't think I've rung someone for longer than 15 minutes on my mobile. Most of my calling is on the work phone or they call me.

In fact I'm considering going from iSimplicity 20 -> Simplicity 15 now, just to save £5 a month.

I could easily spend 15 minutes on the phone each day to a mate, and anything above that would push me well over 500 mins.

I'm one of those people who reserved one and never got the confirmation email. Anyone know if there is a way of confirming the reservation exists (Their site is flakey as..) on the site short of phoning them up?

Appears all models are sold out at Meadowhall now :eek:

I'm one of those people who reserved one and never got the confirmation email. Anyone know if there is a way of confirming the reservation exists (Their site is flakey as..) on the site short of phoning them up?

Appears all models are sold out at Meadowhall now :eek:

Try and reserve another (at any store) and it will say that you are only allowed to reserve one iPhone.

Back
Top Bottom